• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Link Nuzlocke Background Art

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    IHey everyone! I'm doing a Pokemon Crystal Soul Link Nuzlocke challenge on Youtube, and of course needed a background behind our video recordings. Below, you can see the image I created for it and I wanted some feedback/criticism so that I can possibly make it better. You can see what the background looks like with some "content" in it in the second image. It's a bit too late to change it for the videos that are already produced, but if the changes are minor enough, I could work the changes into later videos in the series. Also, I can lessons learned and apply them to videos in later series's.

Sorry that I can't seem to get the images to show up... but you can copy and paste the URLs or click the link to watch the video.

Attachments

• 1*o2ryGcNLx5GJVUiILICHzQ.png
      1*o2ryGcNLx5GJVUiILICHzQ.png
      189.3 KB · Views: 8
    • 1*rDQjlQDHHZ_eDms8IhDokw.jpeg
      1*rDQjlQDHHZ_eDms8IhDokw.jpeg
      165.8 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey! I hope it's okay, I went into your post and turned your links (no idea why they were broken, I tried on my own posts and I couldn't get the images to show up either) into attachments so they could be viewed by everyone without c+ping the URL.

I think your current set up is well made. It's clear, the focus is on the games, you're well positioned in the frame and not taking up too much space, and the background / other elements are not intrusive or ostentatious at all. If this is the format you've been using, I say keep using it! I suppose there are *some* niche, aesthetic things you could do - like including actual images of the respective badges instead of just circles, but that's inconsequential at best. You're doing fine. 8)

Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Thanks a lot. I think the image thing may have had to do with hot linking being denied out something. Should tried uploading them to a different server. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I definitely tried using the real badge images, but I just couldn't create the aesthetics that I wanted with them, so I decided to go more abstract.

Back