• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen something that may happen in the near future.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I got this idea, what if restaurants like Mc Donalds or Burger King had pokemon toys, that transfer over a pokemon.

I'll give an example.

Lets say they have starter toys, with each of the starters. the starters have infared connection, and can connect to b&w. This causes either a guy to wait at the pokemart, going to give you the pokemon that was your toy, or some sort of event to happen.

This would usually happen with hard to get pokemon, like starters, rare event pokemon like celebi or deoxys, or legendarys from previous games.

Although, there would be a catch, once you have transfered one on to your game, you can not transfer any more to that game. So, you can get one per game cart.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, I guess that it will be exclusive to the NA, and not to Europe ... x(
    I will really go sad if that happens !

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I'd rather have infa-red, Wi-Fi is too much hastle. But codes would be O.K., i guess.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Er...I wouldn't like this idea. That means you would have to order a kids meals or at least something off the menu. I'm an uber Pokemon geek and I'll do anything to get a Pokemon event, anything except break my lifestyle and morals... this wouldn't be fair to vegan Pokemon trainers.

I'm very happy with the Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Wi-Fi events. I think it's enough ^.^

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    This is a great idea because I absolutely love chicken nuggets and starter pokemon.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    Problem. What if you order your kid's sized, two-inch-in-diameter cheeseburger, and the toy is the starter you already have? Also, an event like this would cause starters to sort of lose all their importance. I think that they should be pokemon that are either super rare, or exclusive to this event. Or pokemon that you can't obtain pre-national dex, but that would ruin the whole "new pokemon" thing.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Er...I wouldn't like this idea. That means you would have to order a kids meals or at least something off the menu. I'm an uber Pokemon geek and I'll do anything to get a Pokemon event, anything except break my lifestyle and morals... this wouldn't be fair to vegan Pokemon trainers.

I'm very happy with the Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Wi-Fi events. I think it's enough ^.^

You could just buy the toy, for about a dollar, without the meal...

Edit: Maybe, to keep those pokemon rare, they could sell them in stores for about 7 dollars.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I think this would be to much hassle and would be a little more difficult if the toy itself linked somehow to the game. A code you entered online and activated would be far more believable. Also with other events it doesn't cost you the extra money and I don't see this as a real financial gain for the company, and thus no real reason to do it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'd just prefer it if rare pokemon were distributed through wi-fi. I never got around to going to GameStop or Toys 'R Us to get the events, and yeah McDonald's makes more sense (and they'd probably get more business) but yeah like I said if they're gonna switch it around then maybe just do wi-fi. Though the toys thing sounds like a good idea.

Back