• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon Special PT428

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Fight fight fight fight fight fight.....FIIIIIIIIIGHT

I found this chapter highly amusing, especially Thorton's loss. Who would've thought that he became a super crybaby if he lost? It makes me wonder if Dahlia isn't the only one who's lost for the first time in these past few chapters...

I also wonder if they're going to send her off to Stark Mountain as well, or just let her keep challenging. What do you think?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What makes you say that? In the chapter itself, all it says is that Palmer wants to ask her something and for her to look at the window, then it ends. If it's from another chapter though, that post isn't very constructive as it isn't discussing this chapter at all.

Anyway, for anyone who would like to discuss but isn't sure where to start: Did you doubt for a minute that Platinum would win against Thorton, or was it decided because she's the protagonist? Or was it decided for another reason?

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • I thought Thorton was too overconfident in his watchamacallit device thing.
    I don't think he was thinking things through. He even read Kadabra's attacks, and somehow, he ended up missing Drain Punch. What a prick.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Thorton personality are very different from what I thought before. Never think he will be such crybaby, considering his calculating habit.
    Maybe it was the power of protagonist after all, but Darach and Thorton are too confident and overlook some of her moves.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I thought Thorton was too overconfident in his watchamacallit device thing.
    I don't think he was thinking things through. He even read Kadabra's attacks, and somehow, he ended up missing Drain Punch. What a prick.

Yeah, I guess if you rely on technology TOO much, you're liable for all its mistakes. Makes me wonder about his 'knowledge'...Platina knew that Kadabra would mess up the readings, but he didn't because he didn't actually know Kadabra's abilities. Probably because instead of knowing things, he puts them into machines so he doesn't have to remember them.

Do you think Platina beats him for Pokemon knowledge? She did know all the sound moves, but she didn't know Tyranitar's ability...

Thorton personality are very different from what I thought before. Never think he will be such crybaby, considering his calculating habit.
    Maybe it was the power of protagonist after all, but Darach and Thorton are too confident and overlook some of her moves.

Yeah, it's an interesting contrast. He though himself higher than everyone else I think, so he definitely fell farther. There's also his hubris of "I know everything", so he didn't humble himself to learn more about her Pokemon.

Back