• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smeargle, Sketch, and OHKO Moves

Gllen Nadis

The Void
    Years
    Hey, quick question, are there any Pokemon you can encounter in Leaf Green which use any of the One Hit Knock Out Moves? You know, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine, and possibly a few others... If so, would it be possible to Sketch these moves with Smeargle?

Thanks for the assistance.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Seaking uses Horn Drill.
    Dewgong uses Sheer Cold.
    Kingler pulls Guill-o-Tine.

But I don't know why you'd want OHKO moves since they're stupid and pointless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    It's a bit cheap to use OHKOs.
    If I were you, I would use a Belly Passer Smeargle.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    smeargle doesn't have enough speed. that siimple.

only way it can outspeed things is if you give it choice scarf, and even then, it can only use one suggested move per appearance.

metroid fan

Portable builder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I personally use a smeargle that has substitute, spore, lock on, and sheer cold. See how that works? I personally like it for the wifi battle tower rooms.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I personally use a smeargle that has substitute, spore, lock on, and sheer cold. See how that works? I personally like it for the wifi battle tower rooms.

That set has just got 'fail' written all over it. Intelligent opponents will switch out as soon as you use Lock On and anything with Substitute or Protect can just plain negate the OHKO since it requires a turn of charge-up, and let's not even get me strated about the sturdies. Anything that requires you to spend one turn solely on charging is doomed to failure. :\

Functioning Smeargle sets are;

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Extremespeed
    Endeavor
    Spore
    Endure

Endures an attack to trigger the Salac, after which you put the current opponent to sleep with Spore and Endeavor away. Technically it has a one-KO minimum against anything that isn't a STAlker since sleeping opponents will have to be switched out, meaning a free hit with Endeavor which will be followed by Extremespeed.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Spore
    Ingrain
    Baton Pass
    Substitute

Only for Baton Pass teams, Ingrain prevents phazing (Roar and Whirlwind) and provides constant HP recovery for the pokémon. True BP teams turn the switching restriction into a non-issue since all pokémon on the team have Baton Pass (Meaning, in effect, free switches anyway).

And finally;

Smeargle @ Salac Berry/Leftovers
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Satk)
    Belly Drum
    Spore
    Baton Pass
    Substitute/Extremespeed

There's also the Imprison/trap/transform edition, but that one doesn't really work in practice.

Last edited:

metroid fan

Portable builder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    Not in the battle tower wifi rooms they never switch out and then I win soooo... I don't use it for competitive battling that's just stupid. XD

Back