• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPECIAL: SHINY EV'ed GIVEAWAY!

Years
  • Rules:

Make me a GOOD team of 6 pokemon. You must LIST a strategy and explain how it will hold up against some counters. The best post by the end of the week will receive 10 OF MY EV'ED SHINNIES! These will be cloned. Also, if you are wondering, I will eventually be able to get EVERY pokemon you suggest, so you can submit anything. Please post away! :D

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • Rules:

Make me a GOOD team of 6 pokemon. You must LIST a strategy and explain how it will hold up against some counters. The best post by the end of the week will receive 10 OF MY EV'ED SHINNIES! These will be cloned. Also, if you are wondering, I will eventually be able to get EVERY pokemon you suggest, so you can submit anything. Please post away! :D

i was just making this EXACT thread for 15 of my ev'd pokes...... god damnit xD

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
    Years
  • Lol at how you two were gonna do the same thing. xD You should also state if you want it posted here or in PM form.

I might help out. And I might enter your tourney. Just haven't gotten a team together with a theme yet.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Rules:

Wait so whose the winner here?? The person literally gives you a good tip and you just clone your EVed and they're probably not even IVed but you still keep your original and get the tip. Pretty much you're winning not the person giving the tip. Even though the pokemon is the exact samething it just makes you feel like you're the winner while the person that gave you the tip just gets cloned stuff of yours.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • charizard,garchomp,palkia,houndoom,shedninja,ninjask
    palkia ha sa wide range of type moves so it is better to be vs the strongest opponent
    charizard has a good speed and attack stat so it is better at vs the solid opponents
    garchomp has good movesets so HAMMER THE OPPONENT WITH EVERYTHING ITS GOT! thats what he is good at
    shedninja is only hit by super effective attacks so if there is a really good pokemon that can't hit him he is invincible
    houndoom is a good all rounder and is better at being sent out first
    ninjask is known for its speed so when an opponent is powering up it will go first because of its speed stat and hopfully it makes the pokemon faint before it attacks

pm me if I win
    Hope it helps

psychicaqua

Psychic and Water Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2011
    How about a team like this

1. Articuno
    2. Rhyperior
    3. Mismagius
    4. Hippowdon
    5. Electrode
    6. Venusaur

This strategy would only work in double battles.

Teach the Articuno Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. That way, the move wont miss. If they try to use an electric type move against the articuno, your rhyperior will absorb the move with its ability. Also, I hear there's a one-hit KO move that it could learn too.The mismagius could learn perish song and maybe destiny bond. That way, if your opponent switches out, you could use destiny bond and their new pokemon will faint. Also, if it learns pain split, you could keep it in battle for longer.The Hippowdon would withstand thunder moves and know earthquake. Earthquake can destroy amost anything. The electrode would provide the electric part of your team, and if its hp is too low and your opponents is high, you could just use selfdestruct and get it over with. It also has the ability static to paralyze your foe on contact. Lastly, a venusaur can learn almost any spore there is, so it will be helpful with status problems and water types.

Years
  • Wait so whose the winner here?? The person literally gives you a good tip and you just clone your EVed and they're probably not even IVed but you still keep your original and get the tip. Pretty much you're winning not the person giving the tip. Even though the pokemon is the exact samething it just makes you feel like you're the winner while the person that gave you the tip just gets cloned stuff of yours.

I have very good pokemon. These are not only EVed, but also have good IVs. And I don't see how I get the better deal, as you can give me YOUR TEAM. All I need is a good strategy.

charizard,garchomp,palkia,houndoom,shedninja,ninjask
    palkia ha sa wide range of type moves so it is better to be vs the strongest opponent
    charizard has a good speed and attack stat so it is better at vs the solid opponents
    garchomp has good movesets so HAMMER THE OPPONENT WITH EVERYTHING ITS GOT! thats what he is good at
    shedninja is only hit by super effective attacks so if there is a really good pokemon that can't hit him he is invincible
    houndoom is a good all rounder and is better at being sent out first
    ninjask is known for its speed so when an opponent is powering up it will go first because of its speed stat and hopfully it makes the pokemon faint before it attacks

pm me if I win
    Hope it helps

Thanks, your team will be considered.

Uhm.. Is it ok to send in a uber team? xD

Nope, standard rules sorry.

How about a team like this

1. Articuno
    2. Rhyperior
    3. Mismagius
    4. Hippowdon
    5. Electrode
    6. Venusaur

This strategy would only work in double battles.

Teach the Articuno Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. That way, the move wont miss. If they try to use an electric type move against the articuno, your rhyperior will absorb the move with its ability. Also, I hear there's a one-hit KO move that it could learn too.The mismagius could learn perish song and maybe destiny bond. That way, if your opponent switches out, you could use destiny bond and their new pokemon will faint. Also, if it learns pain split, you could keep it in battle for longer.The Hippowdon would withstand thunder moves and know earthquake. Earthquake can destroy amost anything. The electrode would provide the electric part of your team, and if its hp is too low and your opponents is high, you could just use selfdestruct and get it over with. It also has the ability static to paralyze your foe on contact. Lastly, a venusaur can learn almost any spore there is, so it will be helpful with status problems and water types.

I forgot to mention standard rules. This includes OHKO clause -.-

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • UU Rain Dance Team

Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Hasty
    Static
    EVs: 252 atk/ 228 spd/ 28 sp. Atk

~Explosion
    ~Thunder
    ~Taunt
    ~RD (Rain Dance)

Standard RD Electrode lead. He taunts if he fears an SR or some move of that variation, then proceeds to set up rain and go kaboom. Thunder is there for a 100 acc. Powerful STAB move to take out leads like Crobat that are weak to it.

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 16 spd

~RD
    ~Return
    ~Waterfall
    ~Ice Punch

A nice physical sweeper in the rain. EVs are set up so he is pretty bulky and can survive a hit. Rain Dance is there just in case the rain has gone away, the other moves are pretty standard. Return is there for Quagsire, and Ice Punch and Waterfall provide good solid physical attacks, Waterfall getting a 3x boost from rain and STAB. Damp Rock could be switched to Life Orb for more damage in place of longer rain.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
    Modest
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 hp/ 252 sp. Atk/ 252 spd

~RD
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam

This Ludicolo right here makes for a great special sweeper. He's not super fast regularly, but in rain he's an absolute beast. Rain Dance is a given. Energy Ball and Surf are nice STAB moves, and Surf absolutely destroys anything that doesn't wall it and/or is resistant to it. Ice beam provides good support for Flying types that want to try a Brave Bird. Again, the Damp Rock can be switched here for Life Orb.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Dry Skin
    EVs: 6 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd

~SD
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Cross Chop

This Toxicroak is a complete monster in the UU Metagame. It can hit almost anything for neutral damage there. Swords Dance is obligatory for a physical set. Stone Edge rips through Flying types, a well-placed Sucker Punch can OHKO a Psychic type after an SD, and Cross Chop provides monstrous power with STAB. Dry Skin is a huge part of this set as it nullifies the effect of Life Orb when there is rain.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Volt Absorb
    EVs: 40 hp/ 136 sp. Atk/ 252 sp. Def/ 80 spd

~Surf
    ~Thunder
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Wave

Lanturn is a very good Special Wall in UU. The EV spread is pretty standard. Most defensive pokes carry T-Wave, which can easily cripple sweepers, and with some prediction and Volt Absorb, Lanturn will not only neutralize T-Wave, it will heal him. Surf provides good STAB in the rain, as does Thunder with 100 acc. Ice beam can take out grass types that would be threatening otherwise, and Thunder Wave can cripple opposing sweepers.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 80 hp/ 252 Atk/ 176 spd

~SD
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Waterfall

The final poke in this team, and the final physical sweeper. Kabutops is a very powerful pokémon, but lacks the speed to do a great deal of sweeping. The ability Swift Swim changes all that. Kabutops can dish out a world of hurt to anything after a Swords Dance. X-Scissor provides much needed support for Grass types and Psychic types that could otherwise provide a problem for Kabutops. Stone Edge provides marvelous STAB and great base power, and Waterfall annihilates most enemies with rain, STAB, and a 20% flinch chance.

I use this team in UU, and I have had magnificent results with it. I hope you do to. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, how can you consider Dark Aron's team if it includes Palkia, an Uber.

Years
  • My strategy:

Espeon
    Flygon
    Bibarel
    Togekiss
    Jolteon
    Drapion

-Varying Strategy

-Espeon uses skill swap on Flygon and Flygon uses earthquake. Espeon escapes damage and Flygon can bounce back Poisen and most noteably burn back on other pokemon.
    -Espeon skill swaps with Simple ability Bibarel and follows up with substitute and calm mind for quick stat increase. switch to Togekiss to draw attention with Follow Me. Then send out Drapion and either use Accupressure on Espeon or skill swap to get the Battle Armor ability to keep from getting critted.
    -Espeon skill swaps with Jolteon while Jolteon uses Discharge recovering Espeons HP.
    -All pokemon are also capable of straightforward battling if Espeon gets knocked out.

Years
  • UU Rain Dance Team

Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Hasty
    Static
    EVs: 252 atk/ 228 spd/ 28 sp. Atk

~Explosion
    ~Thunder
    ~Taunt
    ~RD (Rain Dance)

Standard RD Electrode lead. He taunts if he fears an SR or some move of that variation, then proceeds to set up rain and go kaboom. Thunder is there for a 100 acc. Powerful STAB move to take out leads like Crobat that are weak to it.

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 16 spd

~RD
    ~Return
    ~Waterfall
    ~Ice Punch

A nice physical sweeper in the rain. EVs are set up so he is pretty bulky and can survive a hit. Rain Dance is there just in case the rain has gone away, the other moves are pretty standard. Return is there for Quagsire, and Ice Punch and Waterfall provide good solid physical attacks, Waterfall getting a 3x boost from rain and STAB. Damp Rock could be switched to Life Orb for more damage in place of longer rain.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
    Modest
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 hp/ 252 sp. Atk/ 252 spd

~RD
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam

This Ludicolo right here makes for a great special sweeper. He's not super fast regularly, but in rain he's an absolute beast. Rain Dance is a given. Energy Ball and Surf are nice STAB moves, and Surf absolutely destroys anything that doesn't wall it and/or is resistant to it. Ice beam provides good support for Flying types that want to try a Brave Bird. Again, the Damp Rock can be switched here for Life Orb.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Dry Skin
    EVs: 6 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd

~SD
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Cross Chop

This Toxicroak is a complete monster in the UU Metagame. It can hit almost anything for neutral damage there. Swords Dance is obligatory for a physical set. Stone Edge rips through Flying types, a well-placed Sucker Punch can OHKO a Psychic type after an SD, and Cross Chop provides monstrous power with STAB. Dry Skin is a huge part of this set as it nullifies the effect of Life Orb when there is rain.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Volt Absorb
    EVs: 40 hp/ 136 sp. Atk/ 252 sp. Def/ 80 spd

~Surf
    ~Thunder
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Wave

Lanturn is a very good Special Wall in UU. The EV spread is pretty standard. Most defensive pokes carry T-Wave, which can easily cripple sweepers, and with some prediction and Volt Absorb, Lanturn will not only neutralize T-Wave, it will heal him. Surf provides good STAB in the rain, as does Thunder with 100 acc. Ice beam can take out grass types that would be threatening otherwise, and Thunder Wave can cripple opposing sweepers.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 80 hp/ 252 Atk/ 176 spd

~SD
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Waterfall

The final poke in this team, and the final physical sweeper. Kabutops is a very powerful pokémon, but lacks the speed to do a great deal of sweeping. The ability Swift Swim changes all that. Kabutops can dish out a world of hurt to anything after a Swords Dance. X-Scissor provides much needed support for Grass types and Psychic types that could otherwise provide a problem for Kabutops. Stone Edge provides marvelous STAB and great base power, and Waterfall annihilates most enemies with rain, STAB, and a 20% flinch chance.

I use this team in UU, and I have had magnificent results with it. I hope you do to. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, how can you consider Dark Aron's team if it includes Palkia, an Uber.

Fantastic team! Certainly at the top! Oh true, :P.

My strategy:

Espeon
    Flygon
    Bibarel
    Togekiss
    Jolteon
    Drapion

-Varying Strategy

-Espeon uses skill swap on Flygon and Flygon uses earthquake. Espeon escapes damage and Flygon can bounce back Poisen and most noteably burn back on other pokemon.
    -Espeon skill swaps with Simple ability Bibarel and follows up with substitute and calm mind for quick stat increase. switch to Togekiss to draw attention with Follow Me. Then send out Drapion and either use Accupressure on Espeon or skill swap to get the Battle Armor ability to keep from getting critted.
    -Espeon skill swaps with Jolteon while Jolteon uses Discharge recovering Espeons HP.
    -All pokemon are also capable of straightforward battling if Espeon gets knocked out.

Hmm nice :D I will think about it.

Years
  • Team Ferral

(all lv 100)
    for double battle

1.Zapdos
    Thunderbolt
    Drll Peck
    Swagger
    Arial Ace

2.Blastoise
    Bite
    Water Pulse
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake

3.Blaziken
    Sky Uppercut
    Blaze Kick
    Flame Thrower
    Earthquake

4.Gallade
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake

5.Tyrranitar
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch

6.Empoleon
    Bubble Beam
    Hydo Pump
    Drill Peck
    Aqua Jet

strategy
    Using 1 and 2 Im given the advantage of fighting with supereffective moves. Since
    Zapdos is flying it is unaffected by earthquake from Blastoise. Blastoise is good with defense and attack and will use 2 water, 1 ground, and another attack. Zapdos has a high critical hit rate with drill peck and works well with thunderbolt and may faint first, so then Blaziken or Gallade take the fight with Blastoise.
    Gallade has a long range for supereffective attacks and can momentarily remove
    an enemie's Pokemon with high speed. However it will fall fast and be replaced by Blaziken-which has powerful fighting and fire skills. Blastoise or Blaziken may fall and be replaced with Tyrranitar which attacks heavily. And also Empleon of water and steel-very hard to faint unless you have its weaknesses. Each have very certain weaknesses and some require weaknesses to be exploited to faint.

What do you think?

goldemuse6

Muse
    Years
  • Standard OU Team

Azelf@Choice Scarf
    Naive
    252 SPD 176 ATK 80 SP ATK
    Trick
    Stealth Rock
    Fire Blast
    Explosion

Start the battle with a trick, breaks leads such as ninjask or yanmega, forces switched on must bulky leads, and prevents stealth rock on anything that tries to taunt.
    Stealth rock on the switch, fire blast deals with metagross and scizor, then kaboom when you are done.

Lapras @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    252 HP 252 DEF 4 SP ATK
    Tbolt
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Protect

Makes a great dragon dance counter. Can take a +1 life orb outrage from salamence then KO with Ice Beam. Does the same to Kingdra and Gyarados with Tbolt. Toxic then Protect stall on other walls.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 ATK 252 SPD 4 HP
    Technician
    Bullet Punch
    U turn
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Standard Choice band Scizor. Pretty self explanatory. Bullet punch just flat out hurts. Pursuit genger and azelf as they switch out. U turn if you expect a switch, and superpower KO's Heatran if he tries to switch in.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    252 SPD 252 SP ATK 4 HP
    Flamethrower
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse/Trick

You can run either Timid or Modest, but I prefer Timid as it allows you to outrun Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross and Adamant Ninjask before a speed boost. Pretty self explanatory special sweeper. You can go with trick over dark pulse as scizor can deal with mose ghosts. Blissey tends to switch into this set, so what is better than put choice scarf on a bliss.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
    Impish
    Intimidate
    252 HP 184 SPD 72 DEF
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge/Sucker Punch

Useful spinner, as he resists stealth rock and is easy to get into Play thanks to intimidate. Spin away the rocks, toxic whatever you can, then hit things with close combat and stone edge. Without intimdate factpred in, he can take a life orb'd ice punch from weavile, then KO back with close combat. Stone Edge hits Gyarados and Salamence that want to set up on you. Sucker Punch can also be used to hit Ghosts that will switch into you rapid spins. Speed is there to outrun Adamant Tyranitar.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 DEF 252 SP DEF 4 HP
    Shadow Sneak
    Will o Wisp
    Pain Split
    Fire Punch

Standard bulk. Can wall most things and cripple physical sweepers with will o wisp. Pain split plus low HP gets maximum gain from pain split. Shadow sneak so you always beat Gengar. Fire Punch hits scizor and forretress hard.

Last edited:

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
  • sorry I didn't know you couldn't have ubers but can you still consider it as I didn't know ^^

not only that but that was a very weak team u suggested. most of the team was weak to rock types. not only that, a well trained Salamence with any over 303 Spe takes out the majority and a set up stealth rock or entry hazard would kill shedinja. im not trying to its not a good idea but i had put more thought into it.

on the other hand back to topic. y dont u just run a Sandstorm team?

OU Sandstorm

Hippowdon Lead, Set Up, Physical Wall
    Impish, Leftovers.

252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Slack Off
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Roar / Toxic / Stone Edge / Ice Fang

Send him first out as ur lead to set up the weather conditions

This would be your pyhsical wall as its switches in great with Salamence, SD Lucario which wont be OHKO'd and Tyranitar.It can set up the entry hazard and then use Slack Off to recover any damage it takes, and it can even utilize Roar effectively to pile up residual damage on your opponent's team. Ice Fang may seem like it has good coverage, but it is only more powerful than Earthquake against Flying-types, which frequently employ Roost anyway. Salamence, the only Pokémon that Ice Fang deals significant damage to; Salamence is almost as crippled by Roar, and Flygon is rare and is not going to deal much damage to Hippowdon anyway. Stone Edge deals more damage to Flying-types, notably Gyarados, who loves to switch into Hippowdon. Finally, Toxic is a great move all around and goes perfectly with Hippowdon's stalling capabilities, though you should watch out for Substitute.

Lucario Late Game Sweeper
    Adamant, Life Orb/ Focus Sash, Inner Focus

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ ExtremeSpeed/ Crunch
    ~ Ice Punch/ Crunch

Lucario has the best typing for late game sweeping. With sandstorm immunity and toxic immunity, what more can you ask for? SD him up so his atk power will well over be STAB 450 and more with Life Orb. Ice Punch will give you some leverage over pokemon like Salamence, Glicor and other Ground Pokemon. the only thing is that bulky ghost pokemon takes 2 of ur moves away so Crunch could be a more viable option over ExtremeSpeed or Ice Punch. Brick Break has a 35% of OHKO'ing Blissy since its mostly a Special Wall, can Crunch can OHKO Gengar, Rotom + Appliances, and can certainly do damage against pokemon like Cresselia and Dusknoir who are switching into Crunch.

Foretress Physical Wall, Set Up
    Bold, leftovers

252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Sp. Def [ 0 Spe IVs ]

~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Explosion

Does this really need an explaination?

Scizor Physical Sweeper
    Adamant/ Life Orb, Technician

252 Atk/ 32 Hp/ 224 Spe

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Brick Break / Superpower
    ~ X-Scissor / Roost

The basic idea is to Swords Dance as early as possible, giving Scizor a sky high Attack stat. Bullet Punch would normally be used to pick off faster, frail enemies such as Azelf and Gengar (who are both easily OHKOed after a Swords Dance). However, due to the immense power of Bullet Punch after taking into account STAB, Technician, Swords Dance, and Life Orb, you'll find yourself using it as your main attack.

Heatran Sp. Sweeper
    Modest/ Chioce Band or Life Orb

252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

~ Flamethrower
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Dragon Pulse / WoW
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

this Heatran is your Sp. Sweeper and can cause some serious damage for some since Choice Band will outspeed even a DD Gyara. Flamethrower over Fire Blast is better since Flamethrower has more accuarcy and atleast you know it wont miss. Since Dragon Pulse is already in a slot you can hit Dragon types already, but Wil-o-Wisp might be better for u if your planning on running a HP Ice. HP Grass will get rid of some common bulky waters like Suicune and Swampert. Basically move-set is personally preference. but its is recommended not to be tempted to use Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, or Ancient Power since their type coverage is poor.

Swampert Tank
    Relaxed, Leftovers

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA

~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Surf
    ~ Roar

The advantage of this set over a purely physical set is more powerful Water and Ice attacks. Surf does more damage than Waterfall to the majority of Swampert's fellow Ground-types, as they usually possess high Defense and poor Special Defense. This will be very effective if stealth rock is set up since you can use Roar to cripple the opponent. And Ice Beam can really put a dent in Ground, Flying, and Dragon type users, as well as some walls like Celebi.

There are many options to effectively use a Sanstorm team. But i think this a good team to go with. Other vaible options are Glicor, Skarmory, Bronzong or Rampardos. Credit to Smogon for helping me put this team and info 2gether.

Last edited:

Atomic Sharks

All-round trainer
    Years
  • Salamance holding focus sash,
    move set Dragon Dance, EQ, Dragon calw, fly

Use dragon dance at the beggining so if salamnce would have died focus sash would save him and because Dragon Dance ups speed and attack chances are you are gonna go first and then use EQ on him or play upon their weakness

Draginite Focus sash
    move set thunder bolt, EQ, Dragon Claw, Giga impact,

use thunder bolt if using against ice, EQ against thinder type, Dragon calw against dragons, and when you know your draginite is gonna die the next hit use giga impact to get a lot of damage against him

Rampardos focus sash
    Move set Rock Polish, EQ, stone ege, crunch

use rock polish so if they would have killed him he would survive, and then he would go first almost always and his EQ would kill a lot stone edge for birds and crunch for dark and ghost types

Tyrannitar Focus Sash
    move set Ddance, EQ, stone edge and crunch

use Ddance to get stronger and same as above pretty much

Togekiss Focus Sash
    move set Nasty Plot, Air slash, extreeme speed, aura sphere

use nasty plot to up your attack and air slash lower their health, then if they are still alive use extreeme speed, and aura sphere for rock, steel, and ground types

feraligator Focus sash
    move set ice beam, hydro pump, dig, dragon pulse

he's just plain water which only got 2 weakness's grass and thunder, dig covers thunder, ice beam for grass, dragon pulse for dragons that know thunder moves
    and hydro pump to destroy all those rock and fire types

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Awesome OU Stall team

Lead:
    Hippowdon @ lefties
    252 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 40 SpD
    Impish
    SR
    Roar/Toxic
    EQ
    Slack Off

Comments:
    Hippo is great at setting up rocks and is bulky enough to take many physical hits and then roar away many boosting pokemon. Slack off adds greatly to his staying/stalling power. Although roar is preffered, toxic + slack off is useful quasi-toxistalling

Skarmory @ Shed Shell/Lefties
    Keen Eye
    252 HP / 200 Def / 40 SpD / 16 Spe
    Impish
    Whirlwind
    Spikes
    Roost
    Brave Bird

Comments: standard skarmory. Similar purpose to hippowdon with just many more resists but less attacking power. Spikes and whirlwind pile on the damage and roost is good if u can predict t-bolts or stone edges as well as providing recovery. Brave Bird is skarmory's most reliable STAB and he doesn't mind the recoil much anyway.

Blissey @ lefties
    Natural Cure
    252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
    Calm
    Wish
    Protect/Softboiled
    Flamethrower/Ice Beam
    Toxic/T-wave

Comments: Standard blissey, works very well with skarmory. Wish is mostly for team support and also good recovery in tandem with protect which is prefered over softboiled for scouting purposes. Flamethrower and Ice Beam are blissey's most reliable attack options and the other two are good status options. Flamethrower and toxic are prefered but if hippowdon has toxic then t-wave is probably better.

Celebi@ Lefties
    252 HP / 216 Def / 8 SpD / 32 Spe
    Bold
    Recover/Leech Seed
    Perish Song
    Grass Knot/Energy Ball
    U-turn

Comments: Celebi's best use is for stalling. Perish song is really for pseudo-hazing and anally rapes baton pass teams. Grass knot is celebi's main form of attack. Energy ball can be used if u know ur opponents dudes are light but swampert, tyranitar, and hippowdon are hit much harder by grass knot. Recover is obviously for recovering and it helps to stall. Leech seed can be used for some more team support but recover largely preffered. U-turn can be used for scouting and is also quite useful against other celebi. It also helps u to switch out to the appropriate wall or phaser as needing while also getting in some damage.

Tentacruel @ Lefties
    Liquid Ooze
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
    Calm
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Knock Off/Hidden Power Electric

Comments: Tentacruel finally gives the team all 3 types of residual damage. Although this may seem extremely redundant with toxic. Togekiss, Azelf, Zapdos, and Gyarados all are immune to toxic spikes but toxic spikes is better with the two phazers. Tentacruel also serves as this teams spinner to help break other stall teams. Surf is a good stab move for tentacruel and knock off generally hampers a lot of opposing stall teams by eliminating their lefties. HP electric has uses if u want to take out opposing tentacruels.

The last slot comes down to 3 pokes
    Heatran @ lefties/shed shell
    Flash Fire
    248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 SpD
    Modest
    Lava Plume/Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Comments: This rest-talk heatran is very useful in absorbing fireblasts aimed at skarmory as well as serving as a backup blissey in the case of a SD lucario, Agiligross, or another sweeper. Lava Plume is preffered for the higher burn rate which is useful on this team however Fire Blast is for more power. Earth Power is mainly for coverage and the spD drop is useful in causing switches, further piling up residual damage. Despite packing more punch than the other two optional pokes, Heatran lacks a physical walling ability and is pretty much just a second blissey.

Dusknoir @ Lefties
    Pressure
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    Impish
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Fire Punch
    Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

Comments: Dusknoir is a great choice as a rapid spin blocker as it alienates almost all good OU rapid spinners namely non-CBed Donphan, Forretress, non-specs Starmie, and Tentacruel. Will-o-wisp absolutely cripples physical attackers making blissey's job so much easier. The elemental punches are just dusknoirs best forms of coverage. Thunder Punch is mostly for gyarados and starmie while ice punch is for most OU dragons and gliscor. Pain split is dusknoir's only non-rest recovery move but is very useful because of his low HP and Spe, meaning he can take a hit and then pain split to do some significant damage. Shadow sneak is also an option to kill gengar in the last slot

Rotom-h @ Lefties
    Bold
    Levitate
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    Thunderbolt / Discharge
    Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fighting
    Overheat
    Will-O-Wisp / Reflect

Comments: Rotom-h is arguably one of the best if not the best rapid spin blocker in OU.
    Will-O-wisp and reflect are both there to severely hamper physical powerhouses. Overheat is Rotom-h's exclusive move (to all rotom formes) and is very useful when coupled with his other attacks for good coverage. It is also useful against scizor, forretress, and weavile, although the latter probably dislikes HP fighting more. The choice between T-bolt and Discharge is merely a decision of 15 more basepower or 20% more paralysis rate. Shadow Ball is secondary-stab and is very useful in taking out ghosts and psychics like azelf, gengar, and alakazam. Hidden Power Fighting is mainly for tyranitar and weavile.

Although the team lacks an offensive powerhouse, it is very good at countering many of the common threats in the OU metagame. I have used this team on shoddy battle and it is extremely effective at stalling out opponents. If u want, the last slot or skarmory can be replaced by a good sweeper like DD Mence, SD lucario or Agiligross.

If I win this I was wondering if u could ev six of my pokes and only have me choose less pokes from ur trade thread because I really need to grind these ev's for ur tournament.

Years
  • not only that but that was a very weak team u suggested. most of the team was weak to rock types. not only that, a well trained Salamence with any over 303 Spe takes out the majority and a set up stealth rock or entry hazard would kill shedinja. im not trying to its not a good idea but i had put more thought into it.

on the other hand back to topic. y dont u just run a Sandstorm team?

OU Sandstorm

Hippowdon Lead, Set Up, Physical Wall
    Impish, Leftovers.

252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Slack Off
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Roar / Toxic / Stone Edge / Ice Fang

Send him first out as ur lead to set up the weather conditions

This would be your pyhsical wall as its switches in great with Salamence, SD Lucario which wont be OHKO'd and Tyranitar.It can set up the entry hazard and then use Slack Off to recover any damage it takes, and it can even utilize Roar effectively to pile up residual damage on your opponent's team. Ice Fang may seem like it has good coverage, but it is only more powerful than Earthquake against Flying-types, which frequently employ Roost anyway. Salamence, the only Pokémon that Ice Fang deals significant damage to; Salamence is almost as crippled by Roar, and Flygon is rare and is not going to deal much damage to Hippowdon anyway. Stone Edge deals more damage to Flying-types, notably Gyarados, who loves to switch into Hippowdon. Finally, Toxic is a great move all around and goes perfectly with Hippowdon's stalling capabilities, though you should watch out for Substitute.

Lucario Late Game Sweeper
    Adamant, Life Orb/ Focus Sash, Inner Focus

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ ExtremeSpeed/ Crunch
    ~ Ice Punch/ Crunch

Lucario has the best typing for late game sweeping. With sandstorm immunity and toxic immunity, what more can you ask for? SD him up so his atk power will well over be STAB 450 and more with Life Orb. Ice Punch will give you some leverage over pokemon like Salamence, Glicor and other Ground Pokemon. the only thing is that bulky ghost pokemon takes 2 of ur moves away so Crunch could be a more viable option over ExtremeSpeed or Ice Punch. Brick Break has a 35% of OHKO'ing Blissy since its mostly a Special Wall, can Crunch can OHKO Gengar, Rotom + Appliances, and can certainly do damage against pokemon like Cresselia and Dusknoir who are switching into Crunch.

Foretress Physical Wall, Set Up
    Bold, leftovers

252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Sp. Def [ 0 Spe IVs ]

~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Explosion

Does this really need an explaination?

Scizor Physical Sweeper
    Adamant/ Life Orb, Technician

252 Atk/ 32 Hp/ 224 Spe

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Brick Break / Superpower
    ~ X-Scissor / Roost

The basic idea is to Swords Dance as early as possible, giving Scizor a sky high Attack stat. Bullet Punch would normally be used to pick off faster, frail enemies such as Azelf and Gengar (who are both easily OHKOed after a Swords Dance). However, due to the immense power of Bullet Punch after taking into account STAB, Technician, Swords Dance, and Life Orb, you'll find yourself using it as your main attack.

Heatran Sp. Sweeper
    Modest/ Chioce Band or Life Orb

252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

~ Flamethrower
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Dragon Pulse / WoW
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

this Heatran is your Sp. Sweeper and can cause some serious damage for some since Choice Band will outspeed even a DD Gyara. Flamethrower over Fire Blast is better since Flamethrower has more accuarcy and atleast you know it wont miss. Since Dragon Pulse is already in a slot you can hit Dragon types already, but Wil-o-Wisp might be better for u if your planning on running a HP Ice. HP Grass will get rid of some common bulky waters like Suicune and Swampert. Basically move-set is personally preference. but its is recommended not to be tempted to use Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, or Ancient Power since their type coverage is poor.

Swampert Tank
    Relaxed, Leftovers

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA

~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Surf
    ~ Roar

The advantage of this set over a purely physical set is more powerful Water and Ice attacks. Surf does more damage than Waterfall to the majority of Swampert's fellow Ground-types, as they usually possess high Defense and poor Special Defense. This will be very effective if stealth rock is set up since you can use Roar to cripple the opponent. And Ice Beam can really put a dent in Ground, Flying, and Dragon type users, as well as some walls like Celebi.

There are many options to effectively use a Sanstorm team. But i think this a good team to go with. Other vaible options are Glicor, Skarmory, Bronzong or Rampardos. Credit to Smogon for helping me put this team and info 2gether.

Salamance holding focus sash,
    move set Dragon Dance, EQ, Dragon calw, fly

Use dragon dance at the beggining so if salamnce would have died focus sash would save him and because Dragon Dance ups speed and attack chances are you are gonna go first and then use EQ on him or play upon their weakness

Draginite Focus sash
    move set thunder bolt, EQ, Dragon Claw, Giga impact,

use thunder bolt if using against ice, EQ against thinder type, Dragon calw against dragons, and when you know your draginite is gonna die the next hit use giga impact to get a lot of damage against him

Rampardos focus sash
    Move set Rock Polish, EQ, stone ege, crunch

use rock polish so if they would have killed him he would survive, and then he would go first almost always and his EQ would kill a lot stone edge for birds and crunch for dark and ghost types

Tyrannitar Focus Sash
    move set Ddance, EQ, stone edge and crunch

use Ddance to get stronger and same as above pretty much

Togekiss Focus Sash
    move set Nasty Plot, Air slash, extreeme speed, aura sphere

use nasty plot to up your attack and air slash lower their health, then if they are still alive use extreeme speed, and aura sphere for rock, steel, and ground types

feraligator Focus sash
    move set ice beam, hydro pump, dig, dragon pulse

he's just plain water which only got 2 weakness's grass and thunder, dig covers thunder, ice beam for grass, dragon pulse for dragons that know thunder moves
    and hydro pump to destroy all those rock and fire types

Both of you are entered! :]] I will make my decision by the end of the weekend.

Back