• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Walls and all that stuff

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Me again. I am rebuilding my team and am in desparate need of a strong special wall that doesn't have 10 weaknesses and/or mega low HP. BTW, I DON'T want blissey! I am trying not to make a super OU team, just a team of pokemon you don't see every single second. So there ya' go, any good special walls you guys can think of?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Underrated special walls include

Calm Milotic
    Calm Empoleon
    Careful/Sassy Registeel
    Careful/Sassy Bronzong
    Careful Snorlax

If sandstorm is running, Careful Cradily makes a great special wall.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Another one I just checked out was Probopass seems pretty good, plus with Lock-On/Zap Cannon, he packs a punch too, even if his attack and special attack stats arent soaring.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Lock-On + Zap Cannon combo has always sucked.

Probopass is another one of those Pokemon that can make a decent special wall if Sandstorm is running.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dang! I keep forgeting to mention I only have emerald and some of the other 3rd gen. games. I guess that narrows it down to milotic, Snorlax, and Registeel. Any others? I already have steelix so that would rule out registeel. I think I want to use cradily. Any good movesets cuz I suck with cradily (then again that was before I discovered there are more than just attack moves). Please help.

EDIT: Forgot my manners. Thanks for the help guys!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Haven't you read any of the above posts? This is for 3rd gen! Anyways, I came up with a cradily moveset. How's this:

Cradily@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: I suck with EV spreads
    ~Amnesia
    ~HP Grass
    ~Recover/Ingrain
    ~Substitute

This a good special wall MS? Help is greatly appriciated. Thanks everyone.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The problem with Probopass is that it has two 4x weaknesses. Even with its high defense, a STABbed Close Combat or Earthquake from a good sweeper is probably going to OHKO it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Urgh...This is 3rd gen...I'm so tired of saying that...Is the Cradily moveset good? I need help with the EVs and probably the moveset too. Toxic could replace substitute i think. Would that work?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Milotic and Vaporeon.

Vaporeon schools.

Modest
    252 hp/120 special attack/136 special defense
    Item:Leftovers
    Surf/Toxic/Wish/Acid Armor

It could learn acid armor last gen, right? If not, go for Ice Beam instead.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Another one I just checked out was Probopass seems pretty good, plus with Lock-On/Zap Cannon, he packs a punch too, even if his attack and special attack stats arent soaring.

Yeah, but sadly, Probopass has a 4x weakness to Ground, and Fighting, and most sweepers carry around an Earthquake

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Okay, people, back on topic. This is not a discussion about Probopass or even the same generation Probopass is in. Besides, Probopass is a special wall, not a physical wall so it's only natural that physical sweepers will be able to take it down.

And Cradily with Amnesia can make a decent special wall, but I'd really suggest Calmcune for special walling and general tanking:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 212 Defense, 44 Sp.Attack

- Surf/Roar
    - Ice Beam/Roar
    - Rest
    - Calm Mind

Back