• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Spliting Pokémon Strategies and Movesets into sub form depening on battle style?

Years
    The reason I say this is because there are four different styles of battling (Singles, Doubles, Triples and Rotation). To me at least, it makes sense to have a sub form for each because the type of battle team is intend for will (should) affect the answer given. For example, Double battle was created with partnership in mind even if people often put their Singles team into Double battle on wifi.
    Alternatively, getting people to state which type of battle they intend to use the team in at the beginning of each post seems like a good idea.
    I like giving advice and I do so on a daily basis to my subscribers on youtube but I am mainly double battle person and I know it doesn't take too much thinking to have Pokémon working together (effectively) but unless people tell me its a double or triples team I don't know whether I'm wasting my time with that person because it could turn out to be a Singles team but unless they tell me I know no for sure.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Doubles, Triples, and Rotation battles are small niches of the competitive battling community. I don't think they're big enough to warrant their own subforums. Then again, you should talk to an S&M mod about this since I don't make those decisions.

Years
    Doubles, Triples, and Rotation battles are small niches of the competitive battling community. I don't think they're big enough to warrant their own subforums. Then again, you should talk to an S&M mod about this since I don't make those decisions.
    I suppose... but if that's the case they there could be one place for Singles and other place for everything else.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I suppose... but if that's the case they there could be one place for Singles and other place for everything else.

Not only are they hardly used by anyone that's a regular in that forum, they're easily identified in the thread. Plus, we don't have any "active" Doubles, Triples, Rotation etc battlers meaning that it does little to no good to post such a team here. I hate to say it but things like that when we really have no one to rate those styles, the people posting the RMTs should really take their teams to places with more active battlers (i.e. Smogon).

I'm avidly against dividing the forum more when other styles aren't really posted and/or rated. It'd just make more dead subforums and we don't want that after the Battle Logs crisis, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Singles kinda...dominate. lol Unless someone specifies that their team is for a double/triple/rotation battle, then it's a single battle team. An S&M buff can correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
    I hate to say it but things like that when we really have no one to rate those styles, the people posting the RMTs should really take their teams to places with more active battlers (i.e. Smogon).

I'm avidly against dividing the forum more when other styles aren't really posted and/or rated. It'd just make more dead subforums and we don't want that after the Battle Logs crisis, etc.

Hmmm, I'm not going on smogon (ideological reasons). Thanks for the tip anyway.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Or, it could just be changed to
    Single Battling
    Double Battling
    Other Battling

maybe?

That would still be useless. A doubles team is posted perhaps once every week and a half. A forum being that inactive is really really bad. And I've never ever seen a Triples or Rotation battle RMT in my time of hanging around S&M (which is since before the 5th gen was released). S&M is fine right now the way it is.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Yeah basically what Vrai and Sydian said already. I know that user Dark Pulse94 was kind of active when it came to doubles, so I guess you could ask him about that if you feel like having a chat.

Also to be honest smogon is probably the best place to go when it comes to doubles, even with the activity being mainly focused on the singles meta. Remember that the main reason why doubles is mainly used on Wifi only (aka go to the Battle Stadium and ask for a doubles battle if you want one) is due to the older pokemon simulator, Shoddy Battle only supporting single battles. After that, I guess you could call the competitive battling community sort of conservative and disliking of "triple battles omg so creative" (including me haha), but Smogon is still probably your best option related to anything in a doubles/triples meta, imho.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Just my two cents here (even though I don't visit there much...XD)

Are there those tags that you can put at the beginning of thread titles? Like in CQ&F, we have Suggestion:, Question:, Feedback:, etc. If not, could some be made? I don't know if this would be the solution that Dundundun would want, because it sounds like he was looking for a separate place to chat about those types of battles, but at least this way, it would be easier to identify which kinds of teams are out there waiting to be rated.

Of course, one could also just put Doubles, Triple, etc in the title...>__>

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Just my two cents here (even though I don't visit there much...XD)

Are there those tags that you can put at the beginning of thread titles? Like in CQ&F, we have Suggestion:, Question:, Feedback:, etc. If not, could some be made? I don't know if this would be the solution that Dundundun would want, because it sounds like he was looking for a separate place to chat about those types of battles, but at least this way, it would be easier to identify which kinds of teams are out there waiting to be rated.

Of course, one could also just put Doubles, Triple, etc in the title...>__>

You're absolutely right, but we already have thread tags that say [Gen V], [Gen IV], [Gen III], etc. The gen is kinda more important than telling us what kind of battles they do (and we'll find out in the thread if they mention it anyway). Some of the teams do mention Doubles in the title and that's fine. Some of them don't but they say it in the thread anyway which I guess is fine too.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If your RMT is for a type of battling other than singles, just state that in the thread title or at the beginning of the thread. Imo, those threads don't get much action anyway, so a subforum is not warranted.

Back