• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites, Fakes, and Pixels~

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    It's been quite a long time since I've posted a thread in the Spriting section. I stopped spriting about 4 to 5 years ago, when I was learning how to use Photoshop. I just got back into it the other day when I decided to make a sprite for one of my Fakemon.

So yeah, here's my thread! Just to let you know, constructive crit is appreciated, but bashing is not. If you want to critique my stuff, please don't be rude about it, and give tips when you can! Tips and pointers are always good.

And without further ado, here's a sprite I made a couple days ago.

It's my fake evolution of Tsutaja that I created. I'm rather proud of it, as it's probably my best scratch sprite in general.

And as an added bonus, here's a quick animation I did of it. I've also never done animation, so I'm rather pleased with that, as well.

Here's a quick scratch sprite I did of my Pokésona, a Growlithe-Arcanine with different colorings. It's not as good as my fakemon, but I still kinda like it.

And here's also a quick edit job I did of my Pokémon HeartGold Team.

The Typhlosion has Charcoal patterns on her fur, Pidgeot has a Scope Lens over her left eye, Ampharos has an Expert Belt, Umbreon has a Soothe Bell, Alakazam doesn't have a hold item, but instead has star tattoos on his arms and a bead necklace, and Gyarados has a Life Orb in his head crest.

Last edited:
    Years
    As awesome and spectacular as those two are, you need at least 4 to keep a thread open. Still, fantastic work, especially considering you haven't done it for a while.

tsutaajafan95

#1 Tsutaaja fan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Wow you are really good. So your the one who made the Tsutaaja evolution. Very sweet job on that. Can you do requests?

Years

I notice that the animation is a little off in places. On the neck when the head moves back the line between the dark green and the light green isn't very smooth for that one frame, the big wing looses part of it's outline where it crosses over the yellow part of the back, and the front whisker seems like it floats in mid air just a bit too long. It seems to me that you could get a really really smooth animation if you did some more remaking/redrawing areas of the sprite for each frame. Some parts look like they were cut and shifted over a pixel or two, like how the top half of the tail shifts left and right, but the lower half doesn't move relative to the top half.

It's still a very good sprite and a nice animation.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I really like your Tsutaja evo sprite its AWSOME!!! As scarf said I can notice in the animation its like its neck is comming off or somthing :S
    Your HG team is excactly the same as mine only I have SS and a sudowoodo instead of a alakazam! LOL

bz5566

Furi Kuri
    Years
    as said above, the Tsutaja "evolution" looks awesome! The Growlithe-Arcanine sprite looks sweet also.

also, the HG mini sprites are nice. I know it's hard from that angle, but you should try to get the Umbreon sprite with the Soothe Bell showing.

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    really like the growlithe/arcanine, but it looks more like a digimon.

Nice additions to the other pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back