• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Spriteset update issue with connected maps

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Hi, so it seems I've stumbled upon a bit of an odd predicament here:

I'm currently working on coding a DexNav script for the game I'm developing, and I've made a toggleable interface that adds a few methods to the Scene_Map class and changes the update method. The script is designed to add a series of images to the current map's spriteset and animate them. While the script runs fine in maps without connections, when the player gets to close to map connection edge, the game begins to render two instances of the HUD, since the additional map is updating its own spriteset with the HUD as well.

The update system is similar to the simple HUD script by FL. Using this to render a series of transparent images on the screen, the issue of rendering transparent images near map connections becomes quite obvious.

The only solution I can think of would be to find a way to determine if a spriteset is the one particular to the exact same map that the player is in. So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

---EDIT---
    (RESOLVED)
    Finally found a solution :) :
    elsif @interface
    for s in @spritesets.values
    s.updateHud
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]break
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]end
    end

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back