• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sketches and so forth

Zadros

Burn
Years
    • Age 32
    • Aus
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • I think these are pretty nice. :) The Cyndaquils look good, there isn't any mistakes with the anathomy or anything. The poses are pretty basic, however, so you could try to draw it from more exciting angle. I can see that you have also shaded it quite well, placing the light source to its back. You could still try to make the lights and shades more dark and light, right now it's kinda difficult to see them.

The arms of the Pokemon trainer are disturbing me a bit. The part of the arm between elbow and shoulder should be about as long as the part between elbow and wrist, but in the picture the shoulder-elbow part is a little too long. Othervise it looks ok, so keep on practising! ^^

The arm picture looks great. I've also found drawing my own hands to be a good practise. Keep doing these and it gets easier to draw hands without any model as well~

Zadros

Burn
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Aus
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I think these are pretty nice. :) The Cyndaquils look good, there isn't any mistakes with the anathomy or anything. The poses are pretty basic, however, so you could try to draw it from more exciting angle. I can see that you have also shaded it quite well, placing the light source to its back. You could still try to make the lights and shades more dark and light, right now it's kinda difficult to see them.

The arms of the Pokemon trainer are disturbing me a bit. The part of the arm between elbow and shoulder should be about as long as the part between elbow and wrist, but in the picture the shoulder-elbow part is a little too long. Othervise it looks ok, so keep on practising! ^^

The arm picture looks great. I've also found drawing my own hands to be a good practise. Keep doing these and it gets easier to draw hands without any model as well~

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of trying another, and shading the fire differently so it looks more realistic. Exciting angle sounds fun.

Yea, the trainer isn't very good. That's what I get for drawing by glowstick light XD

The arm is the most recent, I did it only a few weeks ago. I have some trouble drawing without models or something like that, so 'm doing some more practice.

Thanks again! =)

Back