• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Bao

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    definitely soulsilver since i got the original silver and i prefer lugia over ho-oh

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Heart Gold. I like Ho-Oh much better than Lugia.
    Gold was also the one I bought first when Gold and Silver came out. I liked buying the under dog version. :P

Years
  • hmm. I got Gold and Silver for Christmas. :D That was so long ago..I don't know which to choose. I liked the Silver sprites better than the Gold one. lol. I may get both HG and SS. idk Or maybe I'll get SS?

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I'll be getting SoulSilver as a pre-order as soon as I can, because Silver was my first second generation game way back when. I might get HeartGold later on, like I did with Pearl after Diamond, but we'll see.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • I'm getting heart gold because Ho-oh is under appreciated, MINORITIES FTW! Seriously both games got more votes than heart gold, that's just..........dang, is Ho-oh really that bad people?

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • well im getting heart gold because i haven't even played the first gold plus ho-oh is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Kai13

Portuguese Pokémon Player
    Years
  • Silver was my option some years ago, Silver will be my option this time too. I still remember when I was in the kindergarden, almost all my friends bought gold, I bought silver thinking I'd be the only one (I ended up not being the only one, though).

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • It's odd that nobody has an overwhelming urge to "try something new" so to speak.

My observation is that the most common reason given is that Silver or Gold was the 2nd gen game they got originally.

Years
  • My observation is that the most common reason given is that Silver or Gold was the 2nd gen game they got originally.

Maybe...... but a lot of people like Soul Silver better because they like Lugia more than Ho-oh (which includes me!). That's probably why they bought Silver in the first place.

Anyways, I bought both last time, and I'm buying both this time! The first time was because I knew there would be version exlcusives. However, this time, between D/P/Pt and the GBA games, you can all the pokemon without needing both HG and SS. The reason I'm getting both this time is because 1.)I like how trading Groudon/Kyogre to the other game makes Rayquaza show up (so cool!) 2.)Together, I'll no longer need to mess with GBA games so much and 3.)Having two means I can restart one as much as I want and still have a "main file".

And besides, I've always bought both, anyway. I'd feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle if I didn't buy both!

I still have all the main games, BTW. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with them, though, because they get stored away for years and I forget where they are! :P I finally decided to keep the GBC games in my "Fire Red" box, and the GBA ones are in a pouch made for GBA games.

Ironically, the only one I ever lost was Silver <-----My favorite game =/ (but I bought a replacement, so it's okay)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2009
    I'll get both, play one through without cheating or anything, as one of the trainers. Then, hack the other one and play as the other trainer. I usually do that, haha!

Back