• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I'm trying to settle an argument..

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    This girl I know is adamant that in the Japanese versions of Gold and Silver Pikachu were always female, I'm pretty sure that's wrong but can anyone confirm?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ehhh, I don't think that makes much sense. Just tell her that genders were introduced in gen 2 meaning there was a male and female pikachu..she's just crazy.

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    Haha yeah I think she was just shamed out because she got it proved to her that in the cartoon Pikachu was male, but she tried to say that was only in the dub. And all of this is coming from someone that says she has never watched the show or played the games..

Years
    In Gen II, the gender was based on IVs, and Pikachu was available in both genders.

The REAL question is what gender Pokemon yellow's Pikachu is when traded from Yellow to G/S/C.

Back