• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
  • I decided to make this thread for one main reason. I need some C+C. So please give me some and it'll be used to better my skills.

Shian_Sprite8986643132-iaza.gif
    Sprite I made. Improved upon by Chibi Robo.
    jhfjhf-4.gif
    Partial scratch. Vulpixs' head was used.
    complete_latias7586919883-iaza.gif
    A Latias Trace-Over

And Two Fakemon Trace-Overs:
    ferreon6958474561-iaza.gif
    Ferreon
    Brawleon9747182203-iaza.gif
    Brawleon

Both Fakemon Concept arts were done by Ashurasonic. I was given credit to use them. And thank you for looking at these and I look forward to your help!

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • they all look ok... but they could use a bit more shading, and NEVER ever use a black outline for any part. this might not fit the rules but I hope it does since I see a lot of potential in you.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Sab's advice is worth taking note. Your sprites are OK, and your Trace Over is nice. When outligning, it's OK to use balck, but you should try to use darker colours that are used on the body. If you look at any offcial Nintendo Pokemon sprite, you'll see what I mean.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Ok I see what you two mean. I'll go back and fix that up. Wher specifically do I need shading though? Shading is probably my weakest point.

EDIT: I found a sprite I did for Shian but it isn't in use. Credit goes to CHibi Robo for touching it up.

Shian_Sprite8986643132-iaza.gif

Last edited:

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
  • Here's some suggestion:

jhfjhf-4.gif

It's ears is not pefectly shaped. =/

ferreon6958474561-iaza.gif

What's with it's body? You should've removed it to make it look better.

Brawleon9747182203-iaza.gif

You really need to fix this sprite. It's body is so thin. It's neck and feet is too thin also. It's head is so big. You should've make the body bigger so it would fit the big head and the awesome tail. =)

Anyways. I hope my suggestions helped.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Circa could you go into a little more detail.Sorry but I don't understand exactly how I should change them.
    Just smooth up those lines, and give them anatomy. Fell free to use all the eeveelutions as references.

For the green one, I'd say give it a shorter body, and some longer, slim legs.

And while you're at it, give the last two an outline of some sort.. And fatten them up, they look too skinny.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Ok I'm busy with my rom hack so I haven't had time to edit these. It's not that I'm ignoring the C+C it's that I can't do much now.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Pretty nice but the second sprite the green cat thing. I'm not sure whats wrong with it. The shadeing seems...off. The outlines not quite got it. Besides that they all look nice. I hope to see more.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Thank you for the comments. I've been reworking the sprites with your criticism in mind but I haven't gotten any ready to be looked at again. I've also done this for my hacks' titlescreen:
    Titlescreen_Lugia_Back-up4607235420-iaza.gif

Can anyone help me with the shading? Especially the stomach. Actually, anything that find wrong would be helpful. It needs to be perfect so it won't disgrace me. I do enough of that already.

Back