• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sky Theme?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Reshiram - It blows flames that completely burn its surroundings. It is said that its heat moves Earth's atmosphere.
    Zekrom - It has been passed down that it creates electricity using the generator in its body, flying around the skies of the Isshu region and hiding itself in thunderclouds.

^These are the Poke Dex entries for Zekrom and Reshiram. Looks like we have a Sky Theme now. I see nothing Yin-Yang about these. What are your opinions about this?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    They're just trying to make them sound cooler than they actually are by saying they cause natural occurences. Maybe they are found in the sky, but it's hardly a theme.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Reshiram - It blows flames that completely burn its surroundings. It is said that its heat moves Earth's atmosphere.

Reshiram uses a natural flame which moves the atmosphere

Zekrom - It has been passed down that it creates electricity using the generator in its body, flying around the skies of the Isshu region and hiding itself in thunderclouds.

Zekrom uses a generator (rather well known for being man made).

I'm still seeing an Industrial vs Natural theme, if only somewhat.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    Reshiram uses a natural flame which moves the atmosphere

Zekrom uses a generator (rather well known for being man made).

I'm still seeing an Industrial vs Natural theme, if only somewhat.

my thoughts exactly

each game is a different universe where things had gone differently

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Reshiram= Atmosphere
    Zekrom= Clouds

I see nothing besides color about Yin Yang.

Without Fire you wouldn't have electricity. Without Electricity you wouldn't have Fire. Without light you wouldn't have darkness. Without darkness you wouldn't have light. Without Atmosphere you wouldn't have clouds etc.,

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    Without Fire you wouldn't have electricity. Without Electricity you wouldn't have Fire. Without light you wouldn't have darkness. Without darkness you wouldn't have light. Without Atmosphere you wouldn't have clouds etc.,

Sky Theme?

this is kinda crappy bit it does the job

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I prefer to stick with the TinTang Nature vs Manmade theme, thank you very much.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No it isn't. Neither Pokemon is good or evil so it has nothing to do with Yin Yang.

Ermm, Yin Yang doesn't necessarily mean good and evil. They represent opposing forces, i.e. Nature vs Industrial.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Man don't spam caps it's annoying. And in the West Yin Yang has something to do with Good and Evil.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This is 100% true, you have to balance things out, whenever there is a t-storm the atmosphere heats up and becomes unstable...and electricity is believed to have given birth to the first natural fires on Earth...

Man don't spam caps it's annoying. And in the West Yin Yang has something to do with Good and Evil.
    Well the creators of the games are Japanese...so they will use their belief in Yin and Yang...

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It may just be a Yin-Yang/ Sky Theme mix then. Hoenn had mythical creatures and weather ( though I'm sure that mens nothing)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It may just be a Yin-Yang/ Sky Theme mix then. Hoenn had mythical creatures and weather ( though I'm sure that mens nothing)
    They did :), it probably is a mix of those and maybe some other things we might not know about...
    Though the creature's they were based one were the one's who rule over the land,sea and sky respectively to RSE... so it would make sense for them to add the weather for them to expand their domains ;)
    Two more sky pokemon...First was Ho-Oh then the Ruler of the Sky Rayquaza an now these two...

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years

There are two things wrong with this. Electricity would exist without fire as there is not always fire when lightening strikes. And same goes for light because darkness is the absence light. But I understand what you're getting at.

DemonicDee

PokéDevil
    Years
    By Yin Yang do you mean they don't seem to be opposites? They may not be opposites but there could always be a third Pokemon we don't know about yet. Don't they release the Pokemon games in Threes usually? The Third usually containing a new legendary.
    -Dee

Back