• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

siper x's n00bish sprites

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Hello everyone, am a new spriter, so i expect to see a lot of critisism.
    I have 2 fakemon, 1 trainer, and overworlds. And if you want to use them (i highly doubt it)
    ASK FIRST!

Now on to the sprites!

water snake fakemon (no name, sugestions?)
    eju5hz.png

Random sprite (ground type, and no name)
    2m5gjn6.png

Ash Trainer Sprite
    sooo68.png

Wes (from Orre) overworlds (the visor looks bad here, but in game, it looks like the sun is glaring off it)
    biovbo.png

There are my current 4 sprites, I'll ad some more later.

Last edited:

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Hello everyone, am a new spriter, so i expect to see a lot of critisism.
    I have 2 fakemon, 1 trainer, and overworlds. And if you want to use them (i highly doubt it)
    ASK FIRST!

Now on to the sprites!

water snake fakemon (no name, sugestions?)
    28asyv8.png

Random sprite (ground type, and no name)
    2m5gjn6.png
    I find that sprites usually look better when they're in 3/4 view, facing to the left (otherwise you get something like an enemy Umbreon doing Mud Slap on the GSC games...)
    Other than that, they look pretty good, especially the Ash sprite! Keep it up!

Years
  • Untitled-18.png
    28asyv8.png
    You see these two? the one on the left is ~Kian~'s...The one on the right is yours..... looks like pretty much the same anchor to me. I dunno if he gave you permission to use it or nething (and i apologize if he did) but it looks like u've taken it from him dude, cuz he posted before you and i see no credit given whatsoever.

Stealing other ppl's work = not cool dude...

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    whoops, i didn't see that, i'll change it right away. (i found the anchor on google images)

Edit: FIXXED. i wouldn't steal, i just saw a pic on google images with it, and i decided i'd use it, and forgot to find out if someone here made it. sorry.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • If you find something custom (or even if you think it might be custom) on google images, you should get permission to use it credit the owner. In terms of sprites, I love wes, but your fakemon all look kind of.....well.....bland. There just doesn't seem to be enough texture and color variation. Ash looks good, and all, but the outline is too dark, leading (in this case) to it looking too thick. fix those things up and all should be pretty good here.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • You didn't fix it, you just edited it slightly
    Remove the whole anchor and start again.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    there, happy? i made the new one from scratch. And as i said, honest mistake, you don't have to that hard, just ask me to change it and i will. Anyways, I'm working on Rui overworld sprites now.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    this is what i have so far (or at least thet i'm releasing until i'm finished) of Rui.
    *NOTE* this is a proto type, after i finish, i'll make changes to make it better.
    5lpcpd.png

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    I have 2 rough draft fakemon

Leafbead
    Grass type
    stage 1
    2q23hc2.png

Stickead
    grass type
    stage 2
    20r7foi.png

I am not done with stage 3, but theese are rough drafts, so critisize away so my finals can be better.

Years
  • Basic much?

Seriously, if you saw a wild one of these appear, would you seriously consider capturing one? I say before starting to pixel, get a good concept. As a leaf and twig though, I suppose they're okay. As Pokémon, they are too small, lack anything of interest, aren't facing the right way and yeah.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Basic much?

Seriously, if you saw a wild one of these appear, would you seriously consider capturing one? I say before starting to pixel, get a good concept. As a leaf and twig though, I suppose they're okay. As Pokémon, they are too small, lack anything of interest, aren't facing the right way and yeah.

actually it is a starter for the grass type, not a wild pokemon, and as most pokemon go, the worse looking 1st stage, the better and cooler looking 3rd stage. and also, if you didn't know the evolution of the kanto pokemon, or anything about it, then squirtle would never be chosen through your method of rating these. and also, how are they facing the wrong way (the second 1 mabey)?

also, i'm almost done with the rui overworlds, and am working on the 3rd stage fake.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • I have 2 rough draft fakemon

Leafbead
    Grass type
    stage 1
    2q23hc2.png

Stickead
    grass type
    stage 2
    20r7foi.png

I am not done with stage 3, but theese are rough drafts, so critisize away so my finals can be better.

It's a leaf and a stick. Seriously, could you honestly imagine fighting one of those in a Pokemon game? I suggest you get some paper, and draw out some ideas before randomly spriting the first thing that comes into your mind. Also the stick is facing the wrong way. Did Baro help you make these?

Years
  • I think a leaf and a stick could actually make great pokemon... you just need to make em more pokemon like.... you're allowed 16 colors, use them, maybe add some effects like moss, vines or some lil twig hands....
    the stick guy seems really straight.... try to make it more naturally bent, with lil bits of twist here and there....
    Since they're starters they have to look cool the whole way through, not only the final stage, so you should really make them stand out more...

neway....you really should try drawing out ur ideas first, but its not a requirement... if you have a concept that you wanna follow, go ahead and sprite it if you want... but i feel its a lot easier if you have the design in front of you, not just in your mind.

Take a look at some official sprites... if you notice, they never use the outline color to outline completely, just the lighter areas, and black for the darker areas and a combination of the outline color and black on semi-lighted areas, try to follow this and you're sprites will start looking a bit more official.

Also some of your outlines are a lil jagged and thick, the outlines should be a maximum of 1 pixel...not more than that. so first work on cleaning up your outlines, before you start working on coloring and shading.

hope that was atleast a lil bit helpful :P....

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Its a leaf and a stick. Seriously.
    Sigh.
    y'know, its not a pokémon.
    its a leaf. and a stick.
    you have just sprited a leaf and a stick. not a Pokémon.
    Add something like, maybe more colours?
    Did Nintendo just get a mouse and sprite it?
    No.
    They made it yellow and have cheek pouches, and a lightning bolt tail, and long pointy ears, and brown stripes.

Years
  • The colours are quite boring as well and very 'MS-Paint' like. So I suggest taking colours from official sprites or take a look at tutorials on hue shifting? The stick doesn't have too much contrast as well and the angle of it doesn't match the Pokémon style.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    The colours are quite boring as well and very 'MS-Paint' like. So I suggest taking colours from official sprites or take a look at tutorials on hue shifting? The stick doesn't have too much contrast as well and the angle of it doesn't match the Pokémon style.

Actually, the colours are from an official sprite on the leaf one.
    Not sure about the stick.
    Leaf=Tsutarjas colours.

Years
  • Well, that sort of makes sense but Tsutaaja's colours were made for the Black/White style. Tsutaaja was barely shaded at all and that's the style for Black and White.
    Look at some Pokémon with the style:
    541.png
    513.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    You shoudl really try something easier like recoloring first? They look good, just not great

Back