• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So, what if there were wild pokemon that actually matched your pokemon's levels?

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
  • E.g., higher level pokemon were attracted to you to higher your lead's level?
    What do you think? But they would have to be very difficult to catch, otherwise you could waste the E4 just by going and catching some strong pokemon matching the only pokemon you've used's level.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • Then you could just level up a single pokemon and wait for those pokemon and catch them. It would be cool if when you fought with a certian pokemon, the same pokemon with oppisite gender would start turning up in the wild grass.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • I would like to see a growth in the wild pokemon over time.

Like once you beat the 1st gym, all the lv 2 Pokemon go up by 5 levels.

Then, once you beat the champion, all the Pokemon across the region are all powered up to level 50 or so?

This idea isn't new, but it is something that I would like to see applied in the game. However, if it does happen. I doubt we will see any pokemon thats in its 3rd stage. It can be a level beyond the 3rd stage, but won't touch it.

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • I agree with Thunderhead, as you progress through the story old wild Pokemon become stronger. By the end of the game all Pokemon will be around the Victory Road level, 40s-60s.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
  • that'd be great.....
    i would get strong wild pokemon to battle and it would be obviously easier to train for gym leaders e4 etc....

Happitan108

Boldarini Tariner
    Years
  • Well the game would be more challenging indeed but to chatch that Wild PKM I think it would be best if you keep training your current pkm than try to find it again and chatch it...The real problem is when the Pokemon is Shiny :/ It would be difficult to chatch (unless they make a certain Pokemon for the case). But ofcousre theres always the Para and Sleep that can help you :D!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Add match-levelled Pokémon to the roulette and I'd be happy. But I'll only like it if it's by chance (i.e. you come across more closely-levelled Pokémon if your Pokémon is first in the party, but have a 75% chance of encountering fixed-level Pokémon) since otherwise, I'd probably get owned when I don't want to be. :P
    I like this idea, but they shouldn't be the same level as your leading Pokémon, just somewhat closer. Perhaps 5-10 levels behind.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Interesting idea...

As long as it's placed with care and doesn't make it all overpowered or underpowered, by the time you get to the Elite 4, their Pokemon might already be in the 70s or 80s. Maybe even 90s. :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I would be for it and against it. Its good training since I actually do train my pokemon fairly, but then it would be a challenge to take them down, and even more time consuming than usual

Years
  • I'd be for it and against it as well but for different reasons. For it would be because it'd be easier to train your Pokemon. But against it because Pokemon raise from a lower level are much more powerful than Pokemon you catch at higher levels. You get EV points while training that wild Pokemon do not have remember. So I think I would like it with a chance thing, where you have a 25% chance of encountering a Pokemon that's around the same level as your lead Pokemon.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I would be for it and against it. Its good training since I actually do train my pokemon fairly, but then it would be a challenge to take them down, and even more time consuming than usual

and require purchasing even more pokeballs. I almost went broke (well below 50,000 pokemon dollars) trying to buy more and more pokeballs to catch wild pokemon. 1,000 PD for most balls is too much money :P.

I love the idea of stronger pokemon. It gets hard to find a place to raise your higher leveled-pokemon after awhile for me.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I would like to see a growth in the wild pokemon over time.

Like once you beat the 1st gym, all the lv 2 Pokemon go up by 5 levels.

Then, once you beat the champion, all the Pokemon across the region are all powered up to level 50 or so?

This idea isn't new, but it is something that I would like to see applied in the game. However, if it does happen. I doubt we will see any pokemon thats in its 3rd stage. It can be a level beyond the 3rd stage, but won't touch it.

Err, that would make it extremely hard to level up Pokemon that just came from eggs, so I wouldn't like that Idea.
    But I do agree that they need to do something. Maybe just raise the levels of the wild pokemon by a little bit, simples. :P

Back