• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Start of My first competitive team, Suggestions, and Help

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I don't have a lead yet these are just the pokemon i've thought of putting in for my first real team

let me know what you think, Any changes you would make, Or any strategy ideas.

Please keep criticism constructive this is my first team, So i'm open to ideas
    If you notice something wrong IE This pokemon can't do that Etc etc let me know

1 Togekiss, Modes, Serene Grace @ King's rock
    EV 252 Sp. ATK/ 200 Sp. DEF/ 52 DEF/ 4HP
    Extrasensory, Shadow Ball, Flame Thrower, Air Slash

2 Quagsire, Impish, Water Absorb @ Leftovers
    EV 252 HP/ 4 Atk / 252 DEF
    Recover, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Toxic

3 Drapion, Careful, Battle Armor @ Leftovers
    EV 252 HP/ 12 ATK/ 244 SPD
    Crunch, Toxic Spikes, Rest, Sleep Talk

4 Infernape

5 Dusknoir

6 Not sure for the last one

EDIT so i think i'll put infernape as my lead, I think i'll take a suggestion below though and put together a Aerodactyl for an alternative
    Now i just need to get a moveset in for Dusk, I have the basic lead for ape so he's done just need the to figure the last poemon to top of this team

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Arcanine would be good!! and a bothersome Dusknoir might fit too. Idk about the Gallade tbh.

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Arcanine would be good!! and a bothersome Dusknoir might fit too. Idk about the Gallade tbh.

Well the three i have chosen, none share the same weakness.

And the Drapion covers Quagy. And Quagy covers Togekiss.

Not fully sure how i should set up the Dusknor. Maybe a trick room to boost with Drapion or something... :/

I'll look into arcanine :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Give it Pain Split(which is an egg move), earthquake or shadow punch, trick room and will o wisp? (stole that from smogon rofl)

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    That's the site that got me back into Pokemon! it's the best

Pokemon Μaster

Pokemon-Master #win-11 #loss 2
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    K,

Drapion- using sleep-talk has a 50% chance of doing nothing? I would get a new moveset, (i'll post one soon)

Togekiss- Kings rock is banned from the standard competive play, & Air-slash covers fighting types so extrasenory would be a waste, Hows nasty-plot instead with a life-orb?

Quagsire- seems perfect xD

Edit- If your running toxic spikes on drapion, dont use toxic with quagsire.

Last edited:
    Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    K,

Drapion- using sleep-talk has a 50% chance of doing nothing? I would get a new moveset, (i'll post one soon)

Togekiss- Kings rock is banned from the standard competive play, & Air-slash covers fighting types so extrasenory would be a waste, Hows nasty-plot instead with a life-orb?

Quagsire- seems perfect xD

Edit- If your running toxic spikes on drapion, dont use toxic with quagsire.

K thanks the tips i'll be waiting for that move set, any suggestions for for a replacer move on quagy Plus i really need a lead that will work well with that i have, any adice?

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • For me, a good lead would be

Scizor@ Life orb
    Technician
    252 Atk 252 Spd 6 Hp

Bullet Punch
    U-turn
    Bug bite/Superpower
    Pursuit

Just a standard lead, able to scout out the opposition, and deal out massive damage with STAB u-turn/Bug bite.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Aerodactyl is a really good lead, you don't have any Ground or rock moves besides the Auagsire which are the only attack moves the lead moveset has, so you should be good as far as diversity goes.
    Jolly Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    It's fast, it can prevent the foe from setting up on you, and it allows you to set up in return.

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Aerodactyl is a really good lead, you don't have any Ground or rock moves besides the Auagsire which are the only attack moves the lead moveset has, so you should be good as far as diversity goes.
    Jolly Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    It's fast, it can prevent the foe from setting up on you, and it allows you to set up in return.

Oh i forgot to edit this post. No one was really replying :P

i put together an infernape lead but.. His stats seem to low.. i'm not sure whi I EVd him and he had a pretty good IV spread

Years
  • Well my lead is my gallade, it has: brick break, psycho cut, leaf blade and X-Scissor, with the moves it has it is likley to score a super effective on more than half of the different types. It really is a great pokemon :D hope that helped

Back