• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Sprite importing issue

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    So I made my first attempt at making my own shiny form and adding it into the game. My friend asked me to make him a rom hack with Unova pokemon and mega evolution. So I took the mega haxorus from Pokemon Insurgence and colored my own shiny for it, but when I try to insert it, the normal sprite imports fine but the shiny glitches out.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Hi! I had a problem with this, too, but I figured it out. You may need to rearrange your shiny palette so that each color is in the same position of the color it's meant to replace on the original palette. I was also able to get shiny sprites working with Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor (APSE) because it reordered the palette for me when I imported the shiny sprite and clicked "synchronize palettes."

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    Hi! I had a problem with this, too, but I figured it out. You may need to rearrange your shiny palette so that each color is in the same position of the color it's meant to replace on the original palette. I was also able to get shiny sprites working with Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor (APSE) because it reordered the palette for me when I imported the shiny sprite and clicked "synchronize palettes."

Thank you so much for the response. APSE didn't want to automatically fix the pallets, so I went in manually and spent an hour and a half manually reassigning the pallets but in the end it worked, so thank you so much!

Back