• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, apparently American Nintendo/GameFreak's new trend...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
... is to name their regions by taking a car model name and sticking a vowel in front of it. Witness...

"uNOVA" (Chevy Nova).

Well, with this in mind, may I suggest some names for the sixth generation regions:

"eLESABRE" (should be obvious)
"iCENTURY" (Buick Century)
"aTAURUS" (Ford Taurus)
"uCAMRY" (Toyota Camry)
"oCIVIC" (Honda Civic)
"eSIERRA" (GMC Sierra)
"aCHARGER" (Dodge Charger)
"iSONATA" (Hyundai Sonata)
"aJETTA" (Volkswagen Jetta)
"oGRANDMARQUIS" (Mercury Grand Marquis)
or, one of my personal favorites:
"uNINETYEIGHTREGENCYBROUGHAM" (Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Brougham)

Not sure how ones like Accord and E-320 would work since they already start with a vowel...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ok, that's sorta being exaggerated. Unova is taken from the Latin roots Uni and Nova. Much very original considering what Isshu/Unova is supposed to be.

Nova by itself could be a very common name for anything. This claim is just ridiculous.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
You forgot ePRIUS and iSMARTCAR :< And oSCION (since Scion model names aren't exactly words, it seems), for that matter :B

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
>___> ..... That's very funny, Zet.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
AdvancedK47;bt50537 said:
Ok, that's sorta being exaggerated. Unova is taken from the Latin roots Uni and Nova. Much very original considering what Isshu/Unova is supposed to be.

Nova by itself could be a very common name for anything. This claim is just ridiculous.
I figured as such, but as a car guy I had to point that out (as well as come up with some truly bizarre region names xD)

Roswell;bt50538 said:
You forgot ePRIUS and iSMARTCAR :< And oSCION (since Scion model names aren't exactly words, it seems), for that matter :B
Nintendo has decided to hold off on using the names of "green" vehicles until they release another game whose name relates to the color green.

Zet;bt50548 said:
This just in, Apple sues Nintendo over the use of lowercase i and then uppercase letters for the region "iCENTURY"
Lol, once the major automakers settle their lawsuits against Nintendo, Apple can claim whatever may be left of the company.

Back