• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen soft restet

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    Soft reseting is when you restart your DS without pressing the power button. In a sense, you're never turning the system off; you're rebooting it.

In order to soft reset your DS, press the START, SELECT, R, and L buttons all at the same time.

Hope this helps! :)

sth hijack

Im the best
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    yeah it helped me out alot thnx. And also how dose this help ypu get shiney legends and starters

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    If you don't get a shiny legendary at first, you can just soft-reset and try again because you'll go back to the same place where you were. That's called shiny hunting. =P

sth hijack

Im the best
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    o so i would save infront of the legendary pokemon and just softreset till i get a shiny. im going to have to do that on firered to get a mewtwo thnx

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^It can take from days to weeks, to months. Maybe even years. The probability of getting one is incredibly low.

Back