• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skateboarding, anyone?

Years
  • I used too. I don't any more.
    I was never great at it though :/
    If my skateboard wasn't wrecked, I would start again.

You can always buy a new one though... A full-set here costs approx. 180€ (depening on what you buy, how much it costs, etc). In usa that will probably be around 150$.

Years
  • I almost mastered it, took me 4 months of trying. :)

Oh well, it is worth the time though. :P For me, it took around 6 months to master Hardflip, and the results are... Great :D Impossible however, took me less than an hour to get down too o_O :D

Years
  • I'm street/regular, though some mini-vert sessions can be quitte fun too :D Closest skatepark here is about 10 - 15 mins away. My faves (and currently best ones as well) are Hardflip, Fakie Hardflip and Impossible :D I've been skating since... Uh, I think january 2008... Makes 1 year and about 8 months :P Skating this summer is a pain in the butt though, cause the weather here can get so hot that you're tired in no time, even when doing easy stuff. :/

It seems everyone I know who skates is street/regular.

Speaking of skatepark (well.. I guess no one was, but still) I always found it weird that most of the people at the skatepark are really nice.

Years
  • It seems everyone I know who skates is street/regular.

Speaking of skatepark (well.. I guess no one was, but still) I always found it weird that most of the people at the skatepark are really nice.

Well, that's simply the nature of pretty much all skaters. We help each other out without actually thinking about it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I skate. I've skated a good 3 years, on and off really. Some info...

I skate mongo/goofy
    I can do a Pop Shov-it
    I can do a Kickflip
    I can Heelflip
    I can get in and out of a Primo
    I can Manual (who can't :D)
    I can Nose Manual
    I can One Wheel Manual
    I can One Wheel Nose Manual
    I can boardslide
    I can 5 0
    I can 50 - 50
    And a lot more

I consider myself good.

Years
  • I skate. I've skated a good 3 years, on and off really. Some info...

I skate mongo/goofy
    I can do a Pop Shov-it
    I can do a Kickflip
    I can Heelflip
    I can get in and out of a Primo
    I can Manual (who can't :D)
    I can Nose Manual
    I can One Wheel Manual
    I can One Wheel Nose Manual
    I can boardslide
    I can 5 0
    I can 50 - 50
    And a lot more

I consider myself good.

That's pretty good. I don't like manuals that much tho :P
    Seeing you post some stuff, I guess I wanna do so too...

Here goes..

I can do:
    Kickflip
    Heelflip
    Hardflip
    360-flip (though I seem to have lost it a few days ago, but I'll get it back eventually)
    Impossible (Yar!! :D)
    Fakie Hardflip
    Boardslide
    50-50
    5-0
    Ollie Late Frontside Shuvit
    Backside 180 Heelflip
    Fakie Frontside Bigspin
    And a whole lot more, but the ones I listed are my best ones.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I haven't been able to skate much as of late, but I enjoy skating quite a bit.

I'm more of a manual kinda guy. I'm best at manualing because I have sick balance.

My favorite trick is probably the handstand. It's hard to do, I've busted my head a few times, but it's flashy and fun.

My favorite skater is a tie between Rodney Mullen/Chad Muska.

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
  • Me + Skateboard would definitely = Hospital. So no. I don't skate at all despite the fact that I have actually never been to the hospital. I think it's really because I'm a coward to such things -shrugs-

Years
  • ^I thought that too, when I first started. But I started to practice more and it became less... "scary" I guess you could say... Idk

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
  • Well. If I ever did try skating, I certainly wouldn't be able to do any tricks. I'm a slow learned to those things. I would do simple skating down a street (or rather down the long driveway I have, since the street isn't skateable.)

Years
  • ^Well I'd be just happy to do that aswell... But my driveway is all rock =[ My road is very long and has a lot of hills, so I don't exactly know how fun it would be.

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    I skate sometimes. I've been doing it off and on for about seven years, so I'm pretty good. I've got a couple of different boards and a huge kit of parts for hybriding, but I usually stick with 'Klondike'. Klondike is my Baker, and has my favorite trucks on her. (:

We have one of the best skate parks here, too.
    Skatepark of Tampa ftw.

Back