• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSI freewebs style

Wally4eva

Intermediate Webmaster
Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    God, it took me a while to find out how to work this, it isnt as easy as everyone thinks, well it is but not on freewebs, here is how you do it:
    First name all your page extensions (html, htm etc) to shtml
    Then go to one of your pages and copy the nav bar
    Make a new page called nav.html, can copy the code in there
    Then change the name of nav.html to nav.cav
    then highlight the menu in one of your pages and pate this:
    <!--#include file="nav.cav" -->
    so your file will have that instead of your hell lots of code, you can also do the same with the affilate bar aswell.
    So if you want to edit the nav bar, change the name of the nav.cav back to nav.html just so you can edit it and then change it back!!
    There you go how to use ssi for freewebs.

Mods - sticky perhaps?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • O_o

I'm pretty sure most people know that. Also, where'd you learn that it has to be .cav?

Wally4eva

Intermediate Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    one of my old freewebs site before i knew html, i changed it to html and it had an extra page called nav bar.cav so thats where i learnt

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    No, you need to configure the server to allow SSI to be executed on other extensions over SHTML and SHTM. You can't just add SSI directives into a .html document without configuration to the server.

Back