• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So there will be no MMO aww

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Just a little bit of information I found about it bacicly, the only reason they wont make a Pokemon MMO is because they are worried about the young kids going online to play and what they may find. Im guessing thtas somthign to do with the chat or maybe they go to a wrong website.

Still seems like a stupid reason to not make one, there is ways to get around this, take the game Toontown, they had a strange chat system were you could only say certain words in a lost e.g. Hello, goodbye follow me. All that.

However they had a way you could type but it was complicated and safe. Personnally I feel doing that would kill the game, it needs to be a social game, why not just make it 12+ or somthing.

To be perfectly honest I doubt we will ever see one and that makes me sad.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    While the reason you stated may be one reason, it isn't the only reason. MMOs are incredibly expansive games that require a ton of manpower to put together and to keep running smoothly. I am currently playing Rift and due to all the bugs and modifications there have been 3 patches released within the last 2 days. An MMO just is not an easy game to make and to make well. It would likely suck up too many resources and the main DS games would never be back-burner material, but you can't make an MMO and then not have anyone maintaining it as a top priority. It just isn't feasible for Game Freak.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Interesting enough, there's kind of a discussion on this in the Pokemon Gaming Central board.

So, sorry, this obviously doesn't belong here.

*LLLLLickitung locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back