• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So who's gonna...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    Who's gonna scrounge and grind levels to earn the money needed to buy Dratini at the earliest possible point?

2,100 coins in Goldenrod, or you can get the other one much later in the game.

Years
    Nah, I think I'll just get the free Dratini later. I'm doing that because I don't feel like grinding early in the game and the free Dratini is super special awesome anyway. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Scrounge? I'm in the UK. We just takes the coins from game machines, no questions asked.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    I'll probobaly get it, if i can be bothered. After all, dratini would be a pretty good addition to a team.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    My team for SoulSilver is pretty much planned out for when I purchase my English version when released in the US. So, I'm not going to need to grind any money to purchase the Dratini earlier in the game, but instead wait until the free Dratini becomes available later on.

Not to mention, with patience comes reward, so in the long run I'll be able to obtain a Dratini that knows Extreme Speed and might be very helpful in Competitive Play.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, a Dratini would be nice to have that early in the game. I think I'll do enough battles to buy 2100 coins, I mean, it's not that much~

Years
    I'm gonna trade over Pokemon with NUGGET equipped.
    And read about others battling and using PAY DAY Meowth.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Scrounge? I'm in the UK. We just takes the coins from game machines, no questions asked.

Too bad they took out the slot machines for you guys. :I

@Rebellion'sEvolution: I level my Meowth to 20 or so, the higher the level, the bigger the payout, then equip Amulet Coin and get double the money. :D

Pani

H e a r t G o l d ♥
    Years
    If I want a Dratini that bad I'll just find a female Ditto to breed with my Dragonite in Pearl. :P

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I grinded and successfully got a Dratini, which is now a Dragonair before the 3rd gym. It was well worth it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If I want a Dratini that bad I'll just find a female Ditto to breed with my Dragonite in Pearl. :P

You didn't say female Ditto, did you...?
    But nah, I'll probably go ahead and get the Extreme Dratini instead of a game corner dratini.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    The free Dratini will be for competitive battling purposes only, my team will be Starter dependant.

Typhlosion/Feraligatr/Meganium
    Dragonite
    Gyarados/Yanmega/Houndoom
    Ampharos/Arcanine/Alakazam
    Vaporeon/Jolteon/Lapras
    Assorted HM slaves

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I usually wait until the end of the game, where I can easily get a Dratini for free. :3 It may be low levelled at this stage, but it's easier for me to do that rather than grind for the one at the Game Corner.

Back