• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Something seedy about Sycamore

Years
  • So my puns didn't go to waste then? ;)

This.

Yes, every single one. All 8 of them.
    I am aware they tend to be complete ripoffs of their predecessors yes, but this story in particular has really gone backwards. Consider N from BW, so much more depth than Lysandre. They've been making baby step progress up until now and I guess I'm looking for a continuation of the trend.

Do you not think he's being a little too personally involved? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Perhaps there is a reason he's paying extra special attention to you and your involvement in the story. The other Professors were very much involved in their own work, why is Sycamore any different?

Also I appreciate the tree pun :)

He used you to take down the evil corporation without exclusively severing his ties to some pretty powerful people. I think he plans on using them later for his own personal gain and until then needs to personally see to it that you suspect nothing. But I think he's doing too good a job at being your friend.
    Actually nah, I don't think he's being too personal. Like zekrom guy said earlier man you can't really look into pkmn characters too much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    t'would have been interesting if sycamore did turn out to be on team flare
    maybe like lysanders right hand man
    or something

Years
  • I think the big thing to remember though is we whiteness the team become evil in real time in story. Everyone knows lysandres company makes the holocaster and everyone knows he has the flair cafe id assume that team flare isn't a secret or threatening organization at the point we come in the story. Even sycamore says he didn't know lysandre would go that far. So really I don't think it was a matter of ppl secretly being Aligned with evil lysandre and more of a matter of ppl not knowing Lysander was evil

Years
  • I never felt an uneasy vibe from the guy but I did think to myself,
    For someone with the title Professor, you'd think he should've seen through Lysandre and that he wasn't as innocent as he may had once been. The way the guy was dressed.. all red and orange get up with the Huge reddish hair; then his words about wanting more and hoping for a one day beautiful clean world and what not is all Team Flare's motives! So I had already figured he was a figurehead for the group early on but for Sycamore not to see it himself and acted so blind sided was a little off to me.

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
    Years
  • He was just the pokemon professor of kalos, and even if he were involved im pretty sure they would've included it in the story because i doubt they're going to pull a x-2 and y-2. And Sycamore and his assistants even said "we don't know what lysandre's intentions are" and his assistants even came around to "help" with team flare encounters.

Back