• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square Enix Announces Ultimate Final Fantasy Box Set

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Bye, money.

$450 may be a bit much, but the art book, soundtrack and other collectables are certainly interesting. However, a two-disc soundtrack? The FFX soundtrack alone had four discs. I really wish they had thrown in more tracks into this box set. Nonetheless, this is very interesting.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
    Uh-huh... yeah... $450... I think I'll pass.

This is why my interest in SE has been rapidly dropping. I remember back when Square was Square, and Enix was Enix. Square Soft had been a wonderful company, with great prices and good quality games that had a good amount of... emotion. Not so much... drama? IDK, I guess I'm just ranting again.

Anyway, I don't see myself getting this, as this is far more expensive than it needs to be. Even EA, who royally ****ed up the C&C franchise, released "C&C: The First Decade", which was like, $20 I think. It included the following:
    • Command & Conquer
    • Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert – Counterstrike
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert – The Aftermath
    • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
    • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
    • Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge
    • Command & Conquer: Renegade
    • Command & Conquer: Generals
    • Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour

If you ask me, that's a good deal, mate. That is over 10 games with 2/3 of the price one of these games cost at initial release. An example: did you know that Tiberian Sun was $29.99 MSRP when it was first released?

SE needs to fire who is in charge of marketing.

Back