• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Soul Silver...Heart Gold...Which is the difference?

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    Hello!I haven't played silver or gold and i am very excited for their remakes!I was just wondering one thing!Soul Silver...Heart Gold...Which is the difference beetwen these 2 games?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Different Pokémon really. You can catch Lugia and Ho-oh in both, but you catch one before the other in one version, and vice-versa in the other. Other than that, I can't really think of anything... I need to brush up a bit on them. Time to go back to the good ol' days! lol :D

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    Thanks,but i need to know more,cause i have to choose....I think Heart Gold....

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
    You've got till spring 2010 before it comes out in Europe... unless you're buying the JP or US versions?

I don't think there is much difference between the two other than you can only catch certain pokemon in one and others in the other. You can only catch (legendaries) Ho-oh in gold and Lugia in silver. The three Legendary hounds (Suicune etc etc) are caught in both, and the main storyline will be the same in both.

Have a look here: https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Actually TigerSwift - and sorry to go off-topic - both the US and EU get HGSS at the same release time now. =)

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    I know i have to wait until spring TigerSwift and you can catch both legendaries(lugia,ho-oh) in both games(hg,ss)

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    You've got till spring 2010 before it comes out in Europe... unless you're buying the JP or US versions?

I don't think there is much difference between the two other than you can only catch certain pokemon in one and others in the other. You can only catch (legendaries) Ho-oh in gold and Lugia in silver. The three Legendary hounds (Suicune etc etc) are caught in both, and the main storyline will be the same in both.

Have a look here: https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/

Ho-oh and lugia can be caught in both as already mentioned

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Lugia = lvl 70 in silver
    Ho-Oh = lvl 40 in silver

ho-oh = lvl 70 in gold
    lugia = lvl 40 in gold

Only thing i know

I am pretty sure it is this..:

HEARTGOLD

1.Ho-oh - lv. 45
    2. Lugia - lv. 70 ( has not been confirmed what level)

SOULSILVER

1. Lugia - lv. 45
    2. Ho-oh - lv. 70 (has not been confirmed what level)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I am pretty sure it is this..:

HEARTGOLD

1.Ho-oh - lv. 45
    2. Lugia - lv. 70 ( has not been confirmed what level)

SOULSILVER

1. Lugia - lv. 45
    2. Ho-oh - lv. 70 (has not been confirmed what level)

yeah, i think that sounds better- other than Pokemon and how the legendaries are presented, i can't really remember a big difference

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    Thanks guys,you are helping me a lot!Do you know about any other different pokemon(except kyogre and groudon)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There are many differences between the two game. For example, the main character (player) might have a different, colored outfit according to the game you're playing.

Spring 2010 is still a long way. More spoils might be released until then.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    If the remakes follow the same formula as the others:

Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Spinarak, Ariados, Gligar, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and Mantine can only be caught in Gold version, while Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Ledyba, Ledian, Delibird, Skarmory, Phany, and Donphan can only be caught in Silver version, Also, what the above said.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    I know that Ho-oh is caught before Lugia in Gold and vice-versa in Silver.

And, being a big fan of Arcanine I know that they can only be caught in HeartGold/Gold. And I'm pretty sure Skarmory is Silver-only.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Silver you get Luigia before and i LOVE luigia so im taking soul silver (and cuz i had silver for gba lol)

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    If the remakes follow the same formula as the others:

Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Spinarak, Ariados, Gligar, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and Mantine can only be caught in Gold version, while Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Ledyba, Ledian, Delibird, Skarmory, Phany, and Donphan can only be caught in Silver version, Also, what the above said.

You forgot, Houndoor is also another Silver-obtainable Pokemon.

Back