• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    On Platinum, I'm busy finishing my dream team off. 4/6 are at the target level of 55+, but Thure and Hermes are still in training. They will all be level 100 by the time I get finished with them, and I'm super happy with all of them.

So, in order to train up Hermes and Thure, I've been trying my hand at chaining with Shuko's amazing guide. So far (and thanks to having a gimpy hand), my highest chain is 11, but I'm persisting with it and am determined to have a shiny to my name.

I also have been very busy trading with lots of people; I recently got an Arceus, and traded a spare for a shiny Mewtwo - something I've been searching for for a looong time.

Team:-

Thure, Shiny PorygonZ, level 24, EXP Share
    Hermes, Meganium, Level 44, Lucky Egg
    Mars, Shiny Feraligatr, Level 56, Lucky Egg
    Styx, Omastar, Level 55, Life Orb
    Seraphim, Arcanine, level 55, Lucky Egg
    Zeus, Dragonite, level 56, Lucky Egg

Last edited:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    - My Budew finally evolded into Roselia. At almost 5AM, lol.
    - Went fishing and cought a Finneon. Named her Layla. And oh my God, she's pretty hard to raise.
    - Still trying to get myself a Munchlax from those trees -_- no luck so far, only Combees, one Burmy and one Aipom, which was VERY hard to catch for some uknown reason..
    - Next stop: Veilstone.

I want a Munchlax T_T

Years
    In Platinum, I went up against the Elite Four. I got as far as Lucian, where I was defeated. I needed to construct an entirely new team, and tried again. The next time, things were more successful.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Diamond: evolved a few pokémon, gotten my pokédex to 455.

Platinum: traded with my diamond version and got Machamp, Alakazam, Rhyperior, and Dusknoir in the process.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    OKay SO i am so happy that I evolved these Starters and now I have 254 Caught and 387 seen in Pt. Pokedex . These are the starters :

Blaziken Torterrra CHARIZARD (winn) Venusaur

I am now pulling at it with these :

Totodile Squirtle Mudkip
    All at Lv. 1 , freshly hatched !

I am working hard at my Pokedex . I think I'll do the same when I egt Heart Gold . Since I already piled up 150 hours of Pokedex completion YAAYY

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    One of my DS buttons stopped working so I can't do much...

Got a Manaphy for my team, and it now backs up my Phione in battle.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Well, in Diamond I've been trying to raise a second Elite Four team for some reason... though training for the E4 should be easier this time around since I already beat them once before. The team consists of:

Mahatma (male Medicham)
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Pure Power
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Hi Jump Kick
    Ice Punch

Linux (Porygon-Z)
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Download
    Discharge (might replace with Zap Cannon)
    Lock-On (will hopefully replace with Tri Attack)
    Signal Beam
    Recover

Kazza (male Alakazam) --from in-game trade
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Synchronize
    Psychic
    Miracle Eye
    Reflect
    Recover

Maleficent (female Mismagius)
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Levitate
    Psybeam
    Magical Leaf
    Ominous Wind
    Confuse Ray

Raven (female Honchkrow)
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Insomnia
    Night Shade (will replace with Dark Pulse)
    Wing Attack
    Night Slash
    Nasty Plot

Lance (male Dragonair)
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Dragon Rush (will replace with Outrage)
    Flamethrower
    Aqua Tail (will replace with Fly)
    Surf

I just finished EV training Mahatma, Linux, and Maleficent, mainly in Special Attack and Speed. Mahatma trained in the Solaceon Ruins though, an EV training place I love because all it has is Unown, which give out Attack and Special Attack. (The Lucario I had on my first E4 team also trained there.) I'm currently training Kazza in the Lost Tower.

Today, I did a few things with Raiha, my Thunder Waving/Thieving Raichu. First, I tried entering her in a Master Rank Coolness Contest. She came in a very close third, even though her Thunderbolt got the crowd going once. Oh well... And I was surprised to see Fantina participate in the contest with her Drifblim. It's weird how it has a nickname in the contest (Loony), but not in the gym battle... Loony completely sucked in the Acting Competition, but still won second place... O_O

I did my daily errands, which included paying a visit to the News Centre in Solaceon. They gave me three Net Balls for a Bonsly, which I had caught in the Trophy Garden a while back. Also, today's swarming Pokemon was Delibird, so I went out to Route 216 to catch a couple. I caught one pretty easily, but after wasting a Heal Ball and three Great Balls on a second (which was at 1HP and paralyzed), I gave up, thinking one was enough. I nicknamed my new Delibird Mrs. Claus, and taught her Fly and Defog. (The only other attack she has is Present...)

Also, I brought half of my new E4 team to the Battle Tower. First I entered Kazza, Maleficent, and Raven in a single-battle competition. Kazza swept most of the Pokemon away with Psychic, and he even managed to 2HKO some Steel-types. He had a tricky time with a Torkoal, a battle in which he had to use all four of his attacks... (Miracle Eye removed the effect of two Smokescreens) Occasionally Kazza fainted, and occasionally I switched to Raven on a Psychic-type. Also, something funny happened in one of the battles:

Kazza used Psychic!
    It's not very effective...
    Magneton used Thunder Wave!
    Kazza became paralyzed!
    Kazza's Synchronize paralyzed Magneton!
    Kazza's Lum Berry cured its paralysis!
    Magneton's Cheri Berry cured its paralysis!

I LOL'd when the berries took effect. Anyway, that was an easy win, resulting in 3BP. Also, I decided to try the Multi-Battles, the one where I team up with a CPU. I entered Maleficent and Raven, and teamed up with Marley (who had a Weavile and Aerodactyl). The two of us actually made a good team, and Marley seemed to quickly remember which moves Maleficent knew and accurately predicted which Pokemon she would hit with which attack. I picked up on this too, knowing that Weavile would automatically Night Slash any Psychic or Ghost that appeared. Weavile faced many super-effective attacks, like Brick Break and Silver Wind, and fainted a few times. However, Maleficent never fainted, and Raven didn't participate in any of the battles. During one battle, both Maleficent and Weavile were paralyzed, but still were able to finish off the battle. In another, they OHKO'd every Pokemon that appeared before the foes could attack. In the very last battle, Maleficent and Aerodactyl were up against a Seviper, and I thought Aerodactyl was going to use Earthquake, which Maleficent is immune to. However, Marley apparently didn't know Mismagius could Levitate, and instead Aerodactyl used Stone Edge. Oh well, at least it was still a OHKO. Overall, another easy win resulting in 3BP.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Hatched:

50+ Cyndaquils
    Teddiursa
    Natu

Caught:

Baltoy
    Elektrike

Trades:

Shiny Eevee
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Azelf
    Moltres
    Kabuto
    Vulpix
    Leafeon
    Froslass
    Smeargle
    Ursaring

Evolved:

Golbat - Crobat
    Magnaton - Magnazone
    Buneary - Lopunny

Team:

Infernape lvl 89
    Gliscor lvl 85
    Gengar lvl 85

So far, that is all I have done. Trying to get a Shiny Cyndaquil, but no luck, Japanese Ditto be damned.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    After starting over in Platinum, I have earned four badges thus far as Dawn and I have reached Pastoria City and I will be heading over to challenge Crasher Wake soon with my team of Torterra, Staravia, Kadabra, Eevee, Gastly. I am going to go under ground pretty soon to look for a fire stone to evolve my Eevee as well to maintain a fire type pokemon.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Heading to Sunnyshore. Just caught Giratina. Team consists of:
    Bagon Lv 53
    Sceptile Lv 52
    Charizard Lv 53
    Feraligatr Lv 53
    Pidgeot Lv 53
    Tyranitar Lv 55

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Well, I've halted training of my second E4 team to make way for a HUGE Pokemon catching spree. The spree has been lasting for only three days now, but the Pokemon I captured so far are:

Sunday:
    Weepinbell (level 51, female, caught on Route 229)
    Illumise (level 50, female, caught on Route 229)
    Volbeat (level 50, male, caught on Route 229)
    Gloom (level 51, female, caught on Route 229)
    Scyther (level 52, female, caught on Route 229)
    Rhydon (level 52, male, caught on Route 228)
    Ariados (level 52, male, caught on Route 229)
    Poliwag (level 30, female, caught on Route 228)
    Vibrava (level 54, female, caught on Route 228)
    Cacturne (level 53, female, caught on Route 228)
    Gastly (level 12, male, caught in Old Chateau)
    Delibird (level 32, female, caught on Route 216)
    Dugtrio (level 52, male, caught on Route 227)

Monday:
    Ledian (level 52, female, caught on Route 229)
    Camerupt (level 55, male, caught on Route 227)

Yesterday:
    Lapras (level 47, female, caught in Victory Road)
    Luvdisc (level 25, male, caught on Route 224)
    Clamperl (level 30, female, caught on Route 221)
    Chinchou (level 15, male, caught on Route 220)
    Clamperl (level 20, male, caught on Route 219)
    Weezing (level 55, male, caught in Stark Mountain)
    Banette (level 52, male, caught on Route 225)
    Magcargo (level 56, male, caught in Stark Mountain)
    Relicanth (level 50, male, caught on Route 226)
    Sandshrew (level 16, female, caught in Wayward Cave)
    Aron (level 29, female, caught in Fuego Ironworks)
    Torkoal (level 55, female, caught on Route 227)
    Mankey (level 22, male, caught on Route 226)
    Shellder (level 28, female, caught in Fuego Ironworks)
    Togepi (level 18, female, caught on Route 230)
    Skarmory (level 56, female, caught on Route 227)

While catching these Pokemon, my mind drew a blank sometimes when trying to come up with names, so I left some Pokemon unnamed until I come up with something that's not taken by other Pokemon I have in other games. This also applied to most of the Pokemon I hatched. Others I gave crappy names, like Bernie for Magcargo and Miser for Cacturne... But I was still able to come up with some clever names, like Molly for Shellder (based off of Mollusk), Toadette for Poliwag, Mrs. Claus for Delibird, Grandpa for Relicanth (XD), and Peeps for Togepi (XDDDD).

Also yesterday, I migrated six Pokemon from Leaf Green (I haven't migrated in quite a while...):
    Dry Bones (male Cubone, level 47)
    I forgot. (female Slowpoke, level 27) --No, I didn't forget; that's her actual nickname.
    Azalea (female Caterpie, level 3)
    Bowser (male Squirtle, level 5) --Child of a Ditto and Blastoise
    Crush (female Pinsir, level 5) --Child of a Pinsir and Parasect
    Ice Cream (female Grimer, level 28) --because Grimer sorta looks like melted ice cream...

Today, I decided to work towards getting into the Ribbon Society, which involves getting ten ribbons on a Pokemon, so I believe. Thus, I'm trying to get ten ribbons on Raiha, my super-special-awesome Raichu who's frequently in my party. So far she has five ribbons: an Effort Ribbon, the first three Coolness Ribbons, and the Downcast Ribbon. Yes, that's right, I visited Julia today, the Sunnyshore lady who asks for a word every day. She asked for something that would make her cry today, and I picked "Sadness". Well of course that worked--it's so obvious!

Last edited:

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Ehhhhhhhhh. I went to go and catch a Luvdisc for a trade, and I find an Octillery. So, I decide to use Magcargo against it just to weaken it. It doesn't know any Water moves, so I feel safe to use Rock Slide.

Magcargo, Rock Slide!
    Foe Octillery uses Hyper Beam!
    OOHHHHHHHHHHHH MAHHHHHH GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!!
    And my friend sits there laughing his butt off about it.

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    just caught heatran almost eat up my balls (pokeballs i mean). i took like ages to catch the damn beast.

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
    Well, I've been busy for the past couple of days and now I'm at the beginning because I forgot to save the game. Now since I forgot to save it, I wonder what Pokemon I'll choose...

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Defeated the E4 last night before bed and now trying to find a Rotom to complete my Dex. Can't be bothered waiting like 9hours just to get the in game Rotom so am trying to find someone to help me

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Finally got around to a starter battle between my friend (the one who laughed about the Octillery Hyper Beam incident). We had decided awhile back that it would be my Empoleon against his Torterra. We had no restriction, Empoleon level 94 and Torterra level 92. Not that much difference, right? And we know that Empoleon's slow, so I thought that his Torterra would kick Empoleon's butt. But...EMPOLEON GOES FIRST. And then I ICE-BEAMED HIS BUTT. >:D

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Seeing as I broke my right hand AGAIN, I've been limited to how much I can do on Platinum, so I've designed a new team *as seen in my signature* and organised my boxes in my PC so I can easily see what I need to fill up my pokedex. It's organised by national pokedex number, and I've got a way to go!

Tomorrow I'm going to breed and train a Swellow, while hoping that Spoink will be swarming. Then I need to start work on my LG file and get Raikou.

Back