• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry About that, Vance (Year RMT)

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Hey, Arghonaut. Awesome.

I really don't have too much to bring up here, but it doesn't seem like Suicune's going to be too hot dealing with Ape. Close Combat + Grass Knot in any order is pretty deadly with that spread. And you don't have any recovery to your name either. I guess Starmie kind of works. It doesn't solve the Gyara problem without a lot of defense though, or otherwise Scarf, but that's also pretty risky. It's probably one of your best bets without a lot of adjustment to your team, I guess. Come to think of it, I remember darkie used to use this really bulky Starmie spread. I'll see if I might be able to dig it up.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Skip Shot said:
    SD Infernape only though, standard Mixape lands a 3HKO (Smogon)

Hahaha you're still wrong, it does 47% minimum (iirc, but it was something to that effect), easily a 2HKO with SR and SS (and you previously had Tyranitar). Since, you know, I ran the damage calculation before I posted. lol.

Anyway, Suicune is a pretty poor Infernape counter. Easily worn down and without Def investment, the SDer kind of kills it (CC ALWAYS OHKOes regardless of SR) and Mixape has no problems either as MAg mentioned. The only thing I know of that reliably beats both MixApe and Gyarados is Cresselia, but I can see why you wouldn't want to use that lol. I would just keep Suiucne though since MixApe is pretty easy to play around. Infernape has enough trouble switching in on most of this team, so you should hopefully be okay. Just don't switch Suicune into it.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Hey, Arghonaut. Awesome.
    Totally. Cyclohm looks promising, though.

I really don't have too much to bring up here, but it doesn't seem like Suicune's going to be too hot dealing with Ape. Close Combat + Grass Knot in any order is pretty deadly with that spread. And you don't have any recovery to your name either. I guess Starmie kind of works. It doesn't solve the Gyara problem without a lot of defense though, or otherwise Scarf, but that's also pretty risky. It's probably one of your best bets without a lot of adjustment to your team, I guess. Come to think of it, I remember darkie used to use this really bulky Starmie spread. I'll see if I might be able to dig it up.
    Ok, I'd appreciate it if you could. Thanks!

Hahaha you're still wrong, it does 47% minimum (iirc, but it was something to that effect), easily a 2HKO with SR and SS (and you previously had Tyranitar). Since, you know, I ran the damage calculation before I posted. lol.
    *Who made that analysis?*

Anyway, Suicune is a pretty poor Infernape counter. Easily worn down and without Def investment, the SDer kind of kills it (CC ALWAYS OHKOes regardless of SR) and Mixape has no problems either as MAg mentioned. The only thing I know of that reliably beats both MixApe and Gyarados is Cresselia, but I can see why you wouldn't want to use that lol. I would just keep Suiucne though since MixApe is pretty easy to play around. Infernape has enough trouble switching in on most of this team, so you should hopefully be okay. Just don't switch Suicune into it.
    Ok, I can see your point there, since Infernape needs Grass Knot to beat Swampert/Gyara, and Zapdos can predict and switch in on said Grass Knot.

Back