• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something BIG in 2006! Thats Right! Pok?RPG 0.2 is finally being released!!!

Years

ITS OPEN -- HTTP://POKE-RPG.X-WH.NET
    OVERVIEW
    Alot of you have been waiting for this -- I have mentioned in the past Pok?RPG is going to be a "Web Revolution" -- a new take on Pokemon. It is (already) a MMORPG - where many users can login at once and chat. I expect to see a public release -- early demo -- of this this weekend. In the future I can see Pokemon Fans logging in and trading and capturing Pokemon!

HISTORY
    Developement began in Late December 2005 in Kuni Labs, the codename for Kuni's Basement.

DEVELOPEMENT
    Pok?RPG is currently looking for developers and graphics designers -- please email or email me if you are interested. Pok?RPG proudly uses LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) and AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript + XML) technologys as a backend.

FUTURE PLANS
    In the future, I plan to host GLOBAL (All Players), WEEKLY (Certain Weeks Only), DAILY (duh) and INVITE (duh again) Events. These events could be a giveaway, a tournament, a Team Rocket, Magma or Aqua attack, or a mystery event.

Berrys and Items will come in the next few weeks, so will catching and battling Pokemon.

Thanks
    -Imakuni?

Last edited:
    Years
    Omega Latios said:
    Nice Map, But You Should Add More Things Like Lake And More Trees.
    Those are comming soon. There are lots of trees, they are just off screen view. You cant see them from that screenshot.

Edit- Another screenshot

Last edited:
    Years
    Saniigo said:
    Where exactly do you download Pok?RPG 0.2?
    To answer your question, its going to be a web based RPG. Anyone whos interested can IM, email or PM me for more info and a demo.

and now, some more screenshots:

credits to Little Paul for designing the layout :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Little Paul said:
    Me and Imakuni got it covered =D, seeing I am now his partner X3.
    Yes, however, you are not the only one involved. I am looking to get other people involved in the project too.

Sunday, February 5th, 1:26 PM
    Just 8 Hours 34 Minutes until public release!

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    It looks nice, even if it is just characters walking around right now. I'm looking forward to this project myself.

Btw, great idea on the whole web based theory, since it will be cross-platform and be able to be played by basically anyone..

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks bgtfamily. When I was coming up with the plans, i built it on these three aspects.
    1) Browser Based - Some kids cant download games, or some people dont havce a high-speed connection to download them
    2) Fast - Javascript/PHP/Ajax/MySQl makes for a fast, easy game
    3) Cross Platform - Build this on a level that almost anyone can play, no downloads.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Yea, I really like the browser aspect; half the time I'm @ work on a pc and I'm basically banned from installing anything; and plus, that also means if I'm anywhere I can participate, etc. I don't have to worry about installing anything. I think its a really promising project, hell, I would even develop for it, just that I have very limited php knowledge, so that wouldn't get anything done, maybe if I acutally learn something I could particpate, but besides that, I'm just here for support, lol.

Also, one other aspect that I like is that its not graphical intensive; atleast from the screenshots I can make assumptions from; and with that, not everyone has the greatest connection/computer; so atleast that compensates for most of them. Oh yea, and its coded in php, which is also another plus, XD

50 mins to go, I think...

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks everyone for your support. We have less than an hour until the release, as of this post, 48 minutes to be exact!
    So far, we dont have all the features, but then again, this is only the first release.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Well, I actually think the first release should only be used to check for stability, etc. You want to atleast be able to find bugs/flaws in your coding at this basic of a stage; atleast until you start actually adding real features.

Years
    bgtfamily said:
    Well, I actually think the first release should only be used to check for stability, etc. You want to atleast be able to find bugs/flaws in your coding at this basic of a stage; atleast until you start actually adding real features.
    Actually, I've been doing that all along. Me and a few testers have been weeding out the bugs for the demo

20 minutes!!!

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Yea, but have you test it with a huge load, say, 50+ users, etc?

0 mins ... atleast by my clock, lol.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    It was lagging on me a little bit, and that was with just 5 users... so, I dunno if it was something on my side or it was something with the server. Or maybe it was just a fluke or something. The movement didn't lag that much for me but the chat lagged really bad... I would say something and it would take an equivalent of approximetely 10-15 seconds to even show up after being sent. The movement lagged, but it wasn't that bad really, it only lagged on me once and then resolved itself. I also noticed the chat lag didn't occur until that fifth player connected, I don't know if it was their connection contributing to it or what, because before that when there was just four users it was working fine.

But thats just my overall progress report, at the time I was online inside of an ISP, and it does tend to lag slightly in there when some people are doing things their not supposed to, so it could have been something on my end, because I haven't tried it on my home connection (6000/1000) yet. I just want to know if anyone else expierences the same problems or more or less was just specific to me.

Years
    bgtfamily said:
    It was lagging on me a little bit, and that was with just 5 users... so, I dunno if it was something on my side or it was something with the server. Or maybe it was just a fluke or something. The movement didn't lag that much for me but the chat lagged really bad... I would say something and it would take an equivalent of approximetely 10-15 seconds to even show up after being sent. The movement lagged, but it wasn't that bad really, it only lagged on me once and then resolved itself. I also noticed the chat lag didn't occur until that fifth player connected, I don't know if it was their connection contributing to it or what, because before that when there was just four users it was working fine.

But thats just my overall progress report, at the time I was online inside of an ISP, and it does tend to lag slightly in there when some people are doing things their not supposed to, so it could have been something on my end, because I haven't tried it on my home connection (6000/1000) yet. I just want to know if anyone else expierences the same problems or more or less was just specific to me.
    The chat does lag. But when you have over 100 simultaneous MySQL queries everytime the page refreshes, then yeah.
    I am working to eliminate useless querys like that.

Back