• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    SL's Art Thread

Welcome to my art thread~ It's been redesigned so it's not a complete headache to look at, yay! =D

Fakemon

Spoiler:

Fakedex/PokéVers

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Thanks, Limey-chan! =3 You're about to see maor because I have some Skitty drawings. ^^​

This one was done using Corel Painter Essentials. I enhanced the lines and, for the color, I used the water color brush.
    Spoiler:

This one was also done using Corel with its lines enhances, only I used a thin paint brush to color this. I can't remember what it was called, but it might've been Thin Camel. XD

Spoiler:

Alec_

Years
    Skitty is super cute in that pictures >3. I usually like the 1st picture ^^. But the 2nd picture looks different? But it's really good i love it. Goodjob!

~Fairytales.

Kezrek

Artifier
    Years
    For some reason, I can't see any of your art... I click on the 'show spoiler' button but nothing comes up but text...

Maybe I should try using a different browser or something... Hrm o_o

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
    I like that last once you posted, its quite nice. I must say, not to be mean that I have seen better but your not doing bad and as they say "practice makes perfect" if there is any "perfect" in drawing.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    For some reason, I can't see any of your art... I click on the 'show spoiler' button but nothing comes up but text...

Maybe I should try using a different browser or something... Hrm o_o
    That sometimes happens to me. Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that, since I use PC's image server.

And thanks for the criticism -Raiken- (Tamaki! =3).​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I can see if I can put them on photobucket. I'll send you the link via VM when I'm finished.​

Kezrek

Artifier
    Years
    Awesome, thank you. =)

I looked through it, and I'll repeat what Raiken said, that practice makes perfect. You've got a long way to go art-wise. Even if it's just a hobby for you, I'd suggest looking at references from real life animals and humans and whatnot, if you want to improve. Regardless, it looks like you enjoy drawing, and that's really all that matters. ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The posts have been merged. Please watch out for my next project: How to Make a Manga Outline! And, yes, it will be merged into my first post. =P​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    NEW ART, a Manga Tutorial made by yours truly. This tutorial is for how to make a manga layout.

Firstly, get some loose-leaf paper and sketch out the panels. Then, sketch the picture in each panel, like so:
    Spoiler:

Afterwards, get printer paper and a ruler. Draw carefully the lines of the boxes. Then draw out the pictures in the previous panel, giving them more detail and whatnot.
    Spoiler:

Scan it and upload it to a digital enhancer (unless you have an awesome scanner). Resize the image so it's manageable (perhaps 1000x1000 or something of the like). Then enhance the lines to make them darker and more prominent.
    Spoiler:

This next part isn't really as important, but now you can put the words in. Hopefully, you have planned them out so you don't get stumped. I used Comic Sans MS in size 11, but you can also use Time New Roman, Georgia, et cetera. Just don't make the font extravagant.
    Spoiler:

Now, you can fix up any lines you had to get rid of when resizing your speech boxes.
    Spoiler:

And then you can resize the picture, at about 600x800. When you're done, most lines will probably be fixed on their own. If not, fix them yourself.
    Spoiler:

In a bit, I'll show you the finished product of my manga strip (wrist hurts XDD).

Alec_

Years
    NEW ART, a Manga Tutorial made by yours truly. This tutorial is for how to make a manga layout.

Firstly, get some loose-leaf paper and sketch out the panels. Then, sketch the picture in each panel, like so:
    [Spoiler]
    SL's Art Thread
    [/Spoiler]

Afterwards, get printer paper and a ruler. Draw carefully the lines of the boxes. Then draw out the pictures in the previous panel, giving them more detail and whatnot.
    [Spoiler]
    SL's Art Thread
    [/Spoiler]

Scan it and upload it to a digital enhancer (unless you have an awesome scanner). Resize the image so it's manageable (perhaps 1000x1000 or something of the like). Then enhance the lines to make them darker and more prominent.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

This next part isn't really as important, but now you can put the words in. Hopefully, you have planned them out so you don't get stumped. I used Comic Sans MS in size 11, but you can also use Time New Roman, Georgia, et cetera. Just don't make the font extravagant.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Now, you can fix up any lines you had to get rid of when resizing your speech boxes.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And then you can resize the picture, at about 600x800. When you're done, most lines will probably be fixed on their own. If not, fix them yourself.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

In a bit, I'll show you the finished product of my manga strip (wrist hurts XDD).
    This is awesome ShinjisLover. Good-work :3. Im gonna try this tomorrow :3. Thanks for the tutorial. It's pretty good.

~Fairytales.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    They look very nice, some of them are very simple, but they are good nevertheless.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Been a while since I update this thread. Here is a pre-evolved form of Kentaurosu/Tauros that I made for a random Fake Pokémon Card. His name is Kentauro. He's quite the cutie. <3

SL's Art Thread

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Been a while since I update this thread. Here is a pre-evolved form of Kentaurosu/Tauros that I made for a random Fake Pokémon Card. His name is Kentauro. He's quite the cutie. <3

SL's Art Thread

The hooves are really blocky, and I'm not sure if it's the brushes you used but the colours look kind of grainy and flat, also try making it a bit less like a chibified tauros and then it should be a bit better.

Back