• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so... ruby, sapphire, and rald

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    alright, i've read up to the ending of the emerald saga so far, and i noticed something that caught my attention...

so far, Prof. Oak has described each dex holder to have a 'special ability':

• red - 'the battler'
    • green - 'the trainer'
    • blue - 'the evolver'
    • yellow - 'the healer'
    • gold - 'the hatcher'
    • silver - 'the trader' (... retardedness if you ask me)
    • crys - 'the catcher'
    and then we have THEM (ruby, saph, and emerald(sure there's also dia, platina, and pearl but i dunno too much about them))

anyways, how would you describe them, i say:

• ruby - 'the coordinator'
    • sapphire - the ranger' (works to a certain extent, relicanth and wailmer are in the wild, she likes nature)
    • emerald - 'the magic-sand-man' ??? o_O
    • the new guys - no clue

BTW does anybody know of a site where i can watch the pearld and diamond arc? since i can't buy the manga where i live :S

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hmm... I'd agree with Ruby being skilled at Contests, but I think Sapphire is more in tune with gym battles, which is a little more specific than Red's skill. Note that Sapphire's the only character to actually make a point of going around and challenging every Hoenn gym.

Emerald's skill is determining where a Pokémon originally came from.

As for the Sinnoh trio... I've only read the first chapter of their saga, but from other sources I think that Diamond's skill is understanding how a Pokémon feels and Pearl's is determining what move one will use next.

Apparently Platinum's skill is recognizing patterns and a vast general knowledge of Sinnoh and Pokémon. Seems to me they're running out of good ideas...

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I agree with Ruby being a coordinator, and Sapphire being a Ranger does fit her, since in the manga her description includes 'she wields a strong power over nature' or something like that. Emerald...Maybe the Namer? You know, the ability to name where a Pokemon came from. -shot for lame idea-

The Sinnoh Dex Holders resemble the legendary sprite trio-Mespirit, Azelf, and Uxie-like this: Dia-Mespirit, Emotion; Pearl-Uxie, Willpower; Platina-Azelf, Intelligence. Whether or not this could contribute to giving them a title I don't know.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    The Sinnoh Dex Holders resemble the legendary sprite trio-Mespirit, Azelf, and Uxie-like this: Dia-Mespirit, Emotion; Pearl-Uxie, Willpower; Platina-Azelf, Intelligence.

This sums them up nicely. Thanks for saying this, clover_bookcat.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    I agree with Ruby being a coordinator, and Sapphire being a Ranger does fit her, since in the manga her description includes 'she wields a strong power over nature' or something like that. Emerald...Maybe the Namer? You know, the ability to name where a Pokemon came from. -shot for lame idea-

The Sinnoh Dex Holders resemble the legendary sprite trio-Mespirit, Azelf, and Uxie-like this: Dia-Mespirit, Emotion; Pearl-Uxie, Willpower; Platina-Azelf, Intelligence. Whether or not this could contribute to giving them a title I don't know.

That makes so much sense OoO...

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Maybe Emerald should be the Calmer? Because he can calm pokemon.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    Diamond the Chef
    Pearl the Spirits
    Platina the Wise

These are suitable to the Sinnoh trio. Diamond can cook delicious foods and with his cooking, he cheered Platina (Volume 31) and Platina won the contest. Pearl, supposed to be a 'Trainer' but Green is already. Since he has the spirits of training Platina nicely, just name him as the 'spirit'. And Platina, the one who has many knowledge. Wise suit for her.

Most likely, Diamond is a lot of help to Ruby because he can make Pokeblocks or Poffins. And Pearl can be an assistant of Green's.

Back