• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So what makes Garchomp an Uber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I was quite surprised when I heard this and I was just wondering why that was?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    High HP, Speed, Attack making it an excellent revenge killer. Excellent typing (only two weaknesses), double STAB on Outrage and Earthquake which hits almost everything for SE or neutral damage.

Plus its a hammerhead shark and a dragon wrapped in one, it doesn't get any deadlier than that :P

oh yeah and its Sand Veil ability makes it a little tougher to hit under a Sandstorm, although that has more to do with luck than anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Lol. No wonder I was dubed a Cheater for useing one in a Standard battle. So what is Wubaffet's reason?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Garchomp was brought up for testing by Smogon and was voted Uber multiple times on the grounds that its typing, stats and ability were too centralizing to the OU metagame. But because of Smogon's tier placement system, ol' Chompy still remains a contested pokemon that many players believe should still be in OU.

Anyway, this section is not for competitive battling discussion. Feel free to visit our Strategies and Movesets section if you have any other questions/comments. :D

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back