• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I found a copy of Pokemon Snap :o

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • Well. Today I went to the shops. I went to go check out a new gaming store. I looked around in it and I was shocked to find a retro isle. It had NES,SNES,Sega and N64

I found a copy of Pokémon Snap and bought it instantly. I was shocked to find a copy of Pokémon Snap in a brand new store. *I also picked up a Rumble Pak*

So I was wondering if i should know any special tips or anything about Pokémon Snap.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Throwing Pester Balls at some Pokemon make them do things. =D
    I remember when I nearly finished Pokemon Snap... I needed one more Pokemon and I had no idea what it was.
    Then I took some pictures of a Grimer and found a Muk, I was so happy... =D

ThunderThylacine

Finally! All 493 Pokemon!
    Years
  • Wow, old game. I barely remember it, but I played it to death back in the day. I remember you had to photograph some landscapes etc with hidden Pokemon shapes, like in the river level there was a mountain that looked like Dugtrio. And in the cave level there was a constellation you had to photograph to unlock something... Sorry that's not much help.
    It might not be a Pokemon game as we know it, but there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Yeah, awesome game. I remember that there were some landscapes that showed up as ? in the album. You need items to do things to those areas. That doesn't help much, does it?

Years
  • Haha, lucky. =P

I'm in the process of ordering an N64 off of Amazon. Yeah, I'm into nostalgia and the whole bit, so I'm buying one again. The first few games I planned on buying with it were Zelda: OoT and Majora's Mask, and the first and second Pokemon Stadium, but now after being reminded of it, Pokemon Snap will be on my list too.

I don't really have any tips, since I haven't played it in so long. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it again. xD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • If you need tips look them up on Google or something, I have never played Pokemon Snap before since I never really liked the look of it. I hope you enjoy it.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I've completed pokemon snap, Small tip, some things in certain stages open doors to new places E.g throwing an apple/pester balll at the electrode near the pile of rocks in the tunnel level.

Also this gamestore sounds great! what's it called?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Cool...But look on the website its only australia not UK :(

Ah well.

Anyway how far are you into poke snap?

*EDIT*

Happy birthday ;)

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • OMG!!!I just remembered I still have that game!~busts open the nintendo 64~
    My favorite level was the volcanic one were you can throw some apples to get all the little charmanders to come then you use the pokeflute to make them dance.
    so Apples=charmanders=pokeflute=beautiful picture

Buono!

Having a Neville week.
    Years
  • I remember this game! It's old. I almost beat it, but I couldn't find a way to hatch
    an egg on the second level... I think it was Zapdos... how do you do that?!?

Ain't it something to do with the Pikachus in there? I think you play the pokeflute to get them near the egg, then hit them with food or something, they'll shock the egg and it will hatch. Atleast, thats what I remember doing, but I could be wrong.

Years
  • Ain't it something to do with the Pikachus in there? I think you play the pokeflute to get them near the egg, then hit them with food or something, they'll shock the egg and it will hatch. Atleast, thats what I remember doing, but I could be wrong.
    You have the wrong order. You first use food to move Pikachu near the egg. Then you use the Pokéflute to get Pikachu to use thudershock on the egg.

IcyByte

Just Call Me Icy
    Years
  • Pokemon Snap..

Epic win? Or Epic Failure?

Personally, I think It's a really awesome concept.. It's fun, and it's different than the other games, but the one problem with it is that it's so short.. When I got it for Christmas at like age 7, I had it beat before lunch, lol..

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Epic win? Or Epic Failure?

Personally, I think It's a really awesome concept.. It's fun, and it's different than the other games, but the one problem with it is that it's so short.. When I got it for Christmas at like age 7, I had it beat before lunch, lol..

I think it is awesome :)

A DS or Wii version Would be cool.

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
    Years
  • This game was incredibly fun! I remember getting it for my 10th birthday and taking my cartridge thingy to blockbuster to print stuff. :[ I'm sad now, in some nostalgic way.

Sigh... How breath-taking it would be to see a completely new game, with new things, with a newly created male/female photographers to choose from (Created Mii optional?) it would be such a hit. The controls for the Wii would make this a really fun game, no doubt.

Back