• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Story: High School Teen Survives Jump From Golden Gate Bridge

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
  • Just something I heard on the radio in the car early this morning.

A high school class was on a field trip and someone in the class jumped from the bridge and survived with only bruising. A nearby surfer rescued the teen, and when asked why he jumped, the teen's reply was "For kicks." Some theories say it was a dare from fellow classmates.

Now, I haven't had much chance to do research on this story, so I'm not sure on other details.

Seems kind of stupid. What kind of friends would dare someone to do something like that? Do you know how many people don't survive jumps like that?

Alright, this link is the story from New York Daily News.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • a friend of mine slipped from a bridge just outside our school two years ago.
    there were so many rumors, it's hard to split hairs and realize who's lying and what's the truth

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You'd be surprised in how powerful dares can be. I'm reading a book entitled 'the social lives of children' and these high schoolers were having a party on a bridge and were jumping off it into the river, they never got hurt. One of the students got a little cocky and decided to go higher on the bridge. Apparently when he had looked down again, he didn't want to jump as he realised it was too high. However, he didn't want to disappoint the group he was with, who were now egging him on. He jumped and died.

Guest123_x1

This incident sounds like something a inductee into a college/university fraternity or sorority would do, only this incident was a random act of stupidity. Sounds similar to the WMYD/WTVS/WWJ-TV tower incident I posted about, except that incident was fatal.

Back