• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPECIAL: SHINY EV'ed GIVEAWAY!

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
Years
  • to richdevildog559

I don't think it is that weak T_T yes you made a point but it would work in most cases. I am not upset or angry I just thought it was quite good and everyone is talking about ubers I din't know about and bla bla bla bla
    I'm just saying don't take it personally

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    oh and i forgot to credit smogon for the individual movesets.

darh aron u need a specific moveset otherwise Ultima won't know what to do with ur team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • to richdevildog559

I don't think it is that weak T_T yes you made a point but it would work in most cases. I am not upset or angry I just thought it was quite good and everyone is talking about ubers I din't know about and bla bla bla bla
    I'm just saying don't take it personally

However if you could list the team in full details it would help.

oh and i forgot to credit smogon for the individual movesets.

darh aron u need a specific moveset otherwise Ultima won't know what to do with ur team.

You have a point there. If you just give me a team I may not be able to figure out the strategy. Yes, in battle I probably could win, but without strategy it is a lot harder.

Personally, I think this whole contest is a rip off, but whatever, to each their own.

Congratz to whoever 'wins' this.

First, before you prejudge this contest, look at what the reward is. Yes, they are cloned, but many people here clone anyways. I want you to take a long look at various threads on these forums and to pick at least five that do not have clones. You have to understand clones are worth as much as a regular pokemon. They are only worth less if you already HAVE them. It isn't very hard to give a strategy about your team.

Years
  • Yes. I will look at ALL submitted teams and chose the ones I like. Also, if you could actually get me the pokemon there would obviously be an extra reward.

Willis

Savior of Parcelyte
    Years
  • Basicly, your saying is this. "Tell me how I should battle, and trade me those pokemon and I will give you these Shiny EV'd pokemon, but I cloned them first so basicly, your just giving me info and I am giving you knock offs of my pokemon."

Does that sound just about right?

Years
  • Basicly, your saying is this. "Tell me how I should battle, and trade me those pokemon and I will give you these Shiny EV'd pokemon, but I cloned them first so basicly, your just giving me info and I am giving you knock offs of my pokemon."

Does that sound just about right?

First, if you give me your team, they should be clones (obviously). And clones are worth NO LESS than actual pokemon. I do not want at all for people to tell me how to battle, but rather to list a strategy for their team. Just because YOU feel like wasting everyone's time by ranting about how unfair my offer is does NOT mean that everyone else has to suffer. If you aren't going to be constructive, I suggest you leave my thread. Just for your information, it is a player's choice if they want to comply with this deal. I posted this thread for MY benefit. I originally wasn't going to give anything for listing teams, but I decided I would give the winner a prize for their efforts.

Oh, and by the way, most [if not all] of the "yours" in your post are gramatically incorrect. You should say "you're" instead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    Good job on that Sandstorm team. Namely that Scizor.

Maybe you should have credited Smogon for that Scizor description as it was word for word the exact description over at Smogon.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Not a perfect team, but I'll give it an earnest try.

Own Tempo Smeargle w/Brightpowder
    Double Team/ Minimize
    Defend Order/ Cosmic Power
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Truant Slaking w/Iron Ball/ Hard Stone
    Giga Impact
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Fling

Oblivious/ Own Tempo Lickilicky w/Focus Band/ Iron Ball
    Trick Room
    Belly Drum
    Power Whip/ Hammer Arm/ Earthquake/ Fling (only if it has an Iron Ball)
    Explosion

Download Porygon-Z w/ Wide Lens
    Blizzard
    Zap Cannon
    Lock-On
    Double Team/ (anything else that fits)

Pressure Dusknoir w/ Choice Scarf
    Trick
    Trick Room
    Mean Look
    Night Slash/ Shadow Punch/ Shadow Claw

Scrappy Kangaskhan w/ Salac Berry
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch
    Endure
    Reversal

Notes: You can exchange Slaking's Fling for Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch or Night Slash. Its Iron Ball can also be a Hard Stone if you don't want to sacrifice Speed.

UU Rain Dance Team

Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Hasty
    Static
    EVs: 252 atk/ 228 spd/ 28 sp. Atk

~Explosion
    ~Thunder
    ~Taunt
    ~RD (Rain Dance)

Standard RD Electrode lead. He taunts if he fears an SR or some move of that variation, then proceeds to set up rain and go kaboom. Thunder is there for a 100 acc. Powerful STAB move to take out leads like Crobat that are weak to it.

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 16 spd

~RD
    ~Return
    ~Waterfall
    ~Ice Punch

A nice physical sweeper in the rain. EVs are set up so he is pretty bulky and can survive a hit. Rain Dance is there just in case the rain has gone away, the other moves are pretty standard. Return is there for Quagsire, and Ice Punch and Waterfall provide good solid physical attacks, Waterfall getting a 3x boost from rain and STAB. Damp Rock could be switched to Life Orb for more damage in place of longer rain.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
    Modest
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 hp/ 252 sp. Atk/ 252 spd

~RD
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam

This Ludicolo right here makes for a great special sweeper. He's not super fast regularly, but in rain he's an absolute beast. Rain Dance is a given. Energy Ball and Surf are nice STAB moves, and Surf absolutely destroys anything that doesn't wall it and/or is resistant to it. Ice beam provides good support for Flying types that want to try a Brave Bird. Again, the Damp Rock can be switched here for Life Orb.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Dry Skin
    EVs: 6 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd

~SD
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Cross Chop

This Toxicroak is a complete monster in the UU Metagame. It can hit almost anything for neutral damage there. Swords Dance is obligatory for a physical set. Stone Edge rips through Flying types, a well-placed Sucker Punch can OHKO a Psychic type after an SD, and Cross Chop provides monstrous power with STAB. Dry Skin is a huge part of this set as it nullifies the effect of Life Orb when there is rain.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Volt Absorb
    EVs: 40 hp/ 136 sp. Atk/ 252 sp. Def/ 80 spd

~Surf
    ~Thunder
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Wave

Lanturn is a very good Special Wall in UU. The EV spread is pretty standard. Most defensive pokes carry T-Wave, which can easily cripple sweepers, and with some prediction and Volt Absorb, Lanturn will not only neutralize T-Wave, it will heal him. Surf provides good STAB in the rain, as does Thunder with 100 acc. Ice beam can take out grass types that would be threatening otherwise, and Thunder Wave can cripple opposing sweepers.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 80 hp/ 252 Atk/ 176 spd

~SD
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Waterfall

The final poke in this team, and the final physical sweeper. Kabutops is a very powerful pokémon, but lacks the speed to do a great deal of sweeping. The ability Swift Swim changes all that. Kabutops can dish out a world of hurt to anything after a Swords Dance. X-Scissor provides much needed support for Grass types and Psychic types that could otherwise provide a problem for Kabutops. Stone Edge provides marvelous STAB and great base power, and Waterfall annihilates most enemies with rain, STAB, and a 20% flinch chance.
    Not to butt in; this is a fantastic team, but what exactly do you do when someone uses Sunny Day, Taunt, Knock Off, Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, Trick, Acid Armor, Sandstorm, Hail, or any combination of those? Just a thought.

Last edited:

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • oh sorry right I'll list the movesets
    palkia fire blast,surf,spacial rend and thunder
    houndoom dark pulse,fire blast,flamethrower,will.o.wisp
    garchomp draco meteor,dragon rush,dragon dance,hyper beam
    ninjask agility,bug buzz, swords dance, slash
    shedninja shadow ball, grudge,heal block,shadow sneak
    charizard fire blast,hyper beam,flamethrower, free choice move

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
  • Good job on that Sandstorm team. Namely that Scizor.

Maybe you should have credited Smogon for that Scizor description as it was word for word the exact description over at Smogon.

thanks, maybe if u read all of the post u would have seen at the end that i did credit Smogon.

-Kaiser-

~ezio
    Years
  • The strategy is to use the time to spend Gliscor ATK and SPE for my Metagross early in the game and try to cause the most damage possible, and try to win at the beginning of the game, but if that is impossible to do (if the lead opopnente represents an enormous threat to Gross, and Heatran), Tyranitar is also an excellent option for receiving the boosts and try to win the game alone. If these two pokes are defeated before they realize the plan, the other half of my time cleaning enter the field and giving the victory, as are all fast and at least half the enemy team will be dead or in the margin of OHKO.

View individual

(Gliscor) (M) @ Yach Berry
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    EV's: 252 HP / 216 Spe / 40 ATK
    Jolly nature (+ Spe,-SAtk)
    -Swords Dance
    Polish-Rock
    -Baton Pass
    -Stealth Rock / Roost

Lead to begin the game with SR and set upar stats for Metagross. Prior had a Ninjask here, but needed something that was more resistant, and Gliscor is perfect for this, may be resistant in most cases at least the set upar SD. Well, the use of Roost> Stealth Rock, as in non-sashs leads pokemons are very rare and that the TTar break the sashs leads the most common.

(Metagross) @ Leftorves
    Ability: Clear Body
    EV's: 252 Akt / 196 Spe / 60 Def
    Adamant Nature (+ ATK,-SAtk)
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderpunch
    -Ice Punch

The main receiver boosts the Gliscor main responsible of the genocide and the opposing team. The EVS is to survive the Bullets and Extremespeeds as Punchs s with 20% of life and to pass Jolteons and Gyarados with 1 DD, Scarfs Heatrans and Scarfs Rotoms trick since I ****s. The moves are possible for maximum coverage beyond STAB monster that MM offers, besides the chance to raise even more sexy bad ATK Tongue.

(Tyranitar) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EV's: 64 SDef / 252 ATK / 184 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+ ATK,-SAtk)
    Stone-Edge
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Tail
    -Earthquake

Well, TTar was not part of original team, but the time came when I realized that lead Azelf was a very annoying thing "at this time, since it has Taunt with the strategy. Well, no Pursuit, it was an unnecessary blow, since preventing a poke means of escape that is stupid because I'm faster than anything that has not +2 in Spe greater speed and with that my 2HKoa and everything too. Lum Berry is because Choice Band initil in that time and Lum Berry is useful to enter the status inducers certainly has no status tenhp not absorb.

(Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV's: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Timid nature (+ Spe,-ATK)
    Lava-Pume / Flamethower
    Earth-Power
    -Substitute
    -Toxic / Stealth Rock

Well, this here is to get Heatran other Heatrans since it means leaving tense or Gliscor or Metagross in front of him, afraid of HP-Ice and Fire Blast, respectivamete. Well, I usually move quite this set, since SR is not that time of extreme emergency, but when I use Lava Pume is better because of burning things like Gyarados and TTares dangerous enemies,. Substitute is also obvious and Shuca Berry.

(Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 252 Spe / 216 Satk / 40 ATK
    Naive nature
    -Draco Meteor
    -Outrage
    -Flametrhower
    -Earthquake

Well, great wall breaker, always killing at least 1 opponent's poke, which is great, because with the Tyra atauqe massacrantes Gross general and only 1 ~ 3 pokes the enemy camp. Max speed because betting on races with 100 pokemons stat is legal. Not much to talk, enter it, break and die.

(Latias) (F) @ Leftorves
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid nature (+ Spe,-ATK)
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Calm Mind
    Recover -
    -Substitute

Sorry for bad english, but i can`t more than this...

Ku-Ri-Boh!

Silent Trainer...
    Years
  • SPECIAL: SHINY EV'ed GIVEAWAY!
    Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Iron Head
    - Trick
    - ThunderPunch / U-turn
    - Stealth Rock​
    Scarf Jirachi is overall a really solid lead. It stops a huge array of leads, ranging from the suicide leads such as Azelf and Aerodactyl, to the bulkier ones, Swampert, Hippowdon, and Bronzong.
    Gameplay: Jirachi makes sure I get Stealth Rock down no matter what, while it always steals the advantage early off my opponent thanks to Trick. Iron Head can be deadly should I be playing on a lucky day. :>
    I have changed U-turn to ThunderPunch, as this gives me one more option to revenge kill Gyarados if it has already managed to get a Dragon Dance.
    Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 220 HP/124 Def/164 Spe
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Lunar Dance
    - Psychic
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen​
    Introducing Lunar Dance Cresselia. "Use only if you acquire a surplus amount of bawls!"
    This Pokémon is what keeps my team in line, which you will most probably witness as well after reading through the whole team.
    Gameplay: The set is self-explanatory and simple to use. Keep Cresselia in 'til late game, where either Lucario or Tyranitar are heavily damaged (they should have have taken down most physical walls with them by then), bring this in, set up the two screens, and Lunar Dance for the sweep.
    During mid-game, Cresselia can prove itself useful by serving my walling needs against Ground/Fighting attacks and generally attacks that can't hit it for super effective damage.
    Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch
    - ExtremeSpeed​
    Adamant Lucario still remains the number one physical threat. Period. Defeats most stall teams with ease.
    Gameplay: Lucario will attempt to sweep two times. The first time is when I want to crack my opponent's defenses. I will start unleashing attacks left and right, while snatching any opportunities to Swords Dance. I won't hesitate to let Lucario absorb any status effects such as Thunder Wave from Celebi, as this will allow me to weaken said Pokémon next time Lucario attempts a sweep, thanks to Lunar Dance.
    Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Stone Edge​
    Tyranitar, unexpectedly, is my MVP every match. Nothing can safely counter Tyranitar.
    Gameplay: Tyranitar works in a similar manner as Lucario. Babiri Berry is there because the first time I will attempt a sweep, I'll need Tyranitar to take out any CB Scizors that attempt to Bullet Punch. Am sure all of you by now realised that Scizor is every DDtar's archnemesis, in the current metagame. Should this first step of taking out Scizor be achieved, Lunar Dance Cresselia will be waiting to heal Tyranitar giving it another chance to shine, this time with the exception of not having to face any Tyranitar counters assuming they have been weakened/taken out during the first DDTar attack.
    Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/164 Spe/92 SpA
    Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest​
    I needed something to shrug off Fire attacks launched at Jirachi and Lucario. I also needed something which would be elementally oriented, while also being able to beat Blissey. Suicune instantly sprang to mind.
    Gameplay: Suicune is usually my early switch in to the likes of Heatran and Infernape. Modest is there because I need to hit Celebi and Zapdos as hard as possible, while still maintaining enough Speed to outspeed both of their bulky variants. Definitely a Pokémon to look out for after it manages to get 2-3 Calm Minds under its belt.
    Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 Spe
    Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Ice Fang
    - Roost​
    Swords Dance on a bulky Gliscor is really deadly since not many attacks pack the punch to hit it for enough damage.
    Gameplay: In Gliscor, I've found the best Fighting/Bug defense someone can acquire in this game, as well as a dedicated, hidden sweeper which benefits from what my other physical hitters are trying to weaken. By the time I get this into the game, I'll have probably weakened my opponent's bulky Waters with Lucario and Tyranitar enough so that Gliscor picks up the trash at the very end.
    Hyper Cutter accompanied with Stone Edge provide me with extra Gyarados support as they allow me to KO as it switches in on Swords Dance.
    If Tyranitar/Lucario didn't manage to finish the game earlier, then this thing will.
    https://www.smogon.com/smog/

EDIT: Why not just PM the winners?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    That is NOT how you properly credit a source.

Copying and pasting large amounts of text and placing them in your posts is plagiarism - you credited them to "helping" you with your movesets - they did not "help", they created those movesets and should be properly cited.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • No one said anything about entering multiple teams or only having four pokemon, so I'm putting another one. Double battle this time:

Truant Slaking w/Iron Ball
    Giga Impact/ Return
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Fling

Sturdy Shuckle w/Custap Berry/ Babiri Berry/ Passho Berry/ Charti Berry
    Gastro Acid
    Double Team/ Swords Dance/ Acupressure
    Power Trick
    Stone Edge

Levitate Gengar w/Brightpowder/ Big Root
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Scrappy Miltank w/Salac Berry/ Custap Berry
    Milk Drink
    Thunder Wave
    Endure
    Reversal

Method: Slaking can start right away. Giga Impact is great for it, since it has to rest every other turn anyway. Once again, you can replace Fling with any good physical ghost or dark type move, or hold a Hard Stone so as to not have a speed decrease (Iron Ball gives Fling a power of 130; Hard Stone and Fossils give it 100). If you don't use Fling, you can instead hold a Chople Berry. Shuckle uses Gastro Acid to help out Slaking, eliminating its hindering ability. Shuckle then uses the stat-boosting move you chose until the stat is maximized. Now use Power Trick to give it an exceptional attack stat. If you used Double Team, Shuckle can avoid most moves. If you used Swords Dance, its new defense stat is perhaps half-decent. This whole combination gives you to amzingly tough physical sweepers. Shuckle may not last long, however. Gengar is self-explanatory.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That is NOT how you properly credit a source.

Copying and pasting large amounts of text and placing them in your posts is plagiarism - you credited them to "helping" you with your movesets - they did not "help", they created those movesets and should be properly cited.

Agreed. However, I will not take this into consideration, since I might as well go look at Smogon or Serebii myself.

No one said anything about entering multiple teams or only having four pokemon, so I'm putting another one. Double battle this time:

Truant Slaking w/Iron Ball
    Giga Impact/ Return
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Fling

Sturdy Shuckle w/Custap Berry/ Babiri Berry/ Passho Berry/ Charti Berry
    Gastro Acid
    Double Team/ Swords Dance/ Acupressure
    Power Trick
    Stone Edge

Levitate Gengar w/Brightpowder/ Big Root
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Scrappy Miltank w/Salac Berry/ Custap Berry
    Milk Drink
    Thunder Wave
    Endure
    Reversal

Method: Slaking can start right away. Giga Impact is great for it, since it has to rest every other turn anyway. Once again, you can replace Fling with any good physical ghost or dark type move, or hold a Hard Stone so as to not have a speed decrease (Iron Ball gives Fling a power of 130; Hard Stone and Fossils give it 100). If you don't use Fling, you can instead hold a Chople Berry. Shuckle uses Gastro Acid to help out Slaking, eliminating its hindering ability. Shuckle then uses the stat-boosting move you chose until the stat is maximized. Now use Power Trick to give it an exceptional attack stat. If you used Double Team, Shuckle can avoid most moves. If you used Swords Dance, its new defense stat is perhaps half-decent. This whole combination gives you to amzingly tough physical sweepers. Shuckle may not last long, however. Gengar is self-explanatory.

Your team has been entered. However, since it is a double-battle type team, I have decided to award two winners for both types.

Back