• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spirit: An animal of Legend, A Horse of hope PG14-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
    Years
    ''The story that I want to tell you cannot be found in a book. They say that the history of the west was written from the saddle of a horse, but it's never been told from the heart of one. Not till now. I was born here, in this place that would come to be called the Old West. But, to my kind, the land was ageless. It had no beginning and no end, no boundary between earth and sky. Like the wind and the buffalo, we belonged here, we would always belong here. They say the mustang is the spirit of the West. Whether that west was won or lost in the end, you'll have to decide for yourself, but the story I want to tell you is true. I was there and I remember. I remember the sun, the sky, and the wind calling my name in a time when we ran free. I'll never forget the sound and the feeling of running together. The hoof beats were many, but our hearts were one."

This is based upon Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. I came up with this idea as an RP, becase of my love for the magnificent creatures that roam the Earth, and the decrease of the Mustang population in North America. The plot of this story is much like Spirit, but it divides into herds, all want to merge as one, escaping the hands of the 'Evil Humans' that want to harm them and the Indians, that are trying to help. Each herd initally starts out as nothing but one stallion and a mare (I feel like I'm lecturing lol), some horses choose to run free, which is also allowed

• No Godmodding
    • You may only control another character IF the person gives permission

Form:

Name:
    Race: (Human, Horse, mountain lion, etc. If being more than one, use different forms)
    Description:
    Short History:
    RP Sample: (MANDATORY)

Here is mine:

Name: Rayne
    Race: Horse
    Description: A Keiser Mustang, very slender but not thin. She has a dark brown coat of fur, having a white star upon her forehead. Rayne has blue eyes instead of the normal brown, something rare.
    Short History: Rayne is the offrspring of an unknown mare that was killed durning a mountain lion attack upon the herd in which she lived in. She managed to escape being killed as well. She has wandered alone all this time, searching for company.

Horsegirl11

Marapet LUVER
    Years
    Name:Storm
    Race: (Human, Horse, mountain lion, etc. If being more than one, use different forms) Horse
    Description:Black with a white stripe
    Short History:She was attacked by a muontain lion but stayed alive
    RP Sample: (MANDATORY)hmmm...

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Name: Clovenhoof
    Description: I will attach a pic.
    Short History: She escaped captivity and has been roaming the West on her own for some time now. She knows close to nothing about her own past.
    RP Sample: Below. Sorry 'tis so short.

Free.

I felt so free, running across that open prairie. They couldn't hold me, they couldn't cage me. It was a wonderful feeling. Like nothing could go wrong. The wind whipped my mane about me, and I laughed at the sheer joy of it all.

I was free!

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    Name: Sky
    Race: horse
    Description: Light brown with a white and brown tail and mane, white socks and a white nose.
    Short History: Has been roaming alone since she left her herd, and has never know of humans.
    RP Sample: (MANDATORY)

Sky didn't know where to go now. She had just been exiled from her herd. 'Idiots...' she thought, looking down at the dusty ground as she trotted throught this enormous valley.
    She hadn't killed the stallion. She had been set up...Her sister wanted her out of her herd. The herd never liked her anyway, so they automatically decided it was she, and not her sister who had led Stone off of the cliff. Stone was another member of her herd, a young black horse, who had a lot of energy, and followed Sky's sister everywhere. He had followed her to his death, and Sky just happened to be nearby when his body was found.
    The rest of the horses had had a meeting to discuss whether or not Sky should stay or not, and she was thrown out. Oh well. She didn't need those stinking mules anyway. She was free now.

Last edited:

Super_Lawliet

Years
    People, the rp sample is MANDATORY even though I've seen you rp before. If I make people I don't know do the mandatory sample and not my friends. The RP would get nowhere

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Name: Shade
    Description: https://www.horseoz.com/croftcnoc/Cassidy.jpg
    Short History: Shade's mother was killed by the Two-Legs only days ago, when trying to protect her filly. She was orphaned at the tender age of three months, and has hardly sirvived the past few days on her own. She has been wandering around, parched of thirst, ribs showing, almost ready to drop.
    RP Sample:

"REEEIGHHH!!"

She fell, her head hitting the ground last. crimson stained her sienna fur, and her eyes rolled back in her head. Her breath came in short gasps, then ceased. She lay still, her legs sticking out at odd angles. She didn't move a muscle.

Shayd stood with wide eyes, watching the scene play out before her. She slowly walked up to her mother's limp form, looking down at it. She pushed her nose against the mare's shoulder, trying to get her to rise. Shade remembered this was how her mother woke her in the early hours. No responce. She whinnied softly, pawing at the ground. Shayde's mother still lay there on the earth.

Slowly realisation seeped into Shade's mind. She let out a sharp cry, jumping away from the dead horse.

"Alright, get your ropes ready."

Shade looked up at the four men on horses. Sad horses. Captured horses. She backed away, taking two steps on her hind legs, spinning, and dashing away. It appeared as though the black horse disappeared into the night.

Super_Lawliet

Years
    Ok! Let's get this show on the road!

IC: The sun had just brouht light upon the plains, bringing a one shadowed body into view. A mare, somewhere around two or three, grazed quietly upon the lush grass that had once been nothing but a desert. The rains during the night had done their job, and she was happy. Rayne raised her head at a faint snosie as her ears flicked back and forth, tail swishing. The noise sounded familiar, like the hooves from others of her own kind.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    She had to get away from that area. Shade tossed her head, throwing her mane about. Her ebony fur glistened with sweat and lather, and foam was forming on the edges of her mouth. Black hooves pounded the ground so fast they became a blur. If only she could run her troubles away, forget them in the relentless pounding of her run...

Exaustion overcame Shade. She slowed down to a trot, then a slow walk. Her long legs moved so slowly it seemed to take forever for her to take a single step. Her chest heaved up and down, ribs expanding and growning small again. The younling looked to the sky. Day was breaking. Her mother would be waking her up at this time, telling her to look up at the Endless Blue Plains. If she wasn't dead.

Shade was alone now...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Name: Yamako
    Race: Black Panther
    Description: A beautiful, black, shining Black Panther. Her fur is lined with silver at night and during the day when the sun shines, the light spots on her can be seen as a darkish blue
    Short History: Her parents and siblings got killed when she was only just barely a year old. They were hunted and killed by the indians and, ever since that day, she grew up alone, never even trusting to lay her eyes on humans
    RP Sample: Yamako sat ontop of a high cliff, bathing in the sun's warmth. "Aaah.." She let out a relaxed sigh as she stretched out on her stomach, flexing her huge claws. Her bright light blue eyes gazed down at the grassy plains that lay before her. There stood one lone mare, which looked to be around the age of two or three, grazing peacefully on the thick, green grass. The mare turned his head behind him though.

Yamako picked up her head and saw other horses approaching the lone mare. She let out a morunonful sigh. 'I wish I had friends..' She thought sadly to herself. Ever since her family's death, Yamako has been living on her own..

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    A elegant white mare with a long, slender neck stood on the horizon, surveying the limitless plains around her. It still didn't seem real. Even after a year of freedom, she still couldn't believe she had escaped. She gazed at the area with satisfaction. After all of those hard times, all the planning, she had earned her freedom at last.

Neeeeigh! Clovenhoof reared in shock as she spotted it. A small black filly was wandering the prairie alone! She stamped her hoof at this indignity. The poor thing could be easy prey to mountain lions. Leaping into action, Clovenhoof galloped towards the filly, her heart pounding.

Last edited:

Super_Lawliet

Years
    OOC: All nOObs (JK) are in!

IC: She sniffed at some of the new horses before she turned tail, galloping towards a lake, lowering her long, graceful neck to drink. Suddenly, her head shot up as she sniffed the air. There seemed to be a creature around...a black panther. Instead of bolting back towards the herd, she neighed and sniffed some more, as if trying to find it. Maybe I could make a new friend...

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Shade took a few steps back, but other than that had no energy left to do anything else. She stood still, frozen with fear and shock. Her black hoof pawed the ground, kicking up dust. The sun was high above her now, gleaming down on Shade's fur. A gentle wind blew, pulling at her short mane. All stood still.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Yamako turned her head to her left. The black mare that was just in the middle of the field was now next to the lake, getting a drink. 'Hmm...Speaking of drinks..' Yamako thought to herself. Onsuch a hot and humid day like this, its no wonder she was quit thirsty. She didn't want the horse to be frightened though, she hated when that happened. The horse would probably bolt, then try to aviod her by running around her in a wide circle, eyes never taken off of her. She gave a huff of annoyance as she looked at the horse. Then she noticed something; the horse wasn't drinking anymore. Instead, it looked like it was trying to smell out something. 'Sure hope he doesn't find me..' Yamako thought to herself. If that happens, then i'll have to deal with another wimpy horse, running away, eyes locked on me alll the time. She sighed heavily to herslef as she rolled her eyes, then continued staring at the searching mare..

Super_Lawliet

Years
    OOC: Ok new idea, we can TALK ^^ yay!

IC: She lowered her head slightly and walked around, looking towards the cliffs. Rayne shook her head before speaking. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Clovenhoof was a bit confused at this reaction. "It's okay," she told the filly soothingly. "Don't be afraid." The sun beat down upon them, the grass rustling slightly in the light breeze.

"Don't be afraid," she repeated gently, taking a cautious step towards the youngling.

Last edited:

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    ((Ooc)) Amy, a foal is a young male horse. A female is a filly. Just letting you know so we don't have any future mistakes. ^-^'

Something seemed to come over Shade, a sense of calmnss and tranquility. She slowly approached the larger horse, taking small cautious steps. When the mare moved her head too fast she bolted, stopping a few feet away. Then, throwing all doubts and fears into the wind the whirled around her, Shade ran up to the mare, letting out a cry of sadness. Tears leaked out her eyes, becoming lost in Shade's midnight coloured fur.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    OOC: OI, you people have to have atleast a paragraph for each post. And thatm eans atleast four lines >.> Anything lower then that is against the rules >_>

IC: Yamako got up and quickly took a step back. 'Is that horse looking for me?!!' She thought to herself as she ran across the cliff, towards the other side of it. Once she got there, she ran back a couple of yards to escape whatever glances the horse maight havetaken towards her direction..'God that was close..Well atleast none can get me up here..' She thought, then gave a sigh of relief, then pondered for a moment. She then proceeded to shaking her head back and forth. "No, no, no!!" She said outloud to herself, hastily. "It just isn't right. I mean c'mon, a horse and a black panther as friends?!" It goes against nature. Plus what would become of me then? Would I become a grass eater or something?! Pfft, yeah right. My blood is with the panthers and thats all there is to it" Yamako boldly finished off, staring across the cliff. She then turned to go back off to her den..

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    OOC: Eheheh. *fixes* Whoops...

IC:
    A deep pity welled up inside Clovenhoof. The mare nudged the black filly gently with her muzzle. She clearly needed some comfort.

"Dear, what's wrong?" she asked consolingly, calmly meeting the filly's tear-filled gaze.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back