• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spore

justokre

Open your eyes.
Years
  • Who else is excited about Spore?
    Just look around on Youtube if you haven't heard about this extremely ambitious game.

Oh, and forget about "Catching 'em all" in Spore. The Sporedex will be pretty much infinite!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    :O SOMEONE ELSE HAS HEARD ABOUT SPORE!!!1!
    Sorry im just so damn excited about this game
    Yay :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    ive just checked it out and it looks awesome when does this game come out any way

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • It comes out on the 5th of September 2008 in Europe and the 7th of September 2008 in the USA. I have been following Spore for years now, here's an youtube group with most of the videos available on Spore: http://www.youtube.com/group/sporex

I'm also looking forward to Spore Creatures (DS) and Monster Lab (DS, Wii).

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • Dark Dragon showed me this, and it looks quite interesting. i may get this, if i have the money. with seeing some of the videos, i will rate it 9/10

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
  • *Raises hand*

I've been watching out for this game for a while... don't know exactly how long, but it looks incredibly awesome, and nothing below that. It would most likely kill this laptop though by how it looks... so I'll have to settle for the DS version or something if that turns out any good.

But, here's a question...

To the people that have seen any kind of monster creation videos:
    Have you tried to imagine what kind yours would be?

Not really a need to answer, just curious.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
  • It looks like it'll be about as graphically intensive as maybe the Sims 2 or so. I believe I heard that's what EA was planning. It'll be more about RAM and processing or whatever, than graphics.

Well, one of my creatures (out of possibly hundreds) is going to have blue skin, a fairly humanoid face. It'll have four short legs. The back legs will be longer than the front, causing its back to slope downward from its butt to its head like this: \
    And its front feet will actually be more like elbows. They'll have limbs reaching up and forward from the top of the feet, with a pair of hands on each arm.
    Heh.

And another will be similar to an Andalite.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, they said that if you can play The Sims 2 you'll be able to play Spore. One thing I've noticed in the DS version is that there is at least 1 mouth that breathes fire, here's hopping that I'll be able to build a Charizard civilization xD

I'll probably build hundreds (if not thousands) of creatures with this game (or future versions of it) during my lifetime but at first I'm gonna try and build tripods and creatures with weird leg configurations. EA is planning a 10 year cycle of expansion packs and updates both to parts as well as graphics, so instead of making Spore 2, they will just keep expanding and improving this game for at least 10 years :o

Also, they are releasing the Creature Editor 2 to 3 months prior to the games release, so we should get the editor around the 5th of June and the 5th of July.

Back