• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver team

Years
  • Hey guys! I was wondering what you think of my team! I'm about to hit the elite four and wondering if I should change anything :

Gyarados Lv 44
    Ice Fang
    Blizzard
    Bite
    Dragon Pulse

Meganium lv 42
    Magical Leaf
    Cut
    Razor Leaf
    Petal Dance

Eevee lv 40 (I want flareon :()
    Bite
    Iron tail
    Quick Attack
    Helping hand
    (I want to get rid of the last two but I don't know what she should have)

Lugia lv 47
    Extrasensory
    Fly
    Hydro pump
    surf

Graveler lv 41
    Rollout
    Magnitude
    Strength
    Rock Smash

Electrode lv 39
    Sonicboom
    Self destruct
    thurder
    spark

Any thoughts? :bandit:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Hey guys! I was wondering what you think of my team! I'm about to hit the elite four and wondering if I should change anything :

Gyarados Lv 44
    Ice Fang
    Bizzard Dragon Dance
    Bite It can stay, but Thrash would probably be better
    Dragon Pulse Waterfall
    Basically, what you're gonna wanna do with this is Dragon Dance a few times, then use whichever move is more useful for the Situation.

Meganium lv 42
    Magical Leaf
    Cut Synthesis, consider getting a Rattata for Cut. It's called an HM slave.
    Razor Leaf Sunny Day. It will boost the healing power of Synthesis.
    Petal Dance I suggest you replace this with Solarbeam when possible. You can buy a TM but you can wait until it learns it at level 60 I think (wait until after the E4 if you go with this lol.)
    Sunny Day right off the bat to boost Synthesis' healing power, and cut Solarbeam's charging time. Just be careful with exactly how you use this set.

Bite
    Iron tail
    Quick Attack
    Helping hand Flamethrower
    (I want to get rid of the last two but I don't know what she should have)
    To be honest, Flareon doesn't have very many good options for moves. This is the best I can give you, someone else may do better.

Lugia lv 47
    Extrasensory Psychic, when possible
    Fly
    Hydro pump I don't know what to put here, but you've got surf, so you don't need it. Maybe bring it's Signature move... AEROBLAST
    surf

Graveler lv 41
    Rollout Stone Edge
    Magnitude
    Strength
    Rock Smash Earthquake
    First off, EVOLVE IT! You need to trade, so if you don't have two DSes and two games, check out the trade thread, someone there will be willing to help you.

Electrode lv 39
    Sonicboom
    Self destruct
    thurder
    spark
    OMG NOOOOOOOOOO. NEVER USE ELECTRODE! HE SUCKS! Get an ampharos. You can find it's first stage, Mareep, on the route below Violet City. Teach it something like this.

Discharge/Thunderbolt (TM)
    Power Gem
    Focus Blast (TM)
    Charge/Thunderwave/Signal Beam

Some moves it learns quite late, and you might have to wait until after the E4.

My comments in Bold. Overall, not too bad, but I think I made it better. Except for possibly the Meganium. If anyone disagrees, please state your own opinions.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    My comments in Bold. Overall, not too bad, but I think I made it better. Except for possibly the Meganium. If anyone disagrees, please state your own opinions.
    electrode is better for in game becuse it has greater speed and about the same sp atk also flareon is physical so flamethrower is a no no go with fire fang and ice fang on gayradoes for lance

Years
  • @ Weavile : Thanks for the help with Gyarados and Meganium! However with Lugia doesn't he learn aeroblast at level 85? That will take years haha :D Also I would love love to give him psychic but Its not available to me just yet :( I plan on giving graveler Earthquake as soon as I'm done with Victory Road :)
    Also where can I learn Flamethrower? Or in Dark Sandslashes case Flame fang??? :)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • @ Weavile : Thanks for the help with Gyarados and Meganium! However with Lugia doesn't he learn aeroblast at level 85? That will take years haha :D Also I would love love to give him psychic but Its not available to me just yet :( I plan on giving graveler Earthquake as soon as I'm done with Victory Road :)
    Also where can I learn Flamethrower? Or in Dark Sandslashes case Flame fang??? :)

about the Flareon, you have to evolve it from Eevee first. Then you might have to use a Heart Scale to relearn it, you may have missed it.
    Graveler: Don't teach it the TM for Earthquake cuz it learns it on it's own eventually. Same for Stone Edge.
    Lugia: WTF!!! I thought it knew Aeroblast from the start! I also understand about Psychic, and I think Lugia learns Psychic on it's own. Still might be after E4.

@Darksandslash: Don't suggest Voltorb. The moveset is TERRIBLE! I don't give a crap how much faster it is, Amphy's got better defensive stats, Good sp. Atk Stats, and a much better movepool. Electrode might be faster, but the movepool is highly inferior.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Comments in bold. I have a little different way of choosing moves for my in gamers. IMO it's better to attack hard and fast rather then setup and then attack while ingame, that's how I do it.

Hey guys! I was wondering what you think of my team! I'm about to hit the elite four and wondering if I should change anything :

Gyarados Lv 44
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake/Dragon Dance

You already have Ice Fang so Blizzard isn't a good idea. Waterfall is also an HM so you don't need a slave for it, and you can choose either DD or EQ or SE, depends on what you like, really.

Meganium lv 42
    Energy Ball
    Petal Dance
    Synthesis
    Reflect/Light Screen/Toxic/EQ/Return

Never ever put Cut on something... it's too weak. Magical Leaf and Razor Leaf are basically the same, only with a 5 point difference.

Bite
    Iron tail
    Quick Attack
    Shadow Ball

Switch in on ghosts, specifically Morty and the like, and then kill them with Shadow Ball because NPCs don't tend to switch much.

Lugia lv 47
    Aeroblast
    Dragon Rush
    Thunderbolt
    Waterfall

Just my personal preference, Thunderbolt is there for waters you can come into without taking too much damage.

Graveler lv 41
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide

Strength

Electrode lv 39
    Sonicboom
    Self destruct
    Thunder
    Gyro Ball

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    I agree that Electrode is terrible. Its high speed just means that you move first, which won't count for a lot given its weak attack stats.
    Use Magneton/Magnezone/Jolteon over Electrode.

TBH I think Magneton/zone + Gyarados can sweep the whole E4 by themselves.

Will can't hit Magne for super effective, and if you have Substitute his status effects won't work.

Koga can't either, since he spcializes in poison types. Thunderbolt will OHKO Crobat. Watch out for Forretress' Explosion. In fact, Forretress is completely unable to affect Ghost types, and Toxic Spikes won't matter since Magnezone is immune to poison, so setup as you wish.

Bruno can be beaten by Gyarados, just send him in first turn and Intimidate the Hitmontop. DD as much as you like and sweep the rest of his team. Make sure you've DDed enough to one-shot everything, or you'll take a swift Thunderpunch to the face.

Karen's Umbreon, Vileplume and Murkrow lose to Substitute Magne. Gengar and Houndoom will lose to Gyarados - DD once against the Gengar (while holding a Lum/Cheri Berry in case Lick paralyzes) and sweep. If Gengar uses Destiny Bond, DD again until he uses something else, then attack.

Against Lance, you'll want to start with someone other than Gyarados, then switch Gyarados in. If you lead with Gyarados you'll get Intimidated. Once you've switched in Gyarados and the enemy Gyarados has -1 Attack, DD twice (or more) and mop up with Waterfall and Ice Fang.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Ooh, I like the sound of Magneton. :] [/notmyteam]

Jolteon would be a hassle, it needs lots of EXP to level up plus, for some odd reason, Thunderstones are hard to come by because Game Freak thought it would be fabulous to make them "rare" and that we would be spending a lot of our time in the Pokeathlons...

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • hey guys what about electabuzz? im using it and its really handy this is what i have right now on it maybe get this
    thunderpunch
    discharge
    brick break
    headbutt(looking to learn ice punch)

i have a gyrados to! i have try this
    ice fang
    earthquake
    waterfall
    bite(goin for dragon dance)

graveler evole it! golem is just a big fat rock! dont teach the tm earthquake though it learns it

im sorry but meganium sucks but if you want a moveset go for what weavile05 said

awww no flareon! it sucks get an arcanine if your in heartgold have
    flamethrower/fire fang(whatever is higher in offense)
    crunch
    thunder fang
    extreme speed

lugiais just pointless dont worry about him he sucks

i hop i helped and sorry for all the "sucks" =)

Back