• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Snowrunt dies in Evoloution

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Imagine this your running down route 1 beating up pidgeys for no reason other than the fact your bored when you come along a Dawn Stone, you pick it up give it to your female snorunt and BOOM instant Froslass....but is it that simple?

I have a theory that when Snorunt evolves into Froslass you are in fact killing it, don't believe me? Well think about this...

Froslass is a Ice/Ghost type where Snorunt is a pure ice type, and ghosts are dead aren't they?

Still not enough? Well lets look at Snorunt pokedex entry "Snorunt survives by eating only snow and ice. Old folklore claims that a house visited by this Pokémon is sure to prosper for many generations to come."

Now with the knowledge that Snorunt survives off of snow and ice lets talk about the dawn stone, while none of the descriptions directly state that it's burning hot the descriptions do state it sparkles like eyes, which in turn could be the heat inside making it sparkle.

So with this knowledge one could infer that when you expose Snorunt which has to live off of ice and snow, to a Dawn Stone it burns from the heat inside the stone, dies and evolves into the Ghost/Ice type Frosslass.

Years
    Well technically, evolution happens over many generations, so things do need to die in order for a species to evolve.

Pokemonly speaking, I think ghost is just a type, not really necessarily a death.

Years
    I've never considered Ghost type Pokemon to necessarily be ghosts in the sense that we normally think of them, as many of those Pokemon don't seem to fit the bill (Frillish/Jellicent, Golett/Golurk, Honedge family, etc.). While some do seem to be the more traditional type of ghosts, I see the type as a whole to be more paranormal than anything.

As far as Froslass is concerned, even Ghost Pokemon aren't really dead- they just possess the spirits of those who are. I'd like to think that the Dawn Stone just gives her that ability, rather than killing her prevolution, and bringing her back to life as she evolves.

Back