• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Solo Starter to Beat E4

Gaspar

No Hacks
Years
  • Hello All,

I know this was done frequently in R/S/E days but wondered weather anyone has a strategy etc for finishing all the gyms and E4 using a single starter. What moves etc? Just looking for a quick easy way to get extra TM'S etc

Thanks

- Gaspar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    For RSE I used swampert. Still, you need a pretty strong team to support yourself unless your pokemon is in the 70's.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
  • I've beaten the E4 by getting all 3 starters off the GTS, training them, then battling the e4 with all the Revives that I can afford in my bag! :D

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    None of you answered his question. You kinda went off topic.

I would say use Infernape

Flamethrower for the first E4 leader
    Earthquake for the second E4 leader
    Close combat for a high damage attack
    And grass knot for beating Milotic and Gastrodon

The only pokemon you might have trouble with is garchomp and milotic if you dont one hit it
    Also if the second leader gets a Earth quake on you

Last edited:

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • If you just want to beat the E4, put up a Pokemon (either Gible, Feebas, something moderate) on the GTS and request a level 100 Dialga. I got a legit one and blazed through the E4 with that alone. It's Draco Meteor eliminated that Bronzong in one hit.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Infernape
    Flamethrower/Flare Blitz
    Close Combat(for me, K.O.)
    Earthquake(dominates 1st E4)
    And I have HM's for my last move, Rock Climb

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Ive done it

Just train Chimchar to lvl 14 and evolve before the first gym
    And if you can get Earthquake and Grassknot early Infernape has a move that is super effect to all gyms except the 5th gym

And keep using one pokemon and try to battle all the trainers
    you should be lvl 70ish by the time you reach elite four

Back