• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spritng question

Status
Not open for further replies.

txro

Pokemon Game Maker
    Years
    I'm trying to create my own pokemon game but i have a question, How do you create good new pokemon. Becuase i when try it most look crappy. Plus i cant shade that well. Here is my example of an oddish. Please help.

Last edited:

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    I hate to spill the beans to you but it is all about skills. If you dont have the skills then you can not posibly make a "good new pokemon".
    Photoshop is a good Graphics editor.....so i hear
    This is kinda a silly question.....

PEACE OUT

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    that's not a silly question, he's just curious ;)

all it takes is practice, whether you have Photoshop or just regular old Paint, they both work just as good because they both have the only real tools that you need, the pencil and the eraser. good sprites come with time, you can't just pull one out of your hat. all i can say is keep practicing and work on some basics such as shape first, then move onto harder things such as shading and heavy details ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    just look at a few pokemon sprites. then try drawing your own things to add to them (no copy and paste)
    that should help you make some!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back