• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Slave!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    i hate to say it but the slave shall be my starter. sorry totadile. he also wont be with me unless absolutely necessary

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I plan on spreading the HM's through out my team.
    This way everyone is useful and no wasted slots (:

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm gonna have a Furret named Janet as my HM slave. If you use the term "slave" loosely. I might actually count Janet as part of my battling team. As for Fly and Waterfall, I'll have my Vaporeon, Athena, learn Waterfall and Surf (she'll mostly use Surf as to her lack in good attack) and I'll teach Fly to my Pidgeot, Pierce.

i hate to say it but the slave shall be my starter. sorry totadile. he also wont be with me unless absolutely necessary

Holy Cyndaquil! Did you just say what I thought you said?! That poor Totodile! :'(

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    I'll only have an HM slave or two at the beginning of the game, when I haven't fully constructed my team of six. I'll mostly likely use Furret or something for Cut or Rock Smash and all that, since those are some absolutely weak and useless moves, while my Slowking will know Surf and Skarmory will know Fly, since those are some all-around powerful moves.

omgomgomgomg i cant wait to get it omg

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Lately I've been using a Mew as a slave but I don't really wanna transfer it to my HG when I get it plus my HG first run through team will be full so no slaves until I start on challenges then I'll have some. Probably try find a spare Mew for use =)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I'll probably use bidoof or something of the like. I just wish that your character could just learn to swim, get a little stronger so they could push stuff and climb, and just find a simple flashlight amidst all that high-tech junk that never gets used.

Yeah, seriously...

Oh well. My water-type (which will probably be Azumarril again) will probobly have Surf and Waterfall, and Whirlpool...
    My Bird will have Fly..

Lawnmowergirl

Super Nerd
    Years
    ...I honestly never have HM Slaves, since I figure that if I have a Pokemon in my team, I may as well train it for real...But I might have a temporary HM slave for a while towards the beginning of the game if I don't yet have a Pokemon in my actual team that can learn Cut, or something like that.

NatureKeeper

You could breed Tododile, so you can have one that knows HMs and the other can have good moves. See if you can reset your game until you get a female Tododile, so you won't need to breed Totodile with Ditto.

I'll probably use Furret to help me with HM moves.
    Furret: Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Whirlpool.
    Bird: Fly.
    Seaking: Waterfall/Surf.

I don't like calling my Pokemon "slaves." It's degrading. I prefer the term "assistants."

I call them HM Guys.

I don't think I'll need any, since my planned Pokémon can already learn them. Maybe Furret if the push comes to shove.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I'm probably going to have Pokémon on my main team learn HM moves that are pretty decent. If I can be bothered I'll get a physical Blastoise and a special Nidoqueen so one will get surf and the other will get waterfall. As for the others if I can't be bothered to find a slave in that game I'll trade over my good ol' Bibarel and Golbat. :P

Back