• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what's up with Ash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I think Arcanine is close to be a Legendary with its impressive stats, plus its Pokedex's description, but yeah, it isn't.

Moving on, speaking of Ash's skills, you could further talk about the disparity of the early days, as shown by the observation made by Dogasu in the episode "Hot Matches".

We actually see Satoshi do something that we've never really seen him do before--train a pokemon. Sure, he's been in tons of battles, but we've never really seen him pinpoint specific problems that he saw in his pokemon and worked to correct them. He knew that Hinoarashi couldn't get his flame going fast enough, so he worked on that. He realized that his pokemon wasn't very fast, so he worked on getting Hinoarashi to run faster. At the start of this episode, Hinoarashi is pretty weak. At the end of the episode, it's a lot stronger than it was and is comparable to his other pokemon.

Of course, Ash's done a better job since (Iron Tail, Volt Tackle), but it could make for funny speculation fodder. I guess.

And...James/Cacnea! Yeah!

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    *slaps forehead* Okay, let me explain this. What I meant was that even if I was trying to be the best writer in the world, I could still make grammar errors, correct? Well, by the same token, Ash can make stupid mistakes even if he's trying to be a Pokemon master. Touche.
    So let me get this straight you make a comment that has nothing to do with nothing and you expect us to tie what you said with Ash some how. If at the end of your comment you said just like how Ash will make mistakes then I would of never commented on it probably but you didn't so don't get mad if someone misconstrues what you say, okay?

Never said he was wrong for the two reasons he gave, just said he was wrong for acting like I was wrong for adding another valid choice which was they weren't trained well, course you took it in a bad way so you could do the whole sarcasm thing because if you took it in the way that any other person would then you couldn't of been a smart alack by being sarcastic.

Your grammar and phrasing is getting so convoluted that I can hardly understand you. Let me see if I've got this straight- you're saying that because I don't agree with you and think you are wrong then I cannot point out that you don't accept my viewpoint as being the correct one, even though I have some supporting evidence and yours is based on speculation? What evidence, you ask? Well, if Ash wins all those battles with basic Pokemon, they must be trained somehow, as it is completely impossible for anyone to be that lucky. Humanly impossible. And another thing, do you ever think about the fact that once again, the only time levels in the anime have been mentioned is in "The School of Hard Knocks"? For the rest of the anime, they pretty much don't matter- therefore, it doesn't matter what "level" they are at, and Ash is training them just fine, thank you. Now get off his back.
    Okay this time you really took it somewhere it shouldn't of gone. I simply said I agreed with the 2 reasons he gave but when I added another he acted like I was wrong even though it was valid.

As for my grammar and phrasing, well I am not trying to be an awesome writer so if it gets a bit convoluted ah well.

And I except all viewpoints, what don't you get about that?
    Ya I will say someone is wrong when they are but it doesn't mean I don't except your viewpoint. The point of a debate/discussion is to discuss something and give your viewpoints on the subject at hand but in a debate/discussion obviously some people will be wrong and other rightr and when others are right they point it out and so on. So why you getting mad at me for just countering people when there wrong, that is in part the point of a debate/discussion because if we all just 100% accepted what each other said as fact or whatever what be the point of having a debate/discussion.

As for Ash winning with what I like to point out you called basic Pokémon ya you can be that lucky when the show is about you and the writers have your back. And ya he doesn't win every battle in the Anime but that is so we see him have flaws or else we wouldn't watch because we get sick of seeing him never get beat. Also at no point did I say he should win every battle, I just he didn't make sense he won so many battles.

And Ash's training being fine? That might of worked as a valid point if there ever was any real training seen and yes he may train them outside the Anime but as I have said repeatedly that is pure speculation. You all don't seem to even take in account what we see in the Anime and only take in account your imagination.

"Some" here meaning "all". And you do the same thing, Poke King.
    Implying I speculate, I will say there have been here and there speculations on my part but most of my comments have been supported by what has been seen in the Anime plus the speculation I did do like saying he probably doesn't train much outside the Anime was like all the speculation I do and all the speculation I do is supported by assumptions and educated guesses based on how he is in the Anime. Therefore if we don't see him train a lot in the Anime its much safer to say he doesn't train much outside the Anime where as saying he must train a lot outside the Anime like you are all saying isn't much of an educated guess on your parts. And ya I did speculate though minor it may have been the difference between me and others speculating other than that I do it much less is the fact I didn't act like its fact when I speculate even though much of my speculation is supported by some good educated guesses based off fact.

But I just did list a bunch of times either Legendaries were caught or contained in some way. And also if you recall the Frontier Brain of the Battle Factory befriended Articuno which got beat by Ash's Charizard so then I guess Ash could of caught it then as it technically wasn't the Frontier Brains.

Yeah- but aside from Articuno and the baby Lugia, who weren't owned by the humans they stayed with, but wanted to stay with them anyway because they were friends, all the others were caught by bad guys, reinforcing the theory that it is considered wrong to capture a legendary Pokemon in the anime. And I wouldn't be evil enough to catch and take away a baby Lugia, or take Articuno from Noland. Besides, Noland would kill me if I did. (By the way, I know you're about to make a comment about Brandon's Pokemon- trust me, don't get me started on the legendaries. It's probably for the best that that particular debate ended.)
    Well, I was just saying he could of captured Articuno. Didn't say it be wrong or right to do so, just that he could of.

1. What are we supposed to talk about then? Why Ash's mother has an odd fixation with his underwear?

2.I think the facts can still be disputed, for the most part- oh, and btw since Ash himself made that "I only want rare Pokemon" comment he it cannot be disputed that they are what he wants. I've been wondering about his various captures, and I think I've come up with the answer- Ash only thinks these Pokemon are rare because he's hardly ever seen another trainer with one that we know of! (That one isn't too serious of a theory, but I can see Ash doing that.)
    Ya she does have a bit of a fixation lol but that has nothing to do with Ash as a Trainer so no we shouldn't talk about that. As for the facts being able to be disputed, you can't dispute facts because there facts. If you could dispute facts that are proven what be the point of facts? And do I really have to bring the sky color up again? And when it comes to Ash catching Pokémon because he thinks there rare because he never see's Trainers with them, we already went over that but if I must explain again there are a ton of Pokémon so seeing the same Pokémon over & over be tiresome therefore we rarely see the same Pokémon over & over which is why most Trainers we see not only use Pokémon Ash doesn't have but Pokémon we haven't seen at the time. The same applies to Starters as its obvious there are a lot of Trainers out there with them but to make them seem special and rare we don't see them much.

Now you can dispute that since you like disputing facts but go ahead I will just copy & paste this comment to save me some time in the future lol.

They are. Wild starters are. Bred starters, you fail to understand, fall into a different category entirely. And remember, not every single trainer has a starter Pokemon. Gym Leaders, for example.
    Never said all Trainers have Starters, I said most of them do and ya there in a different category which is why how you determine there rareness is reversed. Because normally you determine the rareness of a Pokémon by there availability in the wild but like you said Starters are different and because of that you determine there rarity by there availability to Trainers instead and since most Trainers have had or has a Starter then there clearly highly available therefore not rare. And ya there rare in the wild but you said yourself there in a different category so determining there rareness by that isn't the right way to do it and oh ya like I said before as they are specially bred they obviously could be overly bred to the point there common but there not to make them seem more special because as I said what Trainer whats to start off with something common.

Alright then. Accept that you are in the wrong sometimes. I'm waiting for you to do so. I'll shut up then.
    Hmm I have before 2 times where as you and Ichapokemr have not at all if I recall right. So does this mean no more replies from you since you said you shut up if I admitted I was wrong?

I think you mean "accept". And while I agree with you about "swimming Snorlax", I can't agree with you on much else because you automatically rule viewpoints wrong, even if they are no more speculative then your own.
    Oo ya I slip up on my part but when you have to constantly repeat yourself and do long replies to counter people slip ups are understandable like I wouldn't point out a mistake like that if you did it because I understand but hey thats just me.

Yay someone who agrees on Snorlax, I mean you think it be a simply yes or no thing and as it can swim obviously you think it be a short discussion but Ichapokemr has a way of taking something like that and making it take two pages to answer lol. And I only rule viewpoints wrong if oh I don't know there wrong, like if someone says Ash's Snorlax is special for being able to swim I think we all can agree we say the person who said that is wrong and yet I do it and all of a sudden I am a meanie. And there you go again with saying I speculate, ya I do a little but most of what I say like 97% is based on fact from what has been seen in the Anime where as the other 3% is really good educated guesses based on fact. And since you jumped down my throat on being speculative why don't you jump down Ichapokemr throat because last I checked practically everything he has said is speculation but I guess if you did that then he seem wrong and he could then no longer keep spouting speculation. Also you two seem to like each other so why point out a friends mistakes, right?

It isn't green? (Just kidding, just kidding.) Hmm... you know, the sky isn't always blue either, however. Sometimes it's pink, purple, red, even grey if clouds are covering it. Our viewpoints are equally valid, and you haven't proved a single major point (note the emphasized "major") wrong. You haven't admitted a single major point of your own is wrong either. I guess we could go on arguing forever, but right now I'm as tired of it as you are. I think we should discuss something a bit different, but more for the fact that neither of us will be giving an inch then the fact that "everything's based on speculation so we can't talk." I'll stop now- but if you reply to this with anything but "I agree with you" or "Right, let's talk about something else now", I will not hesitate to continue this argument, pointless thought it may be.
    OMG you actually debated the sky comment, damn lol. And ya all our viewpoints start off equally valid but once you state them if there wrong there wrong, i.e. if you say Snorlax can't swim your wrong. Besides I have proven what I said with either direct fact from the Anime like with Tailow or with common sense like with Snorlax. I think your thinking of Ichapokemr so please complain to him and not to a person actually supporting what they says with fact. And I have admitted a point where I was wrong with Phanphy but all the others times I was right pretty much so I ask you how can I admit I am wrong when I am right and you can talk about things using speculation to support them but if I prove you wrong or someone else does with fact you can't act like your right and attack whomever proves you wrong like Ichapokemr does.

I second this. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous...Poke King, I've admitted before freely when I'm wrong (you can search through my 1000+ posts if you really want to see examples), but I keep arguing with you because the way that you're acting. Art_Critic_Cubone put it into words the best:
    Ya let me go search through those 1000+ post lol and ya I have admitted I was wrong in this thread...have you, oh thats right you haven't. So you keep arguing with me because of how I am acting, ya and it has nothing at all to do with that I keep proving you wrong lol.

And that's exactly what you've been doing.
    Um no, if someone is right then if you notice I don't counter them, like there have been others in this thread who have said stuff but I didn't counter them because there was no need as they were right, its just I keep countering you because you keep either being wrong or being mean to people who prove you wrong like calling people dummies. Notice how you have yet to comment on that still, oh I wonder why lol.

Ash & co. sure didn't think it could swim, as I remember their reaction to seeing the Snorlax swimming quite well...as surprise.
    Ya and Ash & co also didn't see that many Snorlax before then either so seeing a Pokémon who you really have never seen much before do something you think they can't because of your stupidity then ya you be surprise too as of course you thought Snorlax couldn't swim either lol. And do we need to keep going over Snorlax's ability to swim, it can swim and there are no if's, and's or but's. If anyone like to disagree I could go into why again and again but damn people you need to realize when your wrong because if you still think it can't swim then you need help.

Bit there IS evidence that they did that (as in having battles outside the episodes) more. There has been more than one episode that had an opening/ending like that, as I said before. One episode in particular that I can think of was back early on in the first season--in the episode with the unofficial gym (the Sandshrew trainer), the show opens with Ash in a battle, and when he wins it he claims that it's his TENTH win. We, however, only saw one victory, so where were the other nine? In between the episodes. That proves that there's more going on then we see (in fact, the gym sign said it had 98 wins when they got there, yet we never saw a single one of them).
    Ya there was evidence of 9 battles ooo, that so compensates in explaining why Ash's Pokémon are so powerful and ya it proves battles happen between episodes, never said no battles took place by the way as I just said that is was highly unlikely. And ya we didn't see those 98 wins too, um why would we the character who had those wins was only important enough to be in the show like a second so why would we see those? I think your really scraping the bottom of the barrel if your using that to explain your arguments.

While Kyogre & Groudon were contained, they were asleep so there ws no resistance, so it can't really be counted (where's the challenge in capturing a sleeping opponent?). Mewtwo stayed there out of its own will because it didn't know better at the time, so that can't count either. And, in response to the Deoxys comment, hibernation is not in any way a form of containment (and it was just out of energy anyway, so that doesn't really count either). The rest are true, though.
    Well, they were asleep when contained, we don't know if they were asleep at the time of containment and if they were I think they would of woke up just like Kyogre did when Team Rocket messed with it and like Groudon did when Pikachu broke it out which means then the Team's somehow subdued them. And even if you forget everything I just said about them being contained, they are two powerful legendaries contained so doesn't it matter why? As for Deoxys/Mewtwo they were still contained and all that matter is if the legendaries I listed were captured or contained which they all were yet you some how can argue they weren't like you can somehow counter everything I say lol.

That's just it--he WASN'T successful at capturing it, since it evolved before he could capture it. It was Primeape that he managed to capture, not Mankey.
    Once again I have to explained this, I listed Pokémon who at the time Ash wanted and ultimately obtained and whether they evolved before capture doesn't matter as I was explaining how the Pokémon he wanted weren't rare or unusual. And he wanted a Mankey and before he got it the Mankey became a Primeape. But all that matters is he wanted a Mankey, it doesn't matter if it evolved because I was showing how the Pokémon he wants aren't rare or unusual and Mankey aren't and even Primeape aren't so if I conceded you were right which you aren't technically then it still prove my point that Ash doesn't capture rare or unusual Pokémon.

Why do I have to go over this again, how do you not get it?

Art_Critic_Cubone (whom I have to give a big "Thanks" to) already covered most of these for me, but Ash DID teach Pikachu how to actually use Volt Tackle (which I was referring to), and that's not all that I said in my first post (if you'd taken the time to pay attention)...and I said in the first place "for all we know", meaning that I admitted that part was speculation. Of course, there's the rest of it, which came from logic & actual knowledge.
    Oh so you were saying Ash taught him how to use it better, well guess what you didn't say it like that originally. You said it like he taught Pikachu Volt Tackle so don't get mad at me for saying that was wrong as it was. Now Ash however did train Pikachu to use it better. As for me not paying attention to the rest of what you said, I paid attention to all of it. In the future if you like me to not say something that you say is wrong word it so I understand what your saying, ok?

..........Okay, let's go with that example. Let's say that that store only sells pets to the people that live in that town. Then, anybody outside of that town would have to go elsewhere to find their pet. Therefore, the rarity of that pet comes back into play for all of those people, regardless of how many are in that store.

You're probably wondering what that has to do with anything. Well, I doubt that every single new trainer goes to Pallet Town to start, so they don't all get a starter that way.

And there's still the fact that each trainer only gets ONE starter, so they have to search for the other two...And there's the earlier-mentioned "disappointment factor" to consider--Ash wanted them in the first place, but couldn't get them because he was late, so when he found them of course he was going to capture them to make up for not getting them before.
    Ya all Trainers don't go to Pallet Town but they all do receive a Starter of the Region when starting out. As for getting the other Starters like Ash did, that proves my point as Ash managed to find 4 Squritle (Much more if you count that island of Squirtles/Wartortle and Blastoise), 1 Bulbasaur (2 if you count May's) and a Charmander (If you count the Charific Valley Charizard there are much more Charmande in the wild too) who probably was the Starter of the Trainer who abandoned it. Which means 2 of these supposed rare Starters were found in the wild easily. Course that doesn't include all the other Starters Ash found easily in his travels. Plus even though they may not be shown greatly in the wild last I checked we don't see many Poochyena or Fearow but we know they exist heavily so why can't you concede that maybe Starters are in the wild and that we just don't see them much not because there uber rare but because the writers don't want us to because if we did we wouldn't think there special anymore.

Moving on...
    Ya could we really, I am a bit tired of having to go over things 2 & 3 times and sometimes even more.

If you all like just list what you think has yet to be fully proven and I will prove them one way or the other with fact so we can stop debating them as it really is getting tiresome to do this over & over.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I not sure if you saw my reply about the starters but I really think you can count them as rare. The only place you can fine them common is maybe at starter pokemon labs like Professor Oak's because they may breed them themselves in order to keep up the demand from starter trainers. It just sounds wrong for a man like Professor Oak to order pokemon like charmanders from a certain place. Kinda like Team Rocket-ish if you ask me. My idea on the starter pokemon is that the professors breed them. As of starter pokemon in the wild then they have to rare since we don't see them in episodes commonly. Some times we get to see screenshots of the wildness but they have some common looking pokemon but no starters. What I think there are certain places like the forest where May bulbsaur was found and the blastoise island. To me because they are found in certain places like where I mention they are consider rare. Still there is no proof as in 'in show' wise where the professor's get the pokemon to give to starter trainers. Still you haven't told us your view on where the professor's get their pokemon. Also not to be mean but what do the rarity of starter pokemon have to do with the abilities of Ash as a pokemon trainer.

I am kinda confuse on your veiw point on why Ash isn't a good trainer to help set this tread on the right path. It seems like to me that this thread's topic has gone a little off from where it started. I can see this is a very debatable topic on the abilities of Ash but try not to go over board. It is only a tv show with some holes. Teeheehee

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    So let me get this straight you make a comment that has nothing to do with nothing and you expect us to tie what you said with Ash some how. If at the end of your comment you said just like how Ash will make mistakes then I would of never commented on it probably but you didn't so don't get made if someone misconstrue what you say, okay?

If you're too dense to understand that one, Poke King, you really should just quit making discussion boards. My point was that it is human to make a mistake, and Ash is human. Just because he wants to become the best doesn't mean that he can't mess up every so often. And it's "nothing to do with anything." I can understand an occasional slip up, but when you make word mistakes like that constantly it makes it harder for me to take you seriously.

Ya all Trainers don't go to Pallet Town but they all do recieve a Starter of the Region when starting out. As for getting the other Starters like Ash did, that proves my point as Ash managed to find 4 Squritle (Much more if you count that island of Squirtles/Wartortle and Blastoise), 1 Bulbasaur (2 if you count May's) and a Charmander (If you count the Charific Valley Charizard there are much more Charmande in the wild too) who probably was the Starter of the Trainer who abandoned it. Which means 2 of these supposed rare Starters were found in the wild easily. Course that doesn't include all the other Starters Ash found easily in his travels. Plus even though they may not be shown greatly in the wild last I checked we don't see many Poochyena or Fearow but we know they exist heavily so why can't you concede that maybe Starters are in the wild and that we just don't see them much not because there uber rare but because the writers don't want us to because if we did we wouldn't think there special anymore.

Wait- if this is an in-universe discussion, why are we bringing the writers into it? (I am on the brink of insanity right now. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to incite me to flame you just so you could watch me get banned.) Yes- bringing the writers into it explains everything, but then there is nothing to discuss. You defeat the entire purpose of the board, which was to discuss how it could be possible for Ash to do some of the things he does on the show based on the show itself. If you just say "The writers wanted it to happen like this" that's all well and good, but then you have no reason to talk about it. In conclusion, Poke King, if you already have all of the answers you want and will obviously not change your mind, you may as well just leave, because nothing, I repeat, NOTHING you have said so far has shown me that you are able to rationally discuss things. Now, let's say that you were right all along, that your explanation WAS in fact the only true one- why would you discuss it with other people? The point of a discussion where you ask someone "what do you think?" (which is what this is) is to listen to their viewpoints and then present your own, modifying it in the face of evidence. What you are doing here is attempting to convince everyone that you are correct. What you do in that case is present a "this is why" board, then ask people if they agree. This is not a board where one person has the answers, this was a board for multiple people to put them together. If you defeat the purpose of your own board, you may as well have never created it. Oh, and one other thing- on Venus, the sky is yellow-green.

Ya could we really, I am a bit tired of having to go over things 2 & 3 times and sometimes even more.

If you all like just list what you think has yet to be fully proven and I will prove them one way or the other with fact so we can stop debating them as it really is getting tiresome to do this over & over.

Good- here's my list- but it's of things that I think are proven, just so we can eliminate them from discussion:

1. Ash makes mistakes and still wins because he is an ordinary person.

2. Ash wanted to capture rare or unusual Pokemon originally.

3. Some, if not all, of Ash's Pokemon, are rare and unusual.

4. Starters should be considered rare.

5. Poke King thinks that disputing his viewpoint is like calling the sky green.

6. What he fails to understand is that sometimes we're talking about the Venusian sky.

7. Snorlax can swim. Are you happy now?

8. Ash has trained against Brock at least once, and has battled off-screen at least nine times, making the speculative theory that he trains between episodes more plausible then the one that he doesn't.

9. ACC think Latias is beautiful, and wouldn't object to- (Oh, wait, wrong time...)

10. Poke King will probably not listen to this, and will not stop driving me slightly mad.

11. Ash's Pokemon are tough enough to win battles, even with disadvantages. There is no reason to suppose that Ash is just a lucky freak.

12. Poke King can't understand sarcasm even if it hits him in the face. Case in point:

Ya she does have a bit of a fixation lol but that has nothing to do with Ash as a Trainer so no we shouldn't talk about that. As for the facts being able to be disputed, you can't dispute facts because there facts. If you could dispute facts that are proven what be the point of facts? And do I really have to bring the sky color up again? And when it comes to Ash catching Pokémon because he thinks there rare because he never see's Trainers with them, we already went over that but if I must explain again there are a ton of Pokémon so seeing the same Pokémon over & over be tiresome therefore we rarely see the same Pokémon over & over which is why most Trainers we see not only use Pokémon Ash doesn't have but Pokémon we haven't seen at the time. The same applies to Starters as its obvious there are a lot of Trainers out there with them but to make them seem special and rare we don't see them much.

Now you can dispute that since you like disputing facts but go ahead I will just copy & paste this comment to save me some time in the future lol.

I was being sarcastic about the "Ash's Undies" comment. You are officially dense. I was also halfway joking about Ash thinking Pokemon are rare because he doesn't see other trainers with them. I doubt you're on the school debate team. And another thing- if we don't see much of them, isn't it kind of logical that it's more plausible to think that they really are rare then to invent some speculative thing about "Oh, they're just all over the place but we never see them." That logic doesn't apply to the "off-screen battle" idea because it is proven that there have been battles between episodes, and thinking there might be others that just aren't mentioned is therefore logical. Keh.

Well, they were asleep when contained, we don't know if they were asleep at the time of containment and if they were I think they would of woke up just like Kyogre did when Team Rocket messed with it and like Groudon did when Pikachu broke it out which means then the Team's somehow subdued them. And even if you forget everything I just said about them being contained, they are two powerful legendaries contained so doesn't it matter why? As for Deoxys/Mewtwo they were still contained and all that matter is if the legendaries I listed were captured or contained which they all were yet you some how can argue they weren't like you can somehow counter everything I say lol.

1. Contained of their own free will isn't the same as captured. Captured means you were caught without your own consent.

2.You're speculating when you clearly state you only want facts. This is a case of "give us what you want".

Ya there was evidence of 9 battles ooo, that so compensates in explaining why Ash's Pokémon are so powerful and ya it proves battles happen between episodes, never said no battles took place by the way as I just said that is was highly unlikely. And ya we didn't see those 98 wins too, um why would we the character who had those wins was only important enough to be in the show like a second so why would we see those? I think your really scraping the bottom of the barrel if your using that to explain your arguments.

Or he just did his research.

Ya all Trainers don't go to Pallet Town but they all do recieve a Starter of the Region when starting out. As for getting the other Starters like Ash did, that proves my point as Ash managed to find 4 Squritle (Much more if you count that island of Squirtles/Wartortle and Blastoise), 1 Bulbasaur (2 if you count May's) and a Charmander (If you count the Charific Valley Charizard there are much more Charmande in the wild too) who probably was the Starter of the Trainer who abandoned it. Which means 2 of these supposed rare Starters were found in the wild easily. Course that doesn't include all the other Starters Ash found easily in his travels. Plus even though they may not be shown greatly in the wild last I checked we don't see many Poochyena or Fearow but we know they exist heavily so why can't you concede that maybe Starters are in the wild and that we just don't see them much not because there uber rare but because the writers don't want us to because if we did we wouldn't think there special anymore.

Not all- three. One for each starter the proffesor receives. And since many trainers in the anime do not have starters it is obvious that these Pokemon are not given to "all trainers". Self-contradiction, my boy.

Ya let me go search through those 1000+ post lol and ya I have admitted I was wrong in this thread...have you, oh thats right you haven't. So you keep arguing with me because of how I am acting, it has nothing at all to do with that I keep proving you wrong.

Why should he? Our evidence, even if it is only by a little, is stronger then your own.

OMG you actually debated the sky comment, damn lol. And ya all our viewpoints start off equally valid once you state them if there wrong there wrong, i.e. if you say Snorlax can't swim your wrong. Besides I have proven what I said with either direct fact from the Anime like with Tailow or with common sense like with Snorlax. I think your thinking of Ichapokemr so please complain to him and not a person actually supporting what they says with fact. And I have admitted a point where I was wrong with Phanphy but all the others times I was right pretty much so I ask you how can I admit I am wrong when I am right and you can talk about things using speculation to support them but if I prove you wrong or someone else does with fact you can't act like your right and attack whomever proves you wrong like Ichapokemr
    does.

Oh, so you admitted you were wrong about a point that wasn't even really that important, and you expect me to bow down and kiss your feet for it? Not a chance. We know you admitted you were wrong about Phanphy, you've told us so many times that it's getting annoying. Stop attacking Icha, if you want to attack anything, debate his ideas. This is a debate about a show, not a user. Besides, I would have told you if I was talking about Icha. You must think I'm too dumb to know what I'm talking about. Wrong....

Well, I was just saying he could of captured Articuno. Didn't say it be wrong or right to do so, just that he could of.

I'm telling you why he didn't.

Implying I speculate, I will say there have been here and there speculations on my part but most of my comments have been supported by what has been seen in the Anime plus the speculation I did do like saying he probably doesn't train much outside the Anime was like all the speculation I do and all the speculation I do is supported by assumptions and educated guesses based on how he is in the Anime. Therefore if we don't see him train a lot in the Anime its much safer to say he doesn't train much outside the Anime where as saying he must train a lot outside the Anime like you are all saying isn't much of an educated guess on your parts. And ya I did speculate though minor it may have been the difference between me and others speculating other than that I do it much less is the fact I didn't act like its fact when I speculate even though much of my speculation is supported by some good educated guesses based off fact.

So do we, and we show our facts.

Okay this time you really took it somewhere it shouldn't of gone. I simply said I agreed with the 2 reasons he gave but when I added another he acted like I was wrong even though it was valid.

As for my grammar and phrasing, well I am not trying to be an awesome writer so if it gets a bit convoluted ah well.

And I except all viewpoints, what don't you get about that?
    Ya I will say someone is wrong when they are but it doesn't mean I don't except your viewpoint. The point of a debate/discussion is to discuss something and give your viewpoints on the subject at hand but in a debate/discussion obviously some people will be wrong and other rightr and when others are right they point it out and so on. So why you getting mad at me for just countering people when there wrong, that is in part the point of a debate/discussion because if we all just 100% accepted what each other said as fact or whatever what be the point of having a debate/discussion.

As for Ash winning with what I like to point out you called basic Pokémon ya you can be that lucky when the show is about you and the writers have your back. And ya he doesn't win every battle in the Anime but that is so we see him have flaws or else we wouldn't watch because we get sick of seeing him never get beat. Also at no point did I say he should win every battle, I just he didn't make sense he won so many battles.

And Ash's training being fine? That might of worked as a valid point if there ever was any real training seen and yes he may train them outside the Anime but as I have said repeatedly that is pure speculation. You all don't seem to even take in account what we see in the Anime and only take in account your imagination.

Poke King, you don't know what you are talking about. You have been proven by this whole discussion to be unable to accept viewpoints (not facts, viewpoints) that are not your own. And once again, writers enter the discussion. Don't talk. And you don't accept all viewpoints, or if you do you don't consider them valid. Additionally, you are yelling at Icha too much- quit it.

Years
    Cubone couldn't have said it finer. And yeah, King, you have been on Ichi's case. Of course, everyone jumped on the other (and that's why we have a PM system) about their speculation process in this one. I'd say everything that needed to be said, was said, plus several things more. The point of the exercise is "yes, you were wrong", but it's the connotation of saying they're wrong. The tone, inflection, if you will. And text doesn't help.

That being said, at a 100 posts+, I'd say we covered enough. I want to spare any further headaches on both Ichi and Cubone's behalf (plus, myself). So, I'm locking it. Enjoy the memories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back