• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(SOLVED) Help setting EVs through a script

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I'm trying to use this post from the simple modifications: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/simple-modifications-directory.416647/post-10162417
    but I'm getting an error when making the ROM that says it's an undefined reference to 'SetEVs'.

I'm using poryscript and doing call(SetEVs) but can't figure out why it doesn't recognize the new script in event_scripts.s

Edit: some weird formatting error happened that changed the spelling and its fixed now

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm trying to use this post from the simple modifications: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/simple-modifications-directory.416647/post-10162417
    but I'm getting an error when making the ROM that says it's an undefined reference to 'SetEVs'.

I'm using poryscript and doing call(SetEVs) but can't figure out why it doesn't recognize the new script in event_scripts.s

Edit: some weird formatting error happened that changed the spelling and its fixed now
    You can't use Poryscript's own syntax in a file like data/event_scripts.s, which is not a .pory file.
    What you can do is to make a new "event_scripts.pory" file inside your project's data folder, and then .include the .inc version of that file inside event_scripts.s.

In other words, you'll want to do something like dropping in a .include "data/scripts/event_scripts.inc" in data/event_scripts.s and then make a new data/scripts/event_scripts.pory file to put general or common Poryscript-syntax overworld scripts in. The .inc file will be generated from the .pory automatically, like it happens with the rest of the .pory files.

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    You can't use Poryscript's own syntax in a file like data/event_scripts.s, which is not a .pory file.
    What you can do is to make a new "event_scripts.pory" file inside your project's data folder, and then .include the .inc version of that file inside event_scripts.s.

In other words, you'll want to do something like dropping in a .include "data/scripts/event_scripts.inc" in data/event_scripts.s and then make a new data/scripts/event_scripts.pory file to put general or common Poryscript-syntax overworld scripts in. The .inc file will be generated from the .pory automatically, like it happens with the rest of the .pory files.
    I was using poryscript in a specific map script and doing the call to SetEVs (located in data/event_scripts.s ) . When I was copying the name SetEVs into the map script it somehow changed the formatting and caused it to not recognize it. I changed the spelling and it works just fine now, but I appreciate your help!

Back