• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SPOILERS] Wow, they really...

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    My posts do say "in my opinion" so why are you keep telling me that it is my opinion when i know it is?

And no, Lusamine in SM developed more in SM in my opinion.

In my opinion. Lusamine was developed way more better in the USUM and i'm not going to change my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    My posts do say "in my opinion" so why are you keep telling me that it is my opinion when i know it is?

And no, Lusamine in SM developed more in SM in my opinion.

How? She was crazy and insanely in love with UB from the moment we meet her to her final fight in s/m. We do see glimpses of her turning new leaf as she was freed but then we never hear from her again in post game. While in Ultra Sun and moon we see completely how she changes. Heck she even melted her frozen Pokemon collection and treats Lilly and gladion better. Do we see that resultion in Sun and Moon?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    In my opinion. Lusamine was developed way more better in the USUM and i'm not going to change my opinion.
    You said that already. Can you just stop repeating it to me and talk to others instead?

How? She was crazy and insanely in love with UB from the moment we meet her to her final fight in s/m. We do see glimpses of her turning new leaf as she was freed but then we never hear from her again in post game. While in Ultra Sun and moon we see completely how she changes. Heck she even melted her frozen Pokemon collection and treats Lilly and gladion better. Do we see that resultion in Sun and Moon?

I prefer SM Lusamine. She is far better developed in SM in my opinion.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • To be honest, cruel as I am, I would have preferred if they first released a story with a more kind and redeemable Lusamine, to make us like her, and then release a second game where she gets mind controlled and ends up comatose. I... really enjoy stories with likeable fictional characters ending up in really bad places ^^.

That being said, I still like both characterizations. It's a nice illustration of a sort of a butterfly effect: in both universes, Lusamine lost Mohn to an Ultra Wormhole, and depending on what kind of emotional effect that had on her, she ended up either unwisely throwing herself head first into Ultra Wormhole research and losing herself to a Nihilego, or vowing to never research anything of the sort ever again, until she was contacted by the Ultra Recon Squad; and thus she ended up in completely different places. I love to see things like this in fiction, that's honestly the level of story divergence that I've been wanting in paired releases for ages (yeah, I know this isn't the case here, but it's close enough, I'll take it) .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    You said that already. Can you just stop repeating it to me and talk to others instead?

Are you one of those who is like- "my opinion- I don't need to explain crap and no one cdm criticise me?"
    Also funny how you say " I get it it is your opinion " when you your self keep on repeating "it is my opinion "

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019

I'm not repeating nothing to you.

I like both the SM/USUM Lusamine, but USUM developed her a lot better, at least you get to see her post game.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I feel pretty conflicted right now about the plot. I think it's because of how some of the dialogue and cutscenes of certain characters, like Lusamine and Lillie during the main part of the story, was changed a bit. We have the Lusamine in SM still fresh in our minds, but then USUM comes along and either adds or detracts away from a few things, thus throwing a wrench into it so to speak. There's also a few things I don't understand about the post-game either, there didn't seem to be much clarification on it from what i could tell... did Giovanni actually go out and get the other team leaders himself, or was Necrozma responsible for sucking them into and stranding them in Alola?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I like how SM Lusamine remained the most developed. She really was a great villain.

USUM Lusamine should have kept the villianous side of her in my opinion.

Are you one of those who is like- "my opinion- I don't need to explain crap and no one cdm criticise me?"
    Also funny how you say " I get it it is your opinion " when you your self keep on repeating "it is my opinion "
    I explained my reasons and opinions. I post in my opinion in all my posts so that they don't come up as facts. I am not really repeating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I like how SM Lusamine remained the most developed. She really was a great villain.

USUM Lusamine should have kept the villianous side of her in my opinion.

Like I said lusamine s/m=\=lusamine in us/um. She is a main villain in sun and moon but she is not meant to be in us/um. And lusamine DOES retain some villainous aspect-like disowning Lillie and gladion and freezing Pokemon.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Like I said lusamine s/m=\=lusamine in us/um. She is a main villain in sun and moon but she is not meant to be in us/um. And lusamine DOES retain some villainous aspect-like disowning Lillie and gladion and freezing Pokemon.
    Well i still prefer Lusamine of SM but USUM Lusamine was still good regardless.

I suppose Team Rainbow Rocket was meant to be the bad guys of the game even though they are post game. I am fine with that as i enjoyed battling them a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Well i still prefer Lusamine of SM but USUM Lusamine was still good regardless.

I suppose Team Rainbow Rocket was meant to be the bad guys of the game even though they are post game. I am fine with that as i enjoyed battling them a lot.

No! necrozma Is main villain! Did you not even read the texts in the game! Why else did you battle Ultra Necrozma!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    No! necrozma Is main villain! Did you not even read the texts in the game! Why else did you battle Ultra Necrozma!
    I am not sure that it is. It sounds like Necrozma was suffering and was trying to get light to stop itself suffering. So i don't think it is a villain. Pokemon can't be villains anyway in my opinion.

Anyway Lusamine was a good character in USUM even though she was tone down a bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am not sure that it is. It sounds like Necrozma was suffering and was trying to get light to stop itself suffering. So i don't think it is a villain. Pokemon can't be villains anyway in my opinion.

He is meant to be "big bad" of US and UM and is main reason for most of trouble in US and UM. It does not matter what motivation was- he was still tying to steal light from Alola and still assimilated nebby. This game is first game in which Pokemon is main antagonist.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    He is meant to be "big bad" of US and UM and is main reason for most of trouble in US and UM. It does not matter what motivation was- he was still tying to steal light from Alola and still assimilated nebby. This game is first game in which Pokemon is main antagonist.
    I don't know. We all can have different views on who is the actual bad. I personally don't see Necrozma as a big bad but that is me.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • He is meant to be "big bad" of US and UM and is main reason for most of trouble in US and UM. It does not matter what motivation was- he was still tying to steal light from Alola and still assimilated nebby. This game is first game in which Pokemon is main antagonist.

That's true, but Alexander has a point as well. From what I understand of the in-game dialogue, Necrozma was originally the source of light for Ultra Megaopolis. The ancestors of the current residents of Megaopolis got greedy(they don't elaborate exactly how they got greedy) to the point that they caused it to suffer, making it loose its original light. In the Pokedex entries it states how Necrozma feeds off of light in order to actually live, and that it becomes its blackened form when it losses that. So really, Necrozma isn't actually evil.

I can't help thinking though that it was because of Lusamine's recklessness that put Alola in danger to begin with. The Ultra Recon Squad had it restrained and were searching for a way to keep it under control.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I can't help thinking though that it was because of Lusamine's recklessness that put Alola in danger to begin with. The Ultra Recon Squad had it restrained and were searching for a way to keep it under control.

I remember them mentioning before that it was breaking out of its containment, so I'm not so sure it was Lusamine and Guzma together that caused Necrozma to free itself. For all we know it had already broken out by the time they got there, meaning they fought it and were defeated before it roared out of the portal that Nebby summoned, and knowing how useless the Ultra Recon Squad is with Pokemon battling, the two of them would have been its only obstacles. It's also worth nothing that as much as it suffered, and as sympathetic as it is, it's actions still would have extinguished all light from our world like it apparently tried to do before in the past, which could possibly cause a mass extinction event and end the world as we know it. So it's still kind of the main villain, even though its only motivation was simply to make itself whole again and cause its own suffering to cease.

The only problem is that we have no idea what exactly Lusamine even did while in Ultra Megalopolis. My guess is that she wanted to defeat it herself and/or capture it, but all we know is that she battled it and lost, and apparently got beat up along with Guzma. She's certainly nutty enough to try and break it out of containment (though how you would break a monster that big out of its presumably very strong containment vessel I have no idea), but they had mentioned before the containment vessel was failing so it's debatable as to whether she broke it out or not. It's apparently strong enough to completely wipe out both them and Nebby with not too much effort, so anything the Ultra Recon Squad could do would have pretty much been worthless since in ancient times it apparently took a ton of Pokemon fighting back against it to even weaken it to the point where containment would have been possible.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • the anime made all charcters better and less stiff and thats not just my opinon lot of people i know agree with that

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I like the USUM lusamine better because it developed her character better and made her character more interesting. She was still a good female character in SM, but you don't see much of her after you defeat her in battle.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    A shame really. Lusamine could have developed into an even better villain. Instead they chose not to develop her more and left her lesser than her SM self.

At least she still plays a part in the story. I am glad she got involved with Necrozma at least.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    A shame really. Lusamine could have developed into an even better villain. Instead they chose not to develop her more and left her lesser than her SM self.

At least she still plays a part in the story. I am glad she got involved with Necrozma at least.

Who says she always needs to be a villain? Why can't she be an anti-heroine in this universe?

Back