• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soulcalibur IV [XBL + PSN]

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Soulcalibur IV [XBL + PSN]

Introduction
    Yo! Welcome to PC's unofficial Soulcalibur IV thread. For those of you unaware, Soulcalibur IV is the fifth installment in the popular Soulcalibur 3D fighting game series by Namco. Including the guest, as well as bonus characters, the total roster numbers around 34, not to mention the ability to customize your own character with it's own unique look and feel! Probably the most notable feature about this installment is that fact that it allows online matches between players. I thought it'd be interesting to see who on PC has and/or is getting the game, as well as who would be available for online matches. For convenience sake, I'll keep a master list. So, yeah, discuss, complain, praise, whatever.

Online Players
    Xbox Live
    .fate (Plufael)

Playstation Network

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Played it for about a week or so and don't really find it catching me I'm afraid :X The dumbed-down CaS mode is what hurt it most, I think.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I should have it either this week or next, just need to get someone to pick me up a copy. :D

XBL

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
    Picked up my copy for the 360, and Raphael is back!!! He's back to his old way which makes me happy. And I gotta practice with Ivy, because she's all different (again) and I sucked with her. Maxi's reach has been increased a tiny bit, its not too bad but I noticed. Nightmare got slowed down a bit too, because I wasn't landing as much as I would in 3. Holde is pretty fun to use, I love her mix of long and short quick attacks.

From what I've played, its not as good as 2, but way better than 3 and better balanced. And what's with Taki's sister? She's basically a female Cervantes. And Yoda is a giant pain in the ass he's so tiny, I can never hit him. He kinda sucks though, so whateva.

I think my mains are The Apprentice and Raphael.

Years
    I purchased the PS3 version a week ago. Overall, I like Soul Calibur IV a lot. It may not have much of a story, but it is fun and has a great battle system, not unlike Soul Calibur II, the only other Soul Calibur game I have played.

Usually, I like to battle using my own characters. However, when I am not playing as one of my characters, I mainly use Darth Vader, Voldo, and Cervantes. I also like to use Maxi, Taki, Kilik, and Yun-seong. Ivy's fighting style is interesting, but I find it difficult to control her.

Here is a list of the characters I have made so far.

Jessie from Pokemon
    James from Pokemon
    Zelos Wilder from Tales of Symphonia
    Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss
    Keele Zeibel from Tales of Eternia
    Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho
    Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho
    Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho
    Younger Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho
    Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho
    Gregory House from House M.D.
    Barry Burton from Resident Evil

I battled against The Apprentice last night in Arcade Mode. He pwned me seven times before I finally defeated him. He is a vicious and powerful fighter with excellent techniques. Naturally, I want to unlock him. However, I do not know how to do so. Anyone care to provide me with an explanation on how to unlock The Apprentice?

And what's with Taki's sister? She's basically a female Cervantes.
    She reminds me of Scissor Woman from Clock Tower 3.

Last edited:
    Back