• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So apparently gay people don't exist according to this right-wing nut

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
Years
  • There is not evidence of why individuals find themselves to be gay, however it does not mean that they do not exist in the first place.

People that don't believe such people exist, are possibly afraid of them in general, among many other possible reasons.

One word: Intolerance

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • I.... I don't exist?

Anyway, it's things like this that make my head hot and my hands shaky. I mean, if LGBT people don't exist, then how would people like Ellen DeGeneres be here? I see that this example has been used too many times, but overall Linda Harvey is just an insane person. This isn't the first time I've heard something like this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    [SIZE="a"]Ok so the next time I see a gay person, ill put my fingers in my ears, my hands over my eyes and yell "LALALA YOUR GAY SO YOU DONT EXIST"[/SIZE]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • ...It would appear that the woman is not trying to claim that LGBT people don't exist, but that it is a lifestyle, not some sort of "type of human". To be honest, I find the notion that being LGBT is a lifestyle far less offensive than the notion that LGBT people are some alternate creature within the homosapien species.

Perhaps her wording was less than ideal for the concept she was trying to get across?

Regardless... Even if her concept was worded well it would still be kind of ...flawed, though a lot less offensive.

I don't know what's less believable though, the fact that there are people like the woman quoted making arguments this obviously flawed or the fact that this supposedly warrants an in-depth discussion. I mean honestly! Are we really surprised by this? Haven't we demonized the right wing enough by kicking a horse that should idealistically be dead at this point that this sort of thing should come to no surprise to anyone by now? <___>

Oh wait... This is the demonizing at work. My bad.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    ...It would appear that the woman is not trying to claim that LGBT people don't exist, but that it is a lifestyle, not some sort of "type of human". To be honest, I find the notion that being LGBT is a lifestyle far less offensive than the notion that LGBT people are some alternate creature within the homosapien species.

Perhaps her wording was less than ideal for the concept she was trying to get across?

Regardless... Even if her concept was worded well it would still be kind of ...flawed, though a lot less offensive.

I don't know what's less believable though, the fact that there are people like the woman quoted making arguments this obviously flawed or the fact that this supposedly warrants an in-depth discussion. I mean honestly! Are we really surprised by this? Haven't we demonized the right wing enough by kicking a horse that should idealistically be dead at this point that this sort of thing should come to no surprise to anyone by now? <___>

Oh wait... This is the demonizing at work. My bad.

I don't agree with the point she's making, but I do think her words were misinterpreted. I don't think even the most homophobic people can deny that LGBT people actually exist.

I do; however, think that this thread is extremely biased and doesn't create an intelligent conversation. It just stereotypes and attacks people with conservative views.

Years
  • I do; however, think that this thread is extremely biased and doesn't create an intelligent conversation. It just stereotypes and attacks people with conservative views.

This woman is a conservative, and a raging lunatic homophobe. The attacks here are centered at her asinine comments, not conservatives in general, nobody has said anything like that. So don't attempt to play that card here.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I don't agree with the point she's making, but I do think her words were misinterpreted. I don't think even the most homophobic people can deny that LGBT people actually exist.

I do; however, think that this thread is extremely biased and doesn't create an intelligent conversation. It just stereotypes and attacks people with conservative views.

Yeah... at the very least her opinion is flawed in that she's pointing out a fact that is irrelevant to the final conclusion. Basically her argument seems to be "Dude, your argument is poorly phrased!" in which she proceeds to not only promptly stick her foot in her mouth but fail to provide an actual counterargument.

The internet is also generally a pretty liberal place. I can't say exactly why, but I do have a couple of theories. Every time some conservative sticks their foot in their mouth, you'll find outrage and implied attacks on the conservative belief system using said foot in mouth comment as a stepping stone for propaganda. Regardless, it seems to me that the original article did what news articles are very prone to doing, taking something and twisting it to make a good news story. That or they're a liberal newspaper. I mean, it wouldn't make a very good story if they didn't fly off the handle and assume the worst of her statement, now would it?

"Two people make poorly worded arguments; clarification soothes situation"

Yeah...

Back