• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    Today, I went to Jubilife City. I tried the lottery and won the PP Up item. After that, I traveled to Snowpoint and went south where Mismagius participated in its first battle. He was successful in defeating the opponent's Machoke.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    My Most Exciting Poke' Story ( So far )

I remeber specifially typing a thread on the fith Gym Leader: Felina ( or something like that ). On how I couldn't find away to beat her Gassy Ghost Poke'mon that were immune to physical attacks.

So I'm here, right now, sharing my Trainer Journal Story

What happened was I took the advice of one of the many Users of this forum saying I should use "Shadow Ball Technique". Now I was bummed because I thought I needed to catch a Poke'mon and train it to learn that specific move. But while I was preparing for the Gym Leader: Felina ( again, something like that)
    I decided to check my TM/HM pocket of my backpack to see if I had any TMs that would be able to manipulate the power darkness or psychic... While skimming through the pocket I found. ( OMG OMG OMG OMG! ) SHADOW BALL, so I loaded that TM up and found out that my Roselia was able to learn it. I substituted her Stun Spore
    ( which was the savior of my previous Gym Challenge )
    for it and went into battle. She called forth her ballon like Ghost Poke'mon
    ( I don't remember it's name, but you would )
    and defeated it with a few lucky strikes with my Staravia's Aerial Ace. XOO to OOOOO
    One down two to go... She called forth Gengar which surpriced me because he was actually weaker then Michevi- whatever's evolved form...
    When Staravia was weakened I called forth Roselia and used Shadow Ball and brought him down to an halve of inch of health. Wonderful for me...
    After a minor struggle between blows I finished Gengar off and my Roselia was weakened. So I called Staravia again.
    XXO to OOOOO
    Stravia was weakened by a couple of moves and then before he died I used a Hyper Potion on Roselia ( TIME FOR A COMEBACK BAY BAY! )
    So I called Roselia again at full health and battled away using Shadow Ball as many times as I could and won! She was beaten!
    XXX to XOOOO
    So in the end I nearly craped my pants and lol'd at the same time. I was so happy to get the Relic Badge. But it wasen't the end!
    My Staravia evolved into a Staraptor!
    What a finale!​

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well I was waiting till later to post more but I decided to do it now...lol

After a few days break, my pokemon and I decided it was time to get back on our feet! So we traveled along Lake Valor's Lakefront and finally after hours of traveling and training we made it to Pastoria...what a relief. That's when I met new ppl and got new things as well...anyway, I decided I needed a bit more practice so I headed towards the mucky mud right outside of Pastoria to do some training and who would have guessed I made myself back to Hearthome City...LOL...I was stunned, but I had to get back to Pastoria...so right now I'm making my way back to Pastoria Town...*again*...but this time I'm coming prepared to have the best battle yet...I also had a bit of fun a few times at the Seven Stars Restaraunt as well...

Current Team:

Prinplup Lv.38
    Bubblebeam
    Brine
    Metal Claw
    Peck

Chimchar Lv.38
    Flamewheel
    Ember
    Facade
    Brick Break

Staraptor Lv.38
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Take Down

Pachirisu Lv. 38
    Discharge
    Super Fang
    Last Resort
    Swift

Ambipom Lv.38
    Double Hit
    Swift
    Fling
    Astonish

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    After training Snover to level 41 so it could learn Blizzard and evolving it into Abomasnow I went to Lake Acuity to see that my rival, Barry had epically failed but caught something that was said about Team Galactic's HQ in Veilstone. I immediately flew to Veilstone and started to investigate after entering the HQ I realised I needed a key to get into the deeper parts of the warehouse. There was only one possibility to where it was and that was the warehouse to the left of the HQ, but that was still locked. I went outside the HQ and saw a Galactic grunt out by himself and scared the crap out of him to the point he ran away dropping a warehouse key :).

I entered the warehouse and unlocked the doors, for the key to break, and searched the whole warehouse until I found the Galactic key. I then re-entered the HQ and searched for where the 3 lake Pokemon could possibly be, I eventually reached The boss', Cyrus, office to which he congratulated me on coming so far to thelp the pokemon but requested a fight I easily whooped his team and was given a masterball for my victory and the opportunity to release the pokemon.

I took the teleport to the lake Pokemon's holding room, Saturn wasn't happy with his Boss' desicion and decided to battle again, only to fail, I then released the pokemon, left the HQ and rested before making the voyage to the top of Mt Corenet, to stop Cyru's insane plan.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well after playing for a few hours more...i made my way back to Pastoria where I finally got to challenge the gym leader, Crasher Wake...Little Pachirisu handled the entire battle all by itself and did a fantastic job. It also got to try out its latest attack, Last resort which did quite a bit of damage to Wake's Floatzel...but Discharge was used FTW...after earning my4th badge the Fen badge...I decided to rest up a bit and have a little catching spree in the Great Marsh. Believe it or not, I actually caught myself a Carnivine, which was great knowing that Carnivine is quite hard to find... After exiting the Great March I saw a Team Galactic grunt was up to no good...when he fled I tried catching him, but Barry came up from the behind.

BArry and I were pulled into battle against each other where Ambipom single handedly KO'd his entire team...after, Barry left I decided to see if I can catch up to that Grunt, but he kept escaping, until he finally decided to get into a battle...which was another easy win for Prinplup. After defeating that grunt who slowly walked away defeated, I met up with that strange lady, Cynthia who gave me a cure to clear the way where a bunch of Psyducks are blocking. Before I did that though, I returned to Hearthome City where Prinplup won the Great Rank Cool Contest...maybe sometime later when the two of us are ready we'll enter the Ultra and Master Rank as well...

As of now, I am making my way to Celestic Town where I have to deliver an Old Charm to Cynthia's grandmother.

Current Team:

Prinplup Lv.38
    Bubblebeam
    Brine
    Metal Claw
    Peck

Chimchar Lv.38
    Flamewheel
    Ember
    Facade
    Brick Break

Staraptor Lv.38
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Take Down

Pachirisu Lv. 38
    Discharge
    Super Fang
    Last Resort
    Swift

Ambipom Lv.38
    Double Hit
    Swift
    Fling
    Astonish

Oh, yeah and if u're wondering I'm still on the search for a 6th team member as well.....

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I am now starting to play my game a lot more! okay here I go: After catching my Budew up to Piplup I headed towards Oreburgh when all of a sudden I ran into my Rival Barry! He asked for a battle and of course I accepted hoping he got a lot stronger like he said he did...turns out he only reached lv.9 ':D I beat him since I was lv. 15 and he said he will get stronger and scurried off like he always does.

After that, I trained my pokemon 'till they got to lv. 16 just awesome...What Piplup was evolving!?!? Someone press the B button! (I did) Phew...I am not evolving my lil pippy! Anyways, after that I trained to lv. 18 at the Oreburgh Mine meeting the 1st gym leader...what a suprise. :)

When I reached lv. 18 I decided to go and battle the gym leader with Piplup, what a fantastic battle I must say Piplup took out 2 of his pokemon and reached the next level, his Cranidos was up against my Budew...Budew used Mega Drain and I got my 1st gym badge, Woo hoo...

Next, I was headed back to Jubilife to go to the next town, Floroma...

In addition to that before I could even reach Oreburgh Gate Barry came with his loud welcome THUD!!! He talked so fast I didn't know what he said and then Whoosh! He was gone.. well so much for that!

After I reached Jubilife there were these 2 spacemen with Prof. Rowan and Lucas...they looked evil to me...then Prof. Rowan explained some things to me and it turned out they WERE evil...I had to battle them with Lucas, and Budew and I beat them with a AWESOME Mega Drain! Lucas And Chimchar did alright, but they're attacks kept missing ':D.

Well after that corrupted mess, I reached Floroma safe and sound! BUT! Those Spacemen were there...I had to battle 2 more and then after that I went and train...right now I am trying to catch a Pachirisu Girl that knows pick up...and I am also TRYING REALLY HARD to get a Aipom from the honey trees...once I get an Aipom I am not evolving it but it WILL no double hit...I really love Aipom and I just don't want to EVER evolve it!

Well that is it for so far and here is my team atm:

Piplup: lv. 20
    Bubble
    Peck
    Bide
    Pound

Budew: lv. 20
    Mega Drain
    Water Sport
    Growth
    Stun Spore

Well, Until Next Time!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well did quite a bit since I challenged the Pastoria Gym. Okay where to start...while making my way to Celestic Town I couldn't help but get furious at the deep fog making most of my attacks miss...I was glad though because I did get a bit of training done and I saw a pokemon tha I really liked, which was a Mothim...who I'm considering baout being my 6th team member...anyway, when I finally arrived to Celestic Town I met up with Cynthia's granmother, stopped Team Galactic once again from doing their dirty work, and finally learned that the weird dude I met earlier name is CYRUS! He's q bit intimidating in the eye...but, I also visited the ruins and got in some more training done as well.

Not too long after I made my way back to Hearthome and challenged Fantina to win the Relic Badge. Surprisingly she was quite ruthless and knocked out both Staraptor and Pachirisu...but Ambipom took back the win with Astonishing both Mismagius and Gengar...so the RElic badge was all mine!!! After, I went to visit the Fuego Ironworks since I was now able to surf across water, where I got a leaf stone and two fire stones, which was great along with doing some hefty training. Also, with all teh training done earlier Chimchar's ember grew into a fiernce Flamethrower!!!

Just for the fun of it, I decided to go underground and who would have guessed that I would have gotten two fossils and some heartscales too! My Pachirisu also picked up a DUSK STONE which was way new from all the otehr things it used to pick up as well. As of now, I am am resting up in Floroma Town with three honey trees that are sapped, hoping I can catch a male burmy!!!...after, I'll be glad to make my way to Canalave City.

Current Team

Prinplup Lv.41
    Bubblebeam
    Peck
    Brine
    Metal Claw

Chimchar Lv.41
    Flamethrower
    Flamewheel
    Facade
    Brick Break

Staraptor Lv.41
    Aerial Ace
    Take Down
    Close Combat
    Fly

Pachirisu Lv.41
    Discharge
    Last Resort
    Swift
    Super Fang

Ambipom Lv.41
    Astonish
    Double Hit
    Swift
    Fling

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just beat Crasher Wake using Drifloon and Roselia today. Roselia used Giga Drain on Floatzel and Solarbeam on Quagsire, Drifloon used Shock Wave on Gyarados. Before long the Fen Badge was mine. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well after waking up to a bright shine in Floroma Town I saw three different pokemon in each of the honey trees I checked yesterday...I saw a silcoon, aipom, and combee...I caught the Aipom who happened to like sweet food which was perfect because I needed it for the cute contest after the Elite...and I caught the Combee as well, who gave me an extra honey to keep...

As the day went by I basically made my way to Canalave where I met up with Barry. The two of us got into a quick battle where my pachirisu finished his staravia, prinplup defeated ponyta, chimchar wrecked his grotle, ambipom took out his buizel, and Staraptor won the battle against his heracross!!! Another win for me, yet I knew I wasn't ready to take on the Gym here...so currently I am located in Iron Island where I plan to get some training done...

Current Team:

Prinplup Lv.43
    Brine
    Bubblebeam
    Peck
    Metal Claw

Chimchar Lv.43
    Flamethrower
    Facade
    Flamewheel
    Brick Break

Staraptor Lv.43
    Close Combat
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Take Down

Pachirisu Lv.43
    Discharge
    Super Fang
    Last Resort
    Swift

Ambipom Lv.43
    Double Hit
    Swift
    Astonish
    Fling

I'm still on the hunt for a male Burmy as I really want a Mothim for my sixth team member of the group, and I'm starting to think of other attacks that would give my team a more variety when coming close to battle the Elite Four...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Man since the last time I wrote here, I can't remember where I left off and I'm too lazy to go check. I've collected so many pokemon I literally have to go in my PC boxes to check the new ones! I Finally caught the pixie Mesprit! I got a masterball from Hoen. I've also migrated pokemon from Hoen. Like Swampert, Tropius, Breloom, Sealeo, Makuhita, and swellow! I finally also caught a Skuntank. I got that cheeky little ****** yeah anyway lol I also collected a lot of swarm pokemon Corsola, Lickitung, Magnemite, Snuubull, Krabby, Dunsparce and Spoink. I also got the evolved forms so I collected two of each. After that, I went on a hunt for Skarmory! I finally caught one of those guys too! I've also done some breeding. I've breed for a poliwag, happiny, cleffa, spinarak, diglett, shroomish, igglybuff, ledyba. I also did some evolving. I have a grovyle, Luxray, Kingler, Ampharos, Ambipom, vigoroth, Lickilicky, magneton, Donphan, Granbull. I also caught a banette, Pelipper, miltank oh and a wobbuffet and bred for a wynaut. Yep I've been busy collecting. Up to my tenth pc box and going on 11. Until next time!

Can you say EDIT: I forgot to mention I finally ended up picking up a Rotom from the chateau! lol

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    started a new game on diamond yesterday, picked piplup and caught a starly, trained piplup to level 10, going to train starly soon

Current Team

Piplup L10
    Pound
    Bubble
    Growl

Starly L3
    Tackle
    Growl

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Caught a shiny Darkrai in Platinum earlier today, was browsing on the Internet when I heard Darkrai's cry, followed by the shiny noise. I got it to sleep thanks to my Smeargle and Spore, then got its health down in the red with Super Fang, putting Darkrai back to sleep with Spore after it woke up.

Surprisingly, it only took 5 Luxury Balls to catch. It broke free twice when the ball shook three times. The 5th ball was the lucky one, as I figured that it would break free, wake up and faint my Smeargle.

Thankfully my Timid synchronize worked and it ended up Timid. I'm currently chaining for a shiny Swinub, to see if I can get a 40 chain or even an early shiny.

Pokemon team:

Smeargle - Lvl 45
    Luxray - Lvl 66
    Infernape - Lvl 68
    Porygon-Z(shiny from Diamond) - Lvl 100
    Bibarel - HM Slave
    Noctowl - Fly HM Slave

After I get a shiny Swinub, I need to EV train and get my shiny Giratina and Darkrai too 100 before I trade them over to start the game again, so I can hunt for a good IV'd and nature Darkrai.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well ever since I finished up my training at Iron Island I still went on the hunt for a male burmy, but still no luck...but no need to worry as I'm still on the search. Though I did eventually get to battle the Canalave Gym, Byron and who have guessed it was Rorak's father from Oreburgh City...Anyway, this battle made me VERY proud because it was Chimchar's first time taking out a gym leader's entire team all by himself without any help from healing of any such. I felt like it was a great battle with a great reward. Soon after I left the gym, Barry came telling me to meet him in the Library, so after a quick heal up at the Pokemon Center I met him there, where I also found Dawn and Prof. Rowan! Here, Porf. Rowan discussed about the three Mirage Trio...Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf...which I found quite interesting. He also wanted the three of us to split up and investigate Lake Verity, Acuity, and Valor. I was asigned to investigate more at Lake Valor, but before we could all leave an large KABOOM happened, which got all of our attentions outside. No one really knew what it was about, so Prof. Rowan made the three of us each hurry off to where each lake was located.

When I arrived to Lake Valor I was surprised, the lake was dry with poor, flopping magikarps splashing about...After fighting off some Team Galactic Grunts, I met up with the third commander of the three, Saturn. The two of us got into a heft battle, but again chimchar pulled us another Voctory along with the help of my Prinplup who learned Drill Peck earlier on!!! After Saturn made his departure from the lake, I quickly rushed off to lake Verity to inform Prof. Rowan and Dawn, but they were being hastled by Team Galactic as well...Everything was going all wrong until I met up with Mars...who I booted out quite easily with my trust Staraptor and its Close Combat!!!

After clearing up all the trouble, I learned that Team Galactic had kidnapped the poor mirage pokemon and they had to be stopped! So after, I took a quick visit to my mom since she wasn't far, I got a quick rest. Now, I'm in Floroma Town again waiting until morning to see if I can catch a male Burmy and then it is off to Lake Acuity to make sure Barry is alright...

Current Team:

Prinplup Lv.47
    Drill Peck
    Bubblebeam
    Brine
    Metal Claw

Chimchar Lv.47
    Brick Break
    Flamethrower
    Flamewheel
    Facade

Staraptor Lv.47
    Close Combat
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Take Down

Pachirisu Lv.47
    Discharge
    Swift
    Super Fang
    Last Resort

Ambipom Lv.47
    Double Hit
    Last Resort
    Dig
    Astonish

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i have a new plan for diamond, im using piplup and am going to do a solo run, this will be the first one i have done on diamond and pearl, the last one i did was ruby, sapphire or emerald with a mudkip (note: my starter will be fully evolved)

My team at the moment

Piplup L11

i have also just found my emerald cartridge so i will be able to trade some pokemon across when i beat the elite 4

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Okay I've been busy lately. One of my good friends helped me obtain a rare pokemon a Shaymin to be exact. To my surprise it was a shiny! O_O I was like WOW! It made my day. So that was really cool to me. After that I decided to do a bit of training so I took Quilava and Vaporeon so they could train one of my Dratini to evolve with exp share. They took on the E4 numerous amount of times and I ended up getting Vaporeon up to lv 100 and getting a Dragonite out of the training! So Vaporeon is the second pokemon to hit lv 100 but the first female to do it so I call her the first lady! ^_^ Quilava will be next since he's at lv 92 and he will be the first NFT to hit 100. I also took my other Dratini and leveled her up to a Dragonair. So now I have a male Dragonite and female Dragonair but no Dratini so I have to either breed or go to Mt. Coronet I haven't decided yet. I also had my Chansey evolve into a Blissey! Since I'm in the training phase now I decided to train Glay-kun (my glaceon). I kind of let him rest for awhile but he has helped me in a lot of pinches and he also has 23 ribbons so I am going to train him to 100 he deserves it. I also took my Absol out to get some fresh air. At lv 69 he's going to be sticking around for awhile! lol I'm still looking for a water stone underground but I keep running into fire stones lol Well that's what I've been up to lately. Until next time!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    update on my earlier post... i have defeated all of the gym trainers in the enterna city gym, i am just about to battle the gym leader gardenia.

Team

Prinplup Lv28
    Pound
    Bubblebeam
    Peck
    Metal Claw

Starly Lv7 (HM Slave 1)

Bidoof Lv4 (HM Slave 2)

Update 11/01/09:

Team:

Empoleon Lv38
    Aqua Jet
    BubbleBeam
    Brine
    Metal Claw

Bidoof Same as before
    Starly Same as before

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Well, I am on my 16th video for youtube. Doing the 17th later today. Just go to youtube and look for my name there. =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Restarted Diamond. I currently am trudging through the muck outside Hearthome to Pokemon Mansion to train. I got bored and decidd to blind-kill or attack without seeing the Pokemon. LOL BIG MISTAKE. I fainted a Pokemon and looked up to see that it was a... *DDDDRRRRUUUUMMMMRRRROOOOLLLL*
    SHINY(!) Quagsire, I badly needed a Water Type (Started with Chimchar)!

OH NO!!!!!!

Well, I just "WHIPPED" Wake and have to "FAINT" Fantina!
    (LOL Joke how dumb)

A: FLOAZEL .vs. ROSELIA!

Floatzel : Roselia
    Aqua Jet - Grasswhistle
    ASLEEP - Magical Leaf
    *Repeat for 2 more turn(s)*
    -o, o : o, o, o, o, o, o

GYARADOS .vs. LUXIO!
    (To be continued)

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I finally upgraded!

So, I finally bought my copy of Pokemon Diamond. Haha it took me forever. I must say, I really like this game! I love a lot of the new Pokemon, and so far, the Sinnoh region is huge(!) IMO. My Magikarp evolved to Gyarados (been leveling it up since I caught it at level 3) just after my battle with Gardenia, so woooo! Thank goodness, Flash is finally a TM! I wish they made Rock Smash a TM. Wow, and Team Galactic looks like Team Geeey with those uniforms haha. I also like the subtle 3D! Very nice.

Back