• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skyrolab Agencies (RECRUITING)

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    INTRODUCTION
    Hey! My name is HAXOFREAK! Some of you might know me as I am a scripter for quite a few teams now! Anyways, after having firsthand experience on hacking, me and my brother(C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f) decided:-
    "Why dont we start our own hacking team?"
    So we started and after about two-three weeks on working on it, we did gain reasonable progress! But due to lack of time and other projects, we decided that it will take a long time if the project was undertaken alone!
    So we decided to ask for a helping hand! Our aim is to create a thoroughly enjoyable hack with Eye-Catching Graphics, Innovative Tiles, A Great Title Screen, Great Scripts and Most Importantly A GREAT STORYLINE! We have already finished part of the Title Screen, the player's house and Mapped the First Town(the Tilesets have not been perfected yet) and Half of Route 1!
    So, I know it's generic but "Let's make the BEST HACK THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!!"

CURRENT PROJECTS
    POKEMON RYTRA QUEST:-
    BASE ROM: FIRE RED
    The story of a boy, living in the Rytra Region who due to the pure evil of some humans gets pulled into the world of Pokemon and Adventure!

Pokemon Lost Legacy(Work will start after Rytra Quest):
    Base Rom: Undecided
    The history of Pokemon goes right back to the Ice Age... Then mysteriously all the Pokemon disappeared... Some say a meteor struck the planet. Some say due to natural disaster, calamity, volcano the Possibilities are endless.....
    Scientists have now discovered human remains dating back to that time........ They say Pokemon and humans lived in harmony even back in the ice age...... A young boy from the town of Rinjoh has a peculiar syndrome... He gets deja vu when he sees anything which was formed millions of years ago... This is the story of that boy what happens to him.....

CURRENT MEMBERS
    Haxofreak: Team leader, Scripter and Basic mapper.
    Creampuff: Co leader, graphics editor, Mapper, Tiler.
    drarixio: Mapper, story creator
    Unforgiven*: Scripter
    niven: Scripter

NEW FEATURES
    *The New Region of Rytra to explore!
    *All new tiles made from scratch along with some 4th GEN ones.
    *All pokémon obtainable, Sinnoh pokémon along with some Unova pokémon and Fakémon included!
    *Some innovative new scripts like Rock Climb and Sliding!
    *New characters and setting.
    *A brand new storyline!
    *And many more!

Hacktools Used
    *XSE Extreme Script Editor 1.1.1
    *Advance Map 1.92,1.95
    *UnlzGba
    *NSE 2.0
    *GIMP 2.6
    *Start Map Chooser Advance(SMCA)
    *Advanced Pallet Editor(APE)
    *Yet Another Pokemon Editor(YAPE)
    io*NTME
    *NSE
    *Irfan View
    *A-Text
    And a few more which I forgot to mention!

PLOT
    Rytra Quest:You are just a normal 13 year old kid(as normal as it gets living with a mom who's a Pokémon Professor!)
    You just love Pokémon Battles, and love all programs pertaining to the Elite 4 and Champions!
    So you wake up one day...sorry, on THE day when you finally graduate from the Geugh Poké Academy! This means you are legally capable of using pokémon!
    You and your friend rush off to the academy which is in the Geugh village across the unnamed river(name yet to be decided)which splits Rytra into two halves!
    In school, you learn some basic trainer skills when an explosion scares everyone! You and your friend(quite the brave type! ) rush to find out what it is! You find mysterious men dressed in black, you try to stop them but you are overpowered... They kidnap you and you escape by taking their pokemon and fighting your way out..... The adventure begins....

JOB DETAILS
    Well, basically we are going to have several different kinds of jobs!I'll list them along with the number of personnel and a short description of the job!

SCRIPTER (2 or 3): Scripting is said to be the bread and butter of hacks! Without good scripts, the hack becomes boring as it looks similar to the old game! To learn scripting, you need a lot of patience but once you do, it really pays off! Preferred Tool(s): XSE 1.1.1

Mapper (3-5) Mapping is the second most important thing in hacks! Without good maps the game is really boring! Mapping is an easy job to do but thinking of map designs can be challenging! Preferred tool(s): Advance Map 1.92(it is more bug free than ver. 1.95!)
    Tile inserter (2 or 3) Tiling plays an vital part in the overall appeal of the hack! It separates the hack from the original nintendo games. Tiling can be a challenging job but watching a perfected tile is really pleasing!
    Preferred tool(s):Advance Map 1.92

Spriter (4) Spriting is one of the most challenging jobs in hacks! For once you need more than one program to create a perfect sprite! But it is gives you a lot of job satisfaction as a perfected sprite brings a sense of accomplishment!
    Preferred tool(s): NSE, GIMP, IRFAN VIEW, APE....

Beta Testers (1 or 2):These are the guys who literally comb the game from top to bottom for bugs! Do not take the job lightly!

Storyline developers (any number) Help with the storyline is always welcome! P.M me your suggestions(don't post it, it would be a spoiler!)and if its good, i'll add you in the credits!

Anything else I forgot to mention..... just ask!

APPLICATION FORM
    Well, to separate the experienced hackers from newbies, I've had an idea! (Don't worry! I'll accept almost anyone!This is just to know how experienced you are!)
    We are going to have a question for every job you apply for(if you cant answer them its all right!)
    PM me the answer if you know it...(if you post it you know what will happen :D )
    Scripter: What is the decimal value of 0xDEAF?
    Mapper: What is the function of movement permission 4?
    Spriter: How many colours are the sprites composed of?
    Now the application form....

What position(s) are you applying for?:
    Which name do you want in the credits?:
    What is your time zone\country?:
    Your Proof of work(optional):
    Experience(optional):
    Preferred form of contact(PM, VM, Skype,Yahoo,GTalk etc):
    How much time can you dedicate(coming online now and then is enough):
    Why do you want to join this team(optional):

NOTICES
    We now have our own chatbox!
    The link is:https://xat.com/chat/room/155331581/
    We also have our very first banner!!!

CREDITS
    Drarixio: For being the first one to join the team.
    C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f: For being a good brother and a great helper.
    OminiousMix: For being a good friend.
    Unforgiven*: For being a good friend too.
    DestinedJagold: For being a great source of inspiration and making the unbeatable RubyDestiny...
    Zel: Again, for being a source of inspiration and creating my favorite hack:ShinyGold
    Girdialkia: For accepting this thread ^_^
    LU-HO: For creating the best mapping tool in the world.....
    HackMew: For giving a boon to scripters: XSE
    LoadingNOW: Creator of UNLZ GBA
    Link12552: Creator of NSE
    And anyone else who helped this hack!!! Thank you very much...

CURRENT BETA
    We currently have BETA 0.X of our hack the link is
    https://www.mediafire.com/?t8rylnpl8p7kep8

Last edited:

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    What position(s) are you applying for?: Mapper, story creator (13 year old author! Still writing my book though.)
    Which name do you want in the credits?: Drarixio.
    What is your time zone\country?: ....Not sure but when typing this it's 10PM. I live in Sri Lanka (even though I'm a Brit).
    Your Proof of work(optional): I'll show it later, if you need it.
    Experience(optional): "4" in Advance Map is Surf spots, happy now?
    Preferred form of contact(PM, VM, Skype,Yahoo,GTalk etc): PM, though Gmail will be best (if possible).
    How much time can you dedicate(coming online now and then is enough): Not sure now that I'm going to 9th grade and I got GSCE exams in about a year. But I'll definitely be online on weekends and weekday nights for about 1 1/2 hours.
    Why do you want to join this team(optional): I dunno. Maybe to learn a bit more about hacking, maybe cause I was bored, maybe cause I found a place I can do something. But can you help me with my hack too? It's still in Beta v0.000001 (seriously, I need a good team).

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Nice! You're in.... :D
    I live in India so the time zone oughn't be a problem.
    And sure i'll help you're hack if you need a scripter....

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    Time difference from SL to India is about 20 mins last time I checked. Can I also have the tileset numbers for Smallcove town (Advance Map)?

Last edited:

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
    Years
    What position(s) are you applying for?:SCRIPTER!
    Which name do you want in the credits?:Wilfred TS or UnForgiven
    What is your time zone\country?: GMT+ 8:00 (GreenWich Mean Time + eight o'clock) :D
    Your Proof of work(optional):Uhmmm if you have given me an Assignment tired of Copy Pasting my Proof of Work :D
    Experience(optional):Many Teams :D
    Preferred form of contact(PM, VM, Skype,Yahoo,GTalk etc):PM VM SKYPE FACEBOOK
    How much time can you dedicate(coming online now and then is enough):2-4Hrs.
    Why do you want to join this team(optional):I just wanna Help this team and to improve my Scripting Skills.....

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Unforgiven, you are ACCEPTED!
    well, we'll let Draixio finish with the maps, meanwhile i'll try to think of some scripts which you can make.....

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    A few screenies of progress.
    PS: If you're thinking we are inactive, you're wrong; we're just having work done privately, that's all.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    wo0o0o0ow But i have mapped SmallCove Town... :(

What the hell? I mapped Smallcove before you applied to join. I finished mapping it at around 7 on September 4th. Anyway, you're supposed to script, not map. -_-'

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    Hey guys, stop arguing...
    BTW I have made a banner for the team... :D
    Hope
    you guys like it...

He started it, but I'll stop...
    I'll make that banner better. Just watch me! Though you animate it, I'm too lazy to make the ball spin.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
    Years
    He started it, but I'll stop...
    I'll make that banner better. Just watch me! Though you animate it, I'm too lazy to make the ball spin.

You Mapped it before i join right??Is that the IPS that Creampuff send me??
    But the Map is too empty so i edited it and Forgot to Send the IPS....
    tbh i dont like the Map you made :D Peace

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    You Mapped it before i join right??Is that the IPS that Creampuff send
    me??
    But the Map is too empty so i edited it and Forgot to Send the
    IPS....
    tbh i dont like the Map you made :D
    Peace

It was empty for a reason. Haxofreak or Creampuff was supposed to add a mountain to it because I couldn't find the right mountain tiles.
    And why don't you just stick to the job you applied for? You script and I map.
    Plus, learn your grammar.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Guys, this is just a slight misunderstanding...
    No use fighting over such a silly matter, It was my fault that i didn't tell unforgiven about the mountain...
    Anyways, we've had an idea of a cool new script in which we jump across the river.
    And i have almost perfected Route I
    BTW Unforgiven, send a copy of the map you made so that i get some more ideas (the old map is a bit too plain)
    BTW2 I've made another banner though this time it is not so good...

to add it in your Siggy, the picture link is https://i51.tinypic.com/200tzjt.gif

-----NEXT POST-----
    Geugh Village(the next town)'s map is finished! Here:

@drarixio : If you feel the map lacks something, PM me.

Last edited:

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    Guys, we have another map, this time of Route II made by our great and clever Creampuff!
    Message from Creampuff:
    Drarixio, if you think this map lacks something, PM me.
    I'll try to release Beta 0.5 by today, in about 2 hrs....:D

Last edited:

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    --------NEXT POST-----------
    Sorry about the delay, my Internet was down.......
    Anyways I've released the latest version of the game even though it has no significance.........
    It's just for the records.
    The beta will be "Playable" until the next town GEUGH VILLAGE, it ends after the script in which the player dashes all the way to GEUGH VILLAGE(It's my favorite script)........
    Only accomplishments are four completely new maps(even though there is nothing in Geugh Village and Route II) A lot of new text boxes(courtesy of C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f)
    Quite a few new scripts.
    That's it......
    The professor lab is unchanged(i didn't have any idea of what to put there)
    And there are a few bugs regarding map connections.......
    If you find any other bugs just tell me.....(ignore the first script, i was joking around especially about the best champion)
    Credits to C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f, Drairixio and Unforgiven* for the help.......
    We're planning to release the REAL beta 1 by next week........

-EDIT-
    The third script in which the Rival greets you for the first time is bugged......
    The game crashes if you say no.......
    I'll fix that 2morrow, i gotta go now....

Back